• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

But I dont feel like thats who Mayfield is.

Seems to be well liked and respected by teammates.

Every QB is well liked and respected when the team is winning.

Im fine if a QB thinks its all about him privately. But when the team wins, it should be about the team.. not just him. When the team loses, he should shoulder the blame, not point fingers.

IM old school that way.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB is well liked and respected when the team is winning.

Im fine if a QB thinks its all about him privately. But when the team wins, it should be about the team.. not just him. When the team loses, he should shoulder the blame, not point fingers.

IM old school that way.

Ive got no problem with any of that. Just dont think we can say that Mayfield would be a problem in that department. As far as we know any of those QBs may or may not be problems with that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive got no problem with any of that. Just dont think we can say that Mayfield would be a problem in that department. As far as we know any of those QBs may or may not be problems with that.

Agreed. But as I have stated, I dont think Mayfield has that factor Dan and Bruce will want. So he isnt even a blip on the radar as far as Im concerned.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea as much as we make fun of the cult of colt (and it was out of control for sure)...I also am surprised he never got a real shot. Its not like we've been trotting out Joe Montana back there lol.

Although I guess the fact that he never caught on anywhere likely says we didnt miss out on anything.

You mean Colt Brennan? If so, too injury prone. Once he got hurt the first time. The hits just kept on coming.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Colt Brennan? If so, too injury prone. Once he got hurt the first time. The hits just kept on coming.

Just say no to the Colts. :D

Colt_45_Malt_Liquor_logo.jpg

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question should be, do we really want another its all about me and respect my game bitches QB in DC?? :trash:

Sure, if he can handle it being all about hi9m and his game is worthy of respect.
Just say no to the Colts. :D

Colt_45_Malt_Liquor_logo.jpg

When I partook in libations. I preferred riding bulls over colts.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of Hurricane. About the wildest shit I've drank far as malt liquor goes was probably Crazy Horse. That shit would put you on one for sure.

malt.jpg

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True I had forgotten he got a hurt a bunch of times.

Something about guys named Colt.

Talented... maybe
Exciting.. usually
Durable.... Like a Ford Explorer (aka Exploder)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess? I think the coach shouldnt give a crap what people in the media think.

Not to mention I think plenty of people thought it was pretty laughable he was suspended *raises hand*

It goes back to being there is more to the game than the actual game. As a collegiate, you are representing your school. There is far more to it than simply Xs and Os.

In the NFL, you represent your team. The owner,having the luxury of owning the team, gets to decide how he wants his team represented.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His antics are just immature and unprofessional. That is what scares me.

The kid from Oklahoma? What did he do exactly? I can't front. Oklahoma QBs look pretty awesome while at Oklahoma. Its when they get to the pros that their issues seem to pop up with the chief issue often times being injury.

Note: I gotta say I'm basing a lot of what I just said on what I've seen from Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford. If its inaccurate or flat out wrong, let a brotha know.

Rosen has an issue of interceptions or should be interceptions. I think he could be good though. Another question with him is leadership.

Rosen is another cat who can wander off the reservation with his thoughts/comments/opinions. He shocked a lotta peeps when he said school and football don't mix. He was also photographed playing golf at a Donald Trump golf course wearing a 'Fuck Trump' baseball cap.

Rosen says football and school 'don't go together'

Opinions about Rosen are all over the place. Rosen says football and school 'don't go together' From most gifted QB to hit the college scene since Elway. To doesn't love the game enough and will be doing other things in 4 years.

Given the latest fiasco with Sua Cravens and Robert Griffin's implosion of a couple years ago. That last bit alone might be enough for the Skins to stay away from Rosen. The last thing we need is another high end, first round drafted QB who's no longer wearing a Redskins uni 4 years or so into his pro career.

Lamar Jackson is just an incredible athlete. With that comes natural questions of the NFL transition.

The talk about this kid Jackson seems to cover a wide spectrum as well. I've read that he's absolutely lit up combine sessions, being the most accurate QB participating throwing-wise. He also seems to have all the talent in the world and that's what kinda scares me about him. Its possible he's never stepped on a football field where he wasn't the fastest, most physically gifted player on the field. We don't need another QB who's during his entire football career might've been told, 'If you don't see anyone open after you drop back, run it'. Is Lamar Jackson that kid, I dunno.

Sam Darnold is the most overrated prospect I have seen since Ryan Leaf.

I know you're not talking attitude/maturity-wise, but damn G. That's still cold comparing Darnold to Leaf. Darnold has skills for real. As always the case. USC was rated too high and had too many expectations. I ike Darnold. I don't know if I like him enough to use a top 5-10 pick on him particularly if the plan is to start him immediately.

Josh Allen...WTF is he doing so highly rated?

Don't know who this is.

TBH, I like Mayfield, Thorson, and Falk better than the guys above them.

I don't know the last two and Mayfield is the kid I was asking about at the top of my post.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid from Oklahoma? What did he do exactly? I can't front. Oklahoma QBs look pretty awesome while at Oklahoma. Its when they get to the pros that their issues seem to pop up with the chief issue often times being injury.

Note: I gotta say I'm basing a lot of what I just said on what I've seen from Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford. If its inaccurate or flat out wrong, let a brotha know.

Rosen is another cat who can wander off the reservation with his thoughts/comments/opinions. He shocked a lotta peeps when he said school and football don't mix. He was also photographed playing golf at a Donald Trump golf course wearing a 'Fuck Trump' baseball cap.

Opinions about Rosen are all over the place. Rosen says football and school 'don't go together' From most gifted QB to hit the college scene since Elway. To doesn't love the game enough and will be doing other things in 4 years.

Given the latest fiasco with Sua Cravens and Robert Griffin's implosion of a couple years ago. That last bit alone might be enough for the Skins to stay away from Rosen. The last thing we need is another high end, first round drafted QB who's no longer wearing a Redskins uni 4 years or so into his pro career.

The talk about this kid Jackson seems to cover a wide spectrum as well. I've read that he's absolutely lit up combine sessions, being the most accurate QB participating throwing-wise. He also seems to have all the talent in the world and that's what kinda scares me about him. Its possible he's never stepped on a football field where he wasn't the fastest, most physically gifted player on the field. We don't need another QB who's during his entire football career might've been told, 'If you don't see anyone open after you drop back, run it'. Is Lamar Jackson that kid, I dunno.

I know you're not talking attitude/maturity-wise, but damn G. That's still cold comparing Darnold to Leaf. Darnold has skills for real. As always the case. USC was rated too high and had too many expectations. I ike Darnold. I don't know if I like him enough to use a top 5-10 pick on him particularly if the plan is to start him immediately.

Don't know who this is.

I don't know the last two and Mayfield is the kid I was asking about at the top of my post.

Baker Mayfield, this article covers all his big issues of immaturity and being an entitled shit. Remember, I have been hyping him all season thus the love/hate.
https://nypost.com/2017/12/01/video-of-baker-mayfield-drilling-tcu-foe-in-the-head-is-back/

The first was his run in with the law where he tried to run from the cops before being tackled and crying.

Then there was the Jayhawks crotch grab and expletives because their captain didn’t shake his hand.

Followed up by the on purpose throw at a player from TCU where he bullets the ball at his head. Personally, I think Mayfield should have just got his ass whipped.

Yeah...hell no to Rosen. If you don’t want to play football, don’t.

Yeah, Jackson hits very close to home but may be a better player. The problem is speed dissipates and can he play the position without wheels?

I just haven’t been impressed with Darnold, and let’s be honest, just like OU is known for injuries, USC is known for NFL overrated flops. Maybe the Leaf comparison isn’t fair but my comparison was simply on being overrated.

Nobody should know who Josh Allen is. He goes to Wyoming I think it was and has the first five minutes of stats Lamar Jackson has except his completion percentage is 50%. They say it is because his OL sucks but how do we know? Seriously, just because he is big and hyped we should think it is his OL?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker Mayfield, this article covers all his big issues of immaturity and being an entitled shit. Remember, I have been hyping him all season thus the love/hate.
https://nypost.com/2017/12/01/video-of-baker-mayfield-drilling-tcu-foe-in-the-head-is-back/

The first was his run in with the law where he tried to run from the cops before being tackled and crying.

Then there was the Jayhawks crotch grab and expletives because their captain didn’t shake his hand.

Followed up by the on purpose throw at a player from TCU where he bullets the ball at his head. Personally, I think Mayfield should have just got his ass whipped.

Yeah, Jackson hits very close to home but may be a better player. The problem is speed dissipates and can he play the position without wheels?

I just haven’t been impressed with Darnold, and let’s be honest, just like OU is known for injuries, USC is known for NFL overrated flops. Maybe the Leaf comparison isn’t fair but my comparison was simply on being overrated.

Nobody should know who Josh Allen is. He goes to Wyoming I think it was and has the first five minutes of stats Lamar Jackson has except his completion percentage is 50%. They say it is because his OL sucks but how do we know? Seriously, just because he is big and hyped we should think it is his OL?

You just made me SO want to ditch Kirk and draft one of these guys. :suds:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. Mayfield is an ass0. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't really care. A Redskins draft is not a normal circumstance though. We'll see what I guess. I'm still holding out hope Snyder/Allen and Kirk/his agent find enough common ground to get a deal done.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Mayfield is an ass0. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't really care. A Redskins draft is not a normal circumstance though. We'll see what I guess. I'm still holding out hope Snyder/Allen and Kirk/his agent find enough common ground to get a deal done.

/Begin Sarcasm

Nah Breed, boy is just misunderstood. He is highly talented (ok that part might be true), And he will likely be there for the taking when we draft. By taking him, we save a bazillion in cap space that we can use to fix the D-line, WR and waterboy positions. Mayfield has the ability to become Elite, which Cousins will never be. So even if he is a dick.. a real DICK... he is better for us than Cousins will ever be.

/End Sarcasm

Added disclaimer.. said sarcasm was not directed @Breed but at the situation in general.

Only the Redskins could have a QB performing in the upper levels of QB performance and even be considering drafting a QB instead.

Last edited:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes back to being there is more to the game than the actual game. As a collegiate, you are representing your school. There is far more to it than simply Xs and Os.

In the NFL, you represent your team. The owner,having the luxury of owning the team, gets to decide how he wants his team represented.

Of course theres more to the game. Doesnt mean people werent freaking out about a nothingburger though.

And of course the owner can decide how he wants his team represented. But owners who get upset over stuff like that or who arent sure if they want 24 year old superstars on their team because theyre divas are dumb.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know who this is.

The bolded is just one big huge nothingburger. If anything Rosen sounds pretty smart lol.

As for Jackson...whats wrong with "nobodys open...run it"? Thats a good thing IMO. He opens up a whole other dimension of the offense. I think the only worry is you get your franchise hurt but there are ways to be smart about that. And the upside is well worth a little risk IMO.