• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it is worth Doc and BMitch gave Jackson a lot of credit. They said he adapted his game a lot from the previous year. Their comment was "he is coachable and willing to work"

From what I've read on him that seems to be the case. He seems to be interested in and dedicated to improving as a passer and petrino seems to be helping him with that offense.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe you are BS'ing about walter football . these evaluations will change things a lot

the smart thing to do is resign KC and keep moving the operation forward . i think there is about a 40% chance of that

i say there is a 60% chance he is allowed to walk

there will be a ton of excuses (none backed up by facts ) we have plenty of cap space , we have plenty of draft picks but the underlying thing is he doesnt have the "wow" factor the FO wants

i believe that the number 5 qb on the list has as good a chance of making it as anyone else but the stats show that only about 1 in 5 qbs drafted in the first round will ever be as good as KC is right now

trading for alex smith gives you a 2 year stop gap , bradford , keenum , bridgewater are all stop gaps and lesser qbs then what we have now

my issue with all this is we will be diverting resources that can be used to address other problems to fix a position we should already have had in place

my next issue is how do you plan for next year with this albatross (self inflicted mind you ) hanging over us ?

right now the team has progressed from 3-4 win laughing stock to a team that is in the middle of the pack ready to make the next big jump . starting over at qb stunts that growth

sure can bradford and the others offer you fools gold and win 10 games next year but when you have gutted your next 2 drafts and overpaid for the bridge at qb then you have an issue

if we keep KC here next season and beyond i think with good health you will start to see playoff births being strung together . if not then the cowboys and eagles will ascend to the top for at least the next half decade with us being in the cellar for most of the time till our savior is ready to first play , second take command , and third actually lead us

we should keep and value our draft picks , sign only free agents 28 or below and keep building the LOS on both sides (mostly defense ) . losing are qb puts that in jeopardy

I am not BSing about Walter football mock draft. The rest of your novel I 100% agree with and our #1 priority should be resigning KC. However I don’t give him 40% odds like you but more like 20% he stays with us. I’d love for him to sign with us for 7-10yrs and then we could focus on the rest of the team. Also agree sign guys under 28. No sense in paying guys who won’t be with us for at least 5yrs. I miss Scotty so much.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not BSing about Walter football mock draft. The rest of your novel I 100% agree with and our #1 priority should be resigning KC. However I don’t give him 40% odds like you but more like 20% he stays with us. I’d love for him to sign with us for 7-10yrs and then we could focus on the rest of the team. Also agree sign guys under 28. No sense in paying guys who won’t be with us for at least 5yrs. I miss Scotty so much.
so you actually buy walter football knows anything about our team ? dude these guys have been wrong about our team , our drafts since i have followed the sight . i give some creedence to the scouting of individual players but they are woefully out of touch about this team

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think that happens

Maybe not, but 3 were taken in the Top 12 last year and none were widely thought of as a Day 1 ready starter. Can’t quite remember, but I don’t believe Mahomes or Watson even graded out as a 1st rounder.

This class has the potential to be much much better, at least at the combine/on paper.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but 3 were taken in the Top 12 last year and none were widely thought of as a Day 1 ready starter. Can’t quite remember, but I don’t believe Mahomes or Watson even graded out as a 1st rounder.

This class has the potential to be much much better, at least at the combine/on paper.

and statistically 20 % will pan out as good as KC . hope we hit the right one

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roquan Smith next to Zach Brown wouldn't hurt my feelings. This kid........

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roquan Smith next to Zach Brown wouldn't hurt my feelings. This kid........
dude you wont get him if we are drafting qb. and letting KC walk means drafting a qb and signing a place holder

now if we aree smart and keep KC then you can talk

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it is worth Doc and BMitch gave Jackson a lot of credit. They said he adapted his game a lot from the previous year. Their comment was "he is coachable and willing to work"
Isn't that the obvious for every NFL hopeful QB? Thanks for the insight Doc & BMitch!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How coachable was Griffin? We gave up half a team for him. :trash: