• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I hate Baker Mayfield, but I love him too. I see a star in the making but wonder if his antics will kill him.

If we let KC go, this is my guy but I am scared to death to use a first on him.

i dont think he is manzel , the other guys look to me as KC types that wont improve much . yes the y are cheaper but they arent what the haters want in a QB

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he is manzel , the other guys look to me as KC types that wont improve much . yes the y are cheaper but they arent what the haters want in a QB

His antics are just immature and unprofessional. That is what scares me.

Rosen has an issue of interceptions or should be interceptions. I think he could be good though. Another question with him is leadership.

Lamar Jackson is just an incredible athlete. With that comes natural questions of the NFL transition.

Sam Darnold is the most overrated prospect I have seen since Ryan Leaf.

Josh Allen...WTF is he doing so highly rated?

TBH, I like Mayfield, Thorson, and Falk better than the guys above them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rosen has an issue of interceptions or should be interceptions. I think he could be good though. Another question with him is leadership.

Lamar Jackson is just an incredible athlete. With that comes natural questions of the NFL transition.

he is a kid , to draft him you will have to study him hard

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Mayfield. I don't expect he will be a Redskin and never have. The kid is a winner. Three conference championships. No moment has been too big for him. He is accurate. He throws a great deep ball, moves well in the pocket. I think he will be a success at the next level although many scouts disagree.

I found it interesting that someone I largely respect called him Johnny Manziel. I did not ask for an explanation. Maybe that person meant he would fail like Johnny. That is possible. Hopefully it didn't mean he was too immature. Personally where I grew up if you didn't want to shake my hand before the game and I just whooped your ass I might well shake my nuts at you too. You certainly can't see this on the same level as a guy who was championed of disserving a break after stone cold knocking a woman out. I prefer to think you just don't think he will succeed in the NFL. :noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will be coming out with a mock draft here real soon , yes its waaaaaaaay to early but i want to get a feel for whats out there

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a strong possibility if KC leaves.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayfield...maybe. But do we care that he gets fired up at games and at his opponents? Id argue we should prefer that in a QB (or any player). I dont know much about any actual off field issues or lack thereof though.

Rosen seems like the best option if you want a typical QB. Havent seen a ton but have seen and heard some good things.

Lamar Jackson...incredible athlete yes but not JUST an incredible athlete. Thats selling him well short.

Darnold...I kind of agree. Seems like he makes some poor decisions. Wont rule him out but Im not excited.

Josh Allen...lol. Yea idk. That one makes NO sense to me. Like shouldnt he at least be a decent player at WYOMING before we give him the keys to an NFL franchise??

Thorson and Falk Im not too familiar with at all.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Mayfield. I don't expect he will be a Redskin and never have. The kid is a winner. Three conference championships. No moment has been too big for him. He is accurate. He throws a great deep ball, moves well in the pocket. I think he will be a success at the next level although many scouts disagree.

I found it interesting that someone I largely respect called him Johnny Manziel. I did not ask for an explanation. Maybe that person meant he would fail like Johnny. That is possible. Hopefully it didn't mean he was too immature. Personally where I grew up if you didn't want to shake my hand before the game and I just whooped your ass I might well shake my nuts at you too. You certainly can't see this on the same level as a guy who was championed of disserving a break after stone cold knocking a woman out. I prefer to think you just don't think he will succeed in the NFL. :noidea:

This. I dont get how thats supposed to be a BAD thing.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too honestly. I still don't understand why we didn't give him an actual shot in an actual game.

Yea as much as we make fun of the cult of colt (and it was out of control for sure)...I also am surprised he never got a real shot. Its not like we've been trotting out Joe Montana back there lol.

Although I guess the fact that he never caught on anywhere likely says we didnt miss out on anything.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea as much as we make fun of the cult of colt (and it was out of control for sure)...I also am surprised he never got a real shot. Its not like we've been trotting out Joe Montana back there lol.

Although I guess the fact that he never caught on anywhere likely says we didnt miss out on anything.

Imagine if Case Keenum never got a shot.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield...maybe. But do we care that he gets fired up at games and at his opponents? Id argue we should prefer that in a QB (or any player). I dont know much about any actual off field issues or lack thereof though.

Rosen seems like the best option if you want a typical QB. Havent seen a ton but have seen and heard some good things.

Lamar Jackson...incredible athlete yes but not JUST an incredible athlete. Thats selling him well short.

Darnold...I kind of agree. Seems like he makes some poor decisions. Wont rule him out but Im not excited.

Josh Allen...lol. Yea idk. That one makes NO sense to me. Like shouldnt he at least be a decent player at WYOMING before we give him the keys to an NFL franchise??

Thorson and Falk Im not too familiar with at all.

I don’t mind fired up. It doesn’t mean he has to be a dick. I prefer my QB level headed also. Linemen, I prefer a little dirty. Safeties I prefer really dirty. CBs I want to be assholes. Certain traits work better at different positions.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Case Keenum never got a shot.

I was thinking that on thanksgiving when I was watching him lol. Finally one of those guys is doing it!

all seriousness...these are some nice throws lol

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mind fired up. It doesn’t mean he has to be a dick. I prefer my QB level headed also. Linemen, I prefer a little dirty. Safeties I prefer really dirty. CBs I want to be assholes. Certain traits work better at different positions.

Thats fair, but has he really ever lost his cool to the point where it hurt his team?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t he get suspended after Kansas or KST? Yes, he has hurt his team.

Wasnt that because of the F you and nut grab?

That seems more like the coach being too uptight than it does a mayfield problem.

But I might be mis-remembering things.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems more like the coach being too uptight than it does a mayfield problem.

Yes it was; however, with all 5he media attention it got, the coach had no choice but to suspend him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The real question should be, do we really want another its all about me and respect my game bitches QB in DC?? :trash:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was; however, with all 5he media attention it got, the coach had no choice but to suspend him.

I guess? I think the coach shouldnt give a crap what people in the media think.

Not to mention I think plenty of people thought it was pretty laughable he was suspended *raises hand*

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question should be, do we really want another its all about me and respect my game bitches QB in DC?? :trash:

No.

But I dont feel like thats who Mayfield is.

Seems to be well liked and respected by teammates.