• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha do I have one every year?

Honestly I don't think I'm as high on Jackson as it probably seems like I am, I just think there's a lot of lazy criticism of him.

I dont think he was implying that you have a yearly mancrush.

That would be another poster.

Correct me if Im wrong @Sportster 72 but I think what he was implying was that Jackson is this years national media man crush. They guy that everyone cant stop raving about. The game changer of the week.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he was implying that you have a yearly mancrush.

That would be another poster.

Correct me if Im wrong @Sportster 72 but I think what he was implying was that Jackson is this years national media man crush. They guy that everyone cant stop raving about. The game changer of the week.

I may have misread him but I don't see Jackson as the media man crust. Some love him but overall? Getting verrrry overlooked by the national media for the draft.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have misread him but I don't see Jackson as the media man crust. Some love him but overall? Getting verrrry overlooked by the national media for the draft.

Give it time. Hype season for the draft starts, right around Pro Bowl week.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By draft time, he will have some one (probably a few some ones) proclaiming he is a dynamic game changing QB with the "potential" to redefine the QB position as we know it.

Book it. *

* Copy right mention for @coach_spurrier_1

I mean sure, but there will probably also be some dumbass saying he's a WR not a QB. All the top QBs will have SOMEBODY saying they're the next big thing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean sure, but there will probably also be some dumbass saying he's a WR not a QB. All the top QBs will have SOMEBODY saying they're the next big thing.

True... and I admit I MIGHT be to harsh on him as a player. but thats simply because I see

904f2a5e231f89bc2033c3b73ff5948c-original.jpg

+
200px-Daniel_Snyder.jpg
=
giphy.gif

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... certainly possible lol

Probable.

Aside from Bruce Allen himself.. the worst thing for this team is a player Dan could develop a buddy relationship with. And you got to admit, Jackson has all kinds of arm candy potential for an owner like Dan.

The reason why Lavar Arrington never reached his true potential in my opinion was his favored status in Dan Snyders world.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probable.

Aside from Bruce Allen himself.. the worst thing for this team is a player Dan could develop a buddy relationship with. And you got to admit, Jackson has all kinds of arm candy potential for an owner like Dan.

The reason why Lavar Arrington never reached his true potential in my opinion was his favored status in Dan Snyders world.

I get that but that's basically saying we're better off without a star QB. If that's the case let's just all give up now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but that's basically saying we're better off without a star QB. If that's the case let's just all give up now.

We are better off with a good QB that doesnt have the mega star appeal Dan wants for sure. Any place else sure. In DC, the mega watt QB is a design for disaster. Kinda why I would be OK with Allen. Because he has the raw tools, but I dont expect him to have a Subways commercial before he is even drafted.

Bottom line, I think Dan and Bruce are going to pick a talented QB prospect.. for all the wrong reasons, and once again damage the team and the player in the process.

Side note... the greatest of all time didnt come in with all the fan fair. The second greatest of all time wasnt a media darling either. We need a Manning, Brady, Luck type. The guy Dan goes after will likely be a bit more of the media darling, and I think thats a bad idea.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are better off with a good QB that doesnt have the mega star appeal Dan wants for sure. Any place else sure. In DC, the mega watt QB is a design for disaster. Kinda why I would be OK with Allen. Because he has the raw tools, but I dont expect him to have a Subways commercial before he is even drafted.

Bottom line, I think Dan and Bruce are going to pick a talented QB prospect.. for all the wrong reasons, and once again damage the team and the player in the process.

Side note... the greatest of all time didnt come in with all the fan fair. The second greatest of all time wasnt a media darling either. We need a Manning, Brady, Luck type. The guy Dan goes after will likely be a bit more of the media darling, and I think thats a bad idea.

I mean... they're both high upside high risk prospects.

What we need is the best QB we can get...I hate the idea of actively drafting a worse prospect because we're afraid of our owner.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... they're both high upside high risk prospects.

What we need is the best QB we can get...I hate the idea of actively drafting a worse prospect because we're afraid of our owner.

I hate the idea of drafting a QB period. But I also wont ignore our owners past behaviors and think.. well maybe he has changed. Jackson is a bad idea for this team for a multitude of reasons in my opinion. Even if he is sitting there when we pick, to me he represents a continuation of chasing elite.

At some point we need to break that cycle.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the idea of drafting a QB period. But I also wont ignore our owners past behaviors and think.. well maybe he has changed. Jackson is a bad idea for this team for a multitude of reasons in my opinion. Even if he is sitting there when we pick, to me he represents a continuation of chasing elite.

At some point we need to break that cycle.

I mean Allen is also an attempt to chase elite... he's just a worse prospect.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Allen is also an attempt to chase elite... he's just a worse prospect.

He is a less dynamic prospect. But looking at both of them from a slightly more objective position ( because I really dont want either of them), I think Jackson's game is predicated on teams fear of him running. He is marginally a better passer. So unless we are going to feed a bit more of the designed read option into our playbook.. Allen might actually be a better fit for this team. At least on the field that is.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a less dynamic prospect. But looking at both of them from a slightly more objective position ( because I really dont want either of them), I think Jackson's game is predicated on teams fear of him running. He is marginally a better passer. So unless we are going to feed a bit more of the designed read option into our playbook.. Allen might actually be a better fit for this team. At least on the field that is.

I disagree (shocking I know). I dont think Allen does anything better than Jackson so I don't see how he'd be a better fit.

Of course to be fair I've watched 6 Jackson games in the last 2 days and 0 Allen games in full so opinions may change but we'll see.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree (shocking I know). I dont think Allen does anything better than Jackson so I don't see how he'd be a better fit.

Of course to be fair I've watched 6 Jackson games in the last 2 days and 0 Allen games in full so opinions may change but we'll see.

Where did I say Allen was better?? I expressly said Jackson is marginally a better passer. But then again his game is predicated off of teams fearing his running ability. So like most running QBs, teams tend to play tight against the run, in which case Jackson likely has a few more wide open WRs to throw to because teams are not prone to play zone against him. this seems to be a trend with QBs that have a tendency to run.

Allen on the other hand is a more traditional pocket passer, so I would wager he does see a bit tighter coverage.

Right now Jackson does seem to be the better prospect, but having had a running QB in DC, I wonder how much of his success is based on teams fearing his run ability. And if you cut back on that, can he really thrive??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have looked at both and Allen is more pro ready . It doesn’t mean better . We have seen Watson for only a short period and he got hurt he may never get back all the way and it was a small sample size .dak was thought to be all world but he came down to earth : Jackson ‘s best skill is running and that my friends will always be the issue until he developes as a passér and can read pro defense or simply receive a conventional snap .

Jackson doesn’t fit what we do , that doesnt mean he isn’t good but doesnt fit our scheme . I am against drafting a qb . We have one , we should be looking at filling another need not creating a new one