• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fans are satisfied with hanging around and some aren't.

By the way, you are definitely entitled to your opinion. I just think sometimes your sarcasm and bitterness about our situation rubs some folks the wrong way. I understand your frustration though. I may disagree with you sometimes, but you are entitled to a differing opinion.
we have made some stupid moves over the last few years that have left us with the Fielder's and Choo's and we have traded away some prospects in some other moves that frustrated me and the signing of some of these questionable players for 1 or 2 years and passing on the Darvish's etc adds to it. i'm afraid i voice my frustration in the wrong way but everything we've done over the last few years looks to me like they don't have a clue which path to follow.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have made some stupid moves over the last few years that have left us with the Fielder's and Choo's and we have traded away some prospects in some other moves that frustrated me and the signing of some of these questionable players for 1 or 2 years and passing on the Darvish's etc adds to it. i'm afraid i voice my frustration in the wrong way but everything we've done over the last few years looks to me like they don't have a clue which path to follow.

The problem is, you are Mr. Hindsight. I didn’t hear you bitching about either acquisitions when it happened. At least Bennie has some integrity as he wasn’t really happy about either transaction as it happened. You on the other hand were emploring the front office to spend money and were all about it when they signed Choo and traded for fielder. That’s what people here get sick of. You are the prototypical armchair GM.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are invited to join me in the 2018 spring training. There will be lots of interesting things to observe. We have plenty of invites to evaluate in which some will make the team and some won't. Of course the rotation and bull pen will most likely be he main attraction but other positions will get attention. The fight for left field should be worthy of following as well as further development of Gallo and Maz. Odor will need to be improving at the plate in a big way so there is a huge factor to watch for.

Don't mean to bore anyone but I'm antsy to get started so you've been invited to the party. Eph and Don are furnishing cold beer and BBQ so RSVP.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were one out away from a WS victory and flag. Hated losing Brunson but moves to take us over too after extremely bitter loss is understandable ESPECIALLY since Yu was in the picture. Yeah moaning and groaning MEH. Said earlier, Lets try to win while still keeping powder dry. Makes a lot of sense. No complaints about not going all in now. But yes. I do think and hope owners should open up pocketbooks but of course both them and I have a choice how to spend our dollars as did the city of Arlington

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are invited to join me in the 2018 spring training. There will be lots of interesting things to observe. We have plenty of invites to evaluate in which some will make the team and some won't. Of course the rotation and bull pen will most likely be he main attraction but other positions will get attention. The fight for left field should be worthy of following as well as further development of Gallo and Maz. Odor will need to be improving at the plate in a big way so there is a huge factor to watch for.

Don't mean to bore anyone but I'm antsy to get started so you've been invited to the party. Eph and Don are furnishing cold beer and BBQ so RSVP.

Did you say BBQ and beer?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosmer signs with the Padres. 8 years for 140 million. I wouldn't want that contract either.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosmer signs with the Padres. 8 years for 140 million. I wouldn't want that contract either.

Have fun hitting in that park.

Numbers will go way down.

He has his championship and probably just wants to cash in.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any special beer requests, let me know!