• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that. I actually want no part of Bradford. Bridgewater.....maybe.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
137245.jpg

ESPN's Mel Kiper projected Wyoming QB Josh Allen to the Browns at No. 1 overall in his first mock draft of the season.

Kiper adds he has moved Allen up to his No. 1 quarterback in his rankings, saying Allen finished the season strongest among the group. More importantly, Kiper adds all of the quarterback prospects have warts, but he tends to side with Allen due to his high ceiling. This will change over the next few months, possibly 10 times. Thankfully next week's Senior Bowl will give us a few answers

Kiper on allen, "you have to look beyond the stats. Stats are for losers, in my opinion."

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up to fill the position of a guy we already have in the building who is borderline elite is ridiculous , with all the holes we have on defense would be a Redskin move. If Kirk is not even willing to discuss, I trade him to the highest bidder of his liking and take that pick, plus ours and go defense. Trade for Alex or sign whoever Minnesota lets go.

I would draft Allen, if there, over rolling with Bridgewater or Bradford.

What a mess.

I'm taking Bridgewater in that situation and by a large margin.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If cousins leaves...

I think there's a good chance Bridgewater is the best available option.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How coachable was Griffin? We gave up half a team for him. :trash:

By the time this story is retold a few years from now, this organization will have traded 11 HOF'ers from the same draft and done so after walking miles to and from the draft in ten feet of snow.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Browns taking Josh Allen I could be wrong but I'm hoping like hell the Redskins land him in the draft

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Bridgewater in that situation and by a large margin.

I don't want either guy but show me the large margin. That doesn't include coming off a serious injury.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time this story is retold a few years from now, this organization will have traded 11 HOF'ers from the same draft and done so after walking miles to and from the draft in ten feet of snow.

Correct, I put a little yeast in the story but otherwise where was I wrong?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, I put a little yeast in the story but otherwise where was I wrong?

Who said anything about wrong or wrong in particular with what you wrote?

However this story has already grown legs and by that I mean the wording. Right now, the prevailing storyline is that we traded away 3 first round and a second rounder in 2012. That line implies that there was no return, draft wise. What actually happened in terms of trading away picks is there were two firsts and a second lost in that draft, NOT as the wording implies 3 firsts and a second. Washington ACTUALLY had the number two pick in that draft. It's simple math.

They got 4 (three 1st's and a second)
We got.. 1 ( a 1st)

Now, we can all discount how things turned out but the pick was ours and Griffin had nothing to do with making that trade.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
English lesson? We gave up way too much for way too little and he wasn't coachable. He did have something do with it. There were a lot of things that went on behind the scenes that we almost never talk about. Dan and Griffin were buddies. Griffin complained about how he was used which was the only way he could be effective. After 4 more years he proved not to learn one thing and is out of the league. Those are facts and they are undisputable.

Griffin probably isn't the greatest bust ever at QB but he certainly is worst one in Washington, followed by Heath Shuler.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
English lesson? We gave up way too much for way too little and he wasn't coachable. He did have something do with it. There were a lot of things that went on behind the scenes that we almost never talk about. Dan and Griffin were buddies. Griffin complained about how he was used which was the only way he could be effective. After 4 more years he proved not to learn one thing and is out of the league. Those are facts and they are undisputable.

Griffin probably isn't the greatest bust ever at QB but he certainly is worst one in Washington, followed by Heath Shuler.

Schuler didn't take a coaching staff, three extra seasons and the soul of the fan base with him as he flamed out.

IM just saying. :trash:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If necessary!!...The rest of what you wrote, as I suspected, has everything to do with the aftermath, except the new thing, that Griffin was involved in making the trade for himself. Good to know he had such power, too bad he didn't use it to stay huh?
th

BTW: Norm Snead was the worse in Washington history, his story is remarkably and eerily similar to Griffin's. Second pick in the entire draft, full of promise, passing on Fran Tarkenton, near zero in return and NOT a Bruce Allen around who had sense enough to figure out a way to get value out of the errant pick. (Sonny Jurgensen)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schuler didn't take a coaching staff, three extra seasons and the soul of the fan base with him as he flamed out.

IM just saying. :trash:

Neither did Griffin, I'm just saying!:trash:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Griffin, I'm just saying!:trash:

Did Schuler get Norv Turner fired?? Nope

Did we burn three extra seasons trying to make it work with Schuler once it was apparent he wasn't an NFL QB?? Nope.

When the team moved on from Schuler, did we have a portion of the fan base in mourning and showing out right hate against the guy who replaced him. For no other reason than the fact that he replaced Schuler?? Double nope.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hard to let go of 2012. It really was. Took me a while, but there is a small portion of the fanbase that still hasn't. It was fun, it was special, it was the last season I got to watch football with my late father. We really thought we had something.

