• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the passing game which i specifically mentioned twice mentioned ., in the bowl game he did that all game long

again i have said 900000000000000000000000000000000x i dont want allen

Ehhh he also made multiple reads in the bowl game. Aside from the last one his ints weren't due to bad decisions. The first 2 were just inaccurate throws which I've been saying all along has been his biggest concern.

I know you don't want Allen. I don't want Jackson either. But reality is they might end up our QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh he also made multiple reads in the bowl game. Aside from the last one his ints weren't due to bad decisions. The first 2 were just inaccurate throws which I've been saying all along has been his biggest concern.

I know you don't want Allen. I don't want Jackson either. But reality is they might end up our QB.

Come on man, you have spent countless posts explaining how Jackson is a QB, and a good one at that. In most of those posts you have also explained how Allen is simply as bad QB.

And yet you actually dont want us to take Jackson?? Trying the old Jedi Mind trick??

latest

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, you have spent countless posts explaining how Jackson is a QB, and a good one at that. In most of those posts you have also explained how Allen is simply as bad QB.

And yet you actually dont want us to take Jackson?? Trying the old Jedi Mind trick??

latest

I want us to keep cousins. I've been saying that for 2 and a half years. If cousins leave then I'll figure out where to go from there but I'm not worrying about it right now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both would be wise to play another year in school.

If that happens who is ehb's Allen next year. :D Just teasing buddy. :ninja:

I think both would be foolish to stay in school, especially Jackson.

Jackson runs too much to risk passing up millions of dollars just to stay in school and make about a million more. Hell, he even loses money on second contracts if he succeeds.

Darnold is a top three pick at worst based on the hype...why should he go back?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any quotes of people saying that?

I don't think Vick sucked but he wasn't great. Super inconsistent at least. Don't think it really matters though. Vick being his comp doesn't mean he's destined for the same career as Vick.

One of the big problems for Rosen entering his junior year is that he has developed a reputation for having poor intangibles as a bad teammate and leader. Football is an emotional game, and NFL teams want their quarterbacks to be positive team leaders. Whether it is a vocal leader or a quiet lead-by-example type, NFL evaluators and coaches want the quarterback to be a player who teammates gravitate toward with the ability to lead his team in crunch time. Rosen is said to be disliked in the Bruins' locker room, and it sounds like he needs a personality make-over. A scout who has done advance work on the 2018 NFL Draft had this to say about Rosen:

1. "Right now I have them rated [Sam] Darnold, [Josh] Allen, [Lamar] Jackson, and then Rosen....Rosen has huge talent and lacks intangibles. He is a prototypical pocket guy. I love his talent, but his own teammates don't like him. Being a prick is one thing, but there aren't many quarterbacks who stick around long-term and are successful that couldn't get along well with their teammates."

There are tons of articles about this. There is even stuff about his HS coach not liking him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big problems for Rosen entering his junior year is that he has developed a reputation for having poor intangibles as a bad teammate and leader. Football is an emotional game, and NFL teams want their quarterbacks to be positive team leaders. Whether it is a vocal leader or a quiet lead-by-example type, NFL evaluators and coaches want the quarterback to be a player who teammates gravitate toward with the ability to lead his team in crunch time. Rosen is said to be disliked in the Bruins' locker room, and it sounds like he needs a personality make-over. A scout who has done advance work on the 2018 NFL Draft had this to say about Rosen:

1. "Right now I have them rated [Sam] Darnold, [Josh] Allen, [Lamar] Jackson, and then Rosen....Rosen has huge talent and lacks intangibles. He is a prototypical pocket guy. I love his talent, but his own teammates don't like him. Being a prick is one thing, but there aren't many quarterbacks who stick around long-term and are successful that couldn't get along well with their teammates."

There are tons of articles about this. There is even stuff about his HS coach not liking him.

Rosen sounds like the second best Dan Snyder QB in this draft. :ninja:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I've heard that but it kinda stinks of BS. I'm at least fairly skeptical of that. Not to mention any time I've actually heard him talk he seems extremely likeable and intelligent.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I've heard that but it kinda stinks of BS. I'm at least fairly skeptical of that. Not to mention any time I've actually heard him talk he seems extremely likeable and intelligent.

Plenty of guys have sounded likeable and intelligent. Didnt stop them from being a two legged douche once they were drafted.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am skeptical too but I don’t dismiss it. There is also a reason these statements exist.

I love the fact he goes against the status quo. He does seem thoughtful and intelligent. That doesn’t make him likable from that perspective.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of guys have sounded likeable and intelligent. Didnt stop them from being a two legged douche once they were drafted.

Oh for sure. Im not saying he IS a great guy, just that Im skeptical hes what some reports are painting him as.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. Im not saying he IS a great guy, just that Im skeptical hes what some reports are painting him as.

IM actually way more skeptical of the kids who have been tagged as uber talented, sure fire first rounders. Good and wholesome and every one from their first grade teacher to the pope loves them. Most of these guys have image coaches, their college coaches will never tell what they are really like, because they want to be seen as this great molder of talent.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody says its a great qb class i been saying it since last july everybody called me dumb im so underrated anyways this is the greatest qb class ever some bar none

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody says its a great qb class i been saying it since last july everybody called me dumb im so underrated anyways this is the greatest qb class ever some bar none
i dont think so

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope we can sign KC to a cap friendly contract but not holding my breath on it. Picking who is going to be a good QB and who will fail is all a guess. We have seen every year where the so called experts no not @deanpet21 but actual guys fail at figuring it out. Then in the 2-4th round a QB actually ends of being a stud. The only guarantee on QB is who ever the Browns or Jets select then those 2 won’t make it in the NFL. So pissed we finally found ourself a franchise QB with a great completion rating and we can’t sign him.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL on predicting this before any have taken a snap.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its 3 pm 1/20 /18 may the scouting begin . once this thread is done i will move it to the draft thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of Penn State the WR Hamilton set a number of records there but I don't think he is as good as Godwin who went to Tampa last year.

Haley (CB), Cabinda (ILB), and the two Cothrens. All good players I think all are mid to late round at best. Then too I am not a scout and don't follow this stuff as a lot of you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of Penn State the WR Hamilton set a number of records there but I don't think he is as good as Godwin who went to Tampa last year.

Haley (CB), Cabinda (ILB), and the two Cothrens. All good players I think all are mid to late round at best. Then too I am not a scout and don't follow this stuff as a lot of you.

the skins have drafted guys from this game morris was one guy as was long i think