• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some film work on Lamar Jackson for anyone interested

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love for this to happen. If Allen could fall to use because of injury concerns so could another Bama player.

Walter Football

13. Washington Redskins: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
Alabama_logo.gif

The Redskins' top needs are a quarterback - unless Kirk Cousins is willing to sign an extension, which is unlikely -, defensive front-seven talent, and a safety. Of those needs, adding a quarterback is the most critical issue to address, but all of the quarterbacks are gone. Thus, Washington grabs an upgrade to the back end.

Fitzpatrick has 55 tackles, one interception, eight passes broken up and a forced fumble in 2017. He has played really well, doing everything that could be asked of a safety. Fitzpatrick is a superb center fielder, covering receivers deep downfield. He is also fast in pursuit, tackles well in space at the second level, can come down into the box, and is able to play man coverage against tight ends and slot receivers, plus help out his cornerbacks. The 6-foot-1, 203-pounder has excellent size and some natural cover skills. Sources have said that Fitzpatrick is a prototypical free safety for the NFL. They say he has good size, speed, athletic ability and high football I.Q. in a play-maker.

In 2016, Fitzpatrick recorded 66 tackles with seven passes broken up and six interceptions. He was dominant at times for Alabama, splitting time between corner and safety. Fitzpatrick had a superb 2015 season for the Crimson Tide. The freshman totaled 45 tackles with two sacks, 11 passes broken up and two interceptions - both returned for a touchdowns.

Read more: WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Mock Draft

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good game and so is the Senior Bowl for fringe players to get some time with coaches and one more chance to show their skills. The Shanahan's coached the Senior Bowl Cousin's was in. Wilson was in that one too. The best QBs from that draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love for this to happen. If Allen could fall to use because of injury concerns so could another Bama player.

Walter Football

13. Washington Redskins: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
Alabama_logo.gif

The Redskins' top needs are a quarterback - unless Kirk Cousins is willing to sign an extension, which is unlikely -, defensive front-seven talent, and a safety. Of those needs, adding a quarterback is the most critical issue to address, but all of the quarterbacks are gone. Thus, Washington grabs an upgrade to the back end.

Fitzpatrick has 55 tackles, one interception, eight passes broken up and a forced fumble in 2017. He has played really well, doing everything that could be asked of a safety. Fitzpatrick is a superb center fielder, covering receivers deep downfield. He is also fast in pursuit, tackles well in space at the second level, can come down into the box, and is able to play man coverage against tight ends and slot receivers, plus help out his cornerbacks. The 6-foot-1, 203-pounder has excellent size and some natural cover skills. Sources have said that Fitzpatrick is a prototypical free safety for the NFL. They say he has good size, speed, athletic ability and high football I.Q. in a play-maker.

In 2016, Fitzpatrick recorded 66 tackles with seven passes broken up and six interceptions. He was dominant at times for Alabama, splitting time between corner and safety. Fitzpatrick had a superb 2015 season for the Crimson Tide. The freshman totaled 45 tackles with two sacks, 11 passes broken up and two interceptions - both returned for a touchdowns.

Read more: WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Mock Draft

not a bad pick there however with no qb i cant see it happening

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good game and so is the Senior Bowl for fringe players to get some time with coaches and one more chance to show their skills. The Shanahan's coached the Senior Bowl Cousin's was in. Wilson was in that one too. The best QBs from that draft.
the shrine game is for your mid round type guys or lower . its worth looking at from a "scouting " eye POV . i dont think they televise the practices like they do with the sr bowl though

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad pick there however with no qb i cant see it happening

When 5 QBs with in 12 picks are taken it’s impossible for us to take a QB.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of Penn State the WR Hamilton set a number of records there but I don't think he is as good as Godwin who went to Tampa last year.

Haley (CB), Cabinda (ILB), and the two Cothrens. All good players I think all are mid to late round at best. Then too I am not a scout and don't follow this stuff as a lot of you.

Fully agree. Godwin even trained with Megatron and was a lot better then Hamilton IMO. Stats aren’t the biggest thing to judge on since the leading rusher at PSU is Royster and not Barkley. Of course it’s all who stays the most years normally has higher stats. In 3 seasons (2 full) Barkley almost became the leading rusher. So wish he could be a Redskin. Hate rooting for PSU guys on other teams especially if he lands as giant but I will because love the Nittany Lions a ton.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are the cothans from penn state twins???

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the east will kill the west that west roster is shit

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think that happens

I’m just relaying what the reliable Walter football predicts. I can see 4 QBs going before we select which would leave us in a big jam if KC bolts. However if one of the teams ahead of us signs KC then that frees up a QB in the draft.

Dad what’s your guess on KC? Will he be with Skins or other team in 2018?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lamb is a full time ILB who plays qb as well , perhaps 1/4 of the game on avg and not just running

I know, just kidding because of the many times folks have said that Cam is built like a Linebacker.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some film work on Lamar Jackson for anyone interested

This thread points out a lot of the things I've been saying. He does a lot of things you wanna see from a QB really well. His biggest flaw is inaccuracy and standing with too narrow a base in the pocket which are likely related.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it is worth Doc and BMitch gave Jackson a lot of credit. They said he adapted his game a lot from the previous year. Their comment was "he is coachable and willing to work"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just relaying what the reliable Walter football predicts. I can see 4 QBs going before we select which would leave us in a big jam if KC bolts. However if one of the teams ahead of us signs KC then that frees up a QB in the draft.

Dad what’s your guess on KC? Will he be with Skins or other team in 2018?

i believe you are BS'ing about walter football . these evaluations will change things a lot

the smart thing to do is resign KC and keep moving the operation forward . i think there is about a 40% chance of that

i say there is a 60% chance he is allowed to walk

there will be a ton of excuses (none backed up by facts ) we have plenty of cap space , we have plenty of draft picks but the underlying thing is he doesnt have the "wow" factor the FO wants

i believe that the number 5 qb on the list has as good a chance of making it as anyone else but the stats show that only about 1 in 5 qbs drafted in the first round will ever be as good as KC is right now

trading for alex smith gives you a 2 year stop gap , bradford , keenum , bridgewater are all stop gaps and lesser qbs then what we have now

my issue with all this is we will be diverting resources that can be used to address other problems to fix a position we should already have had in place

my next issue is how do you plan for next year with this albatross (self inflicted mind you ) hanging over us ?

right now the team has progressed from 3-4 win laughing stock to a team that is in the middle of the pack ready to make the next big jump . starting over at qb stunts that growth

sure can bradford and the others offer you fools gold and win 10 games next year but when you have gutted your next 2 drafts and overpaid for the bridge at qb then you have an issue

if we keep KC here next season and beyond i think with good health you will start to see playoff births being strung together . if not then the cowboys and eagles will ascend to the top for at least the next half decade with us being in the cellar for most of the time till our savior is ready to first play , second take command , and third actually lead us

we should keep and value our draft picks , sign only free agents 28 or below and keep building the LOS on both sides (mostly defense ) . losing are qb puts that in jeopardy