RG refused to do what he was great at and insisted on doing the things he sucked at. I just hope Dan and Bruce have done what I had to do........let go.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Schuler get Norv Turner fired?? Nope

Did we burn three extra seasons trying to make it work with Schuler once it was apparent he wasn't an NFL QB?? Nope.

When the team moved on from Schuler, did we have a portion of the fan base in mourning and showing out right hate against the guy who replaced him. For no other reason than the fact that he replaced Schuler?? Double nope.

Neither did Griffin get Shanahan fired, he did that to himself., fuckin' nut-less coward!!

Of course the way you want to see it, Griffin all by himself decided that he was ready to start in the NFl, He forced the team to not only start him but according to @Sportster 72, make the trade that landed him here. All nonsense of course!

And here's something that you haven't factored into your " I can't let Griffin go" obsession. Maybe that fathom fan base that you refer to, agreed with me and their disappointment ( you say mourning) had everything to do with Griffin's mismanagement. Dude literally had no chance to consistently succeed without a gimmick offense and that lasted all of one season.

Tell you what, refute this with good sustainable debate points and I'll agree with your failed notions about him forever, ready?

Beyond the money he made, how was/is D.C's NFL football player Griffin different than College football player Griffin at any point leading up to today 1/18/2018? Answering that he was not coachable won't work because it was not his fault that there were no adults and or professionals around him.

BTW: Hate is an awfully strong word for a guy that was as flawed as Kirk was when he took over for Bob. No confidence seems more apt. Remember how there was great love for Kirk when this happened?

Kirk Cousins benched, Colt McCoy will start until RG3 is ...
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/20/kirk-cousins-benched-colt...

Yeah folks really hated the guy, as great as he was, that replaced the savior (your title), yet got benched, for Colt McCoy. Maybe what you interpret as "hate" resulting from his replacing the "Savior" was actually caused by extremely poor play by that replacement.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If necessary!!...The rest of what you wrote, as I suspected, has everything to do with the aftermath, except the new thing, that Griffin was involved in making the trade for himself. Good to know he had such power, too bad he didn't use it to stay huh?
th

BTW: Norm Snead was the worse in Washington history, his story is remarkably and eerily similar to Griffin's. Second pick in the entire draft, full of promise, passing on Fran Tarkenton, near zero in return and NOT a Bruce Allen around who had sense enough to figure out a way to get value out of the errant pick. (Sonny Jurgensen)

Norm Snead netted Sonny Jurgensen, not even close. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Griffin get Shanahan fired, he did that to himself., fuckin' nut-less coward!!

Of course the way you want to see it, Griffin all by himself decided that he was ready to start in the NFl, He forced the team to not only start him but according to @Sportster 72, make the trade that landed him here. All nonsense of course!

And here's something that you haven't factored into your " I can't let Griffin go" obsession. Maybe that fathom fan base that you refer to, agreed with me and their disappointment ( you say mourning) had everything to do with Griffin's mismanagement. Dude literally had no chance to consistently succeed without a gimmick offense and that lasted all of one season.

Tell you what, refute this with good sustainable debate points and I'll agree with your failed notions about him forever, ready?

Beyond the money he made, how was/is D.C's NFL football player Griffin different than College football player Griffin at any point leading up to today 1/18/2018? Answering that he was not coachable won't work because it was not his fault that there were no adults and or professionals around him.

BTW: Hate is an awfully strong word for a guy that was as flawed as Kirk was when he took over for Bob. No confidence seems more apt. Remember how there was great love for Kirk when this happened?

Kirk Cousins benched, Colt McCoy will start until RG3 is ...
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/20/kirk-cousins-benched-colt...

Yeah folks really hated the guy, as great as he was, that replaced the savior (your title), yet got benched, for Colt McCoy. Maybe what you interpret as "hate" resulting from his replacing the "Savior" was actually caused by extremely poor play by that replacement.

Whoa, whoa, whoa .... I never said Griffin engineered the trade. Clearly your posts look like you are still butt hurt over what happened and as many assumed part of your reason for not liking Cousin's. You argument holds no water because Cousin's was able to use the same FO person into becoming a top QB in the NFL.

Just for the record shark and I predicted the trade up to get Griffin to be a mistake. It was the reason when I walked out of a restaurant in Occoquan and saw Cousin's was drafted I pumped my fist. I knew the Shanahan's were hedging the draft of Griffin. They were right.

Proof is in the pudding Sty whether you want to admit it or not.

Last edited: