• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
so for those in the know, is anything here or is he just trolling?

I'm not sure if he's an attention whore or if he's being sincere, but he sure garnered a lot of attention from that tweet.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so for those in the know, is anything here or is he just trolling?

It’s a safe bet to just write off all our decomitts, they moved on to greener and easier pastures

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Bookie's actual interest, but the board has completely flipped... Frost and his staff have a heck of a recruiting plan in place. Offers flying out everywhere, including JUCOs, RBs, WRS, QBs... will be a really interesting few weeks here.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuff is flying all over the place right now, the staff is busy recruiting, tons of offers going out. Really trying to sort through it all, it's a frenzy. It's great, but it's like drinking from a fire hose right now and the entire staff isn't even in place yet.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest name to watch right now is probably 4-star Dual-Threat QB Adrian Martinez, currently committed to Tennessee but is from Cali and had an in-home with Verduzco tonight (the QB coach) and switched his official from next weekend to this weekend. I would say he's on commit watch, also a JUCO QB we might remember the name of... Terry Wilson... doesn't have an offer yet but if Nebraska offers him we would likely vault to #1 on the list. He committed to Frost when Frost was at Oregon

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of 3 stars being offered. I hope this has more to do with getting a late start than what we can expect in the future.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, being at UCF they probably weren't knocking on a lot of 4 and 5 * doors so no relationships built, so probably immediately hit guys that they thought fit their system and they were familiar with. A lot of guys going to schools that are also making coaching changes. also from what i've seen they are guys with P5 offers and not the low level G5 type guys Bo was getting.

i'm very optimistic SF and Co can actually develop guys.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, being at UCF they probably weren't knocking on a lot of 4 and 5 * doors so no relationships built, so probably immediately hit guys that they thought fit their system and they were familiar with. A lot of guys going to schools that are also making coaching changes. also from what i've seen they are guys with P5 offers and not the low level G5 type guys Bo was getting.

i'm very optimistic SF and Co can actually develop guys.

Yeah. They've got 8 juco offers out. Like 25 offers out total.

This is more about getting guys to fit their system.

I'd rather have 3* that play like 4*, than 4* that play like 3*, or 3* that play like 2*.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping we take two QBs. T. Wilson and A. Martinez. Lets BUILD THE PIPELINE.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a safe bet to just write off all our decomitts, they moved on to greener and easier pastures

Where do you get 'easier pastures'.

Seems Husker players have had it pretty easy around here.
Bookie decommitted before Riley got officially fired, no?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's in if he gets an offer. the question is, does Frost think he can get one of the 3 QBs on the roster to work? Wilson just seems like a mediocre QB, TA Jr type guy and not going to get you where you want to be in the passing game. but i haven't watched any film and am just going off #s that i've seen.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's in if he gets an offer. the question is, does Frost think he can get one of the 3 QBs on the roster to work? Wilson just seems like a mediocre QB, TA Jr type guy and not going to get you where you want to be in the passing game. but i haven't watched any film and am just going off #s that i've seen.
TA would have thrived in Frosts offense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how does that work? When a new coach is hired the previous coach’s offers are rescinded?

He already had an offer from Nebraska.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA would have thrived in Frosts offense.
I tend to agree with this. Pocket passers NEED to be a 65% completion guy. Your Taylor Martinez's and TAjr's just need the accuracy in the 20 yard range with the arm to take shots down field for deep play-action. More than anything, a QB needs to be smart with the football - which was not TAjr. TAjr never lived to play another down, so he was always up or down throughout each game, season, year.
I am excited to have the option be part of our offense again, but more importantly, I am excited to have a guy leading the offense that is not rooted in west coast principles of the late 1980's. Can't wait to see physicality come back to this team - and start counting pancake blocks again. Still a little hesitant to embrace the DC, he's got his work cut out for himself. Third guy in three years to teach his way of tackling fundamentals. I just hope they don't save guys for red shirts if they can help right now. No coddling.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does that work? When a new coach is hired the previous coach’s offers are rescinded?

He already had an offer from Nebraska.
His offer was from 2 years ago class tho

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just not concerned on Defense. I think we’re going to be much improved. UCF finished 2nd in the nation in turnover margin and had a lot of takeaways. The graphic below tells the story. In the Championship game UCF uncharacteristicly lost the turnover battle, turned it over 4 times putting tremendous pressure on their Defense. It was a big reason why Memphis (#2 scoring Offense in the country) was able to put up a bunch of points. Let’s not forget though that going into overtime UCF was losing the turnover battle 4-1 and still managed to win the game.

Looking at a game by game basis below, you can see how UCF faired in getting takeaways and limiting opponents to really not scoring a lot of points throughout the season.

577289BB-2CAF-47AA-971B-D14A581BAD03.png

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get 'easier pastures'.

Seems Husker players have had it pretty easy around here.
Bookie decommitted before Riley got officially fired, no?
Speculating that it’s significantly easier to get the wins at a spot like OU for example, not to be confused with the Nick Gates “easy”

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF is moving fast, and what the hell is going on with Verdu