• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting.....

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, the time is finally here. Does Sarell pick UW, Stanford, or a wildcard no one else is predicting? Lot of rumbling he's going Stanford and look out if he does.
What time?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What time?
The game is on right now on NBC (King 5 here)
There are like 7 kids declaring during the game, the first has already gone and actually took the Beavs (really great WR get for them). Foster is the last slated to go so it will be near the end of the game.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious by now, but Foster is a Cardinal. Also UO '18 Devin Culp has decommitted from Oregon and will visit Washington. Joe Tryon will visit Washington and Oregon.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Joe Tryon to flip to us from WSU. LOve this guy's tape. Super athletic.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Joe Tryon to flip to us from WSU. LOve this guy's tape. Super athletic.
Hopefully Smith starts calling for more pass plays over the middle to the TE. That seemed to be lacking this year although it did work great for SC when they ran those plays like a gazillion times against the Huskies.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW seems to list him as a DE, not TE. He looked like he had some skill both ways for sure, but I don't think they are looking at him for the offense.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the top recruit of the class flipped to fucking SC. :L

Class that had a chance to be special a few weeks ago is going out with a thud. What the hell are these guys doing?

And fuck SC. Just fuck SC. I hope that kid never sees the field and ends up buried behind other athletes.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the top recruit of the class flipped to fucking SC. :L

Class that had a chance to be special a few weeks ago is going out with a thud. What the hell are these guys doing?

And fuck SC. Just fuck SC. I hope that kid never sees the field and ends up buried behind other athletes.

We'll see how things finish. This one hurts considering how long he's been committed and pulling this crap with two weeks to go, but one recruit doesn't make or break a class. Especially this one with the talent coming in who want to be Huskies.
USC is going to be looking to fuck us anyway possible as we're their direct competition for the PAC crown right now. They always pay a steep price down the road for all this fuckery. They always get greedy, let their egos blind them, and the NCAA hammers them with an evidence sheet a mile long.
I still think we got the superior coaching on them and that in many ways is the upper hand in the long run.
If Marlon doesn't want to be a Husky, adios, but no thanks for wasting all the time involved. Bye.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a game hurts for that season. Losing a commit with just days to go before LOI day can hurt 3-4 years. There is no sugar coating this one. That was the star at the top of your class tree fucking you with the worst possible timing.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW seems to list him as a DE, not TE. He looked like he had some skill both ways for sure, but I don't think they are looking at him for the offense.

He's probably going to be groomed as a Buck. Similar to Psalm Wooching this year. One who lines up standing a lot on the edges and helping create chaos vs the pass.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a game hurts for that season. Losing a commit with just days to go before LOI day can hurt 3-4 years. There is no sugar coating this one. That was the star at the top of your class tree fucking you with the worst possible timing.

Sure it can hurt you down the road. Thankfully we have Vea coming back this year. We'll just have to put more attention to it for the 18 class. We're not dead man walking at DL interior yet.

I'm beyond pissed about this, but again, it's USC and their built-in recruiting advantage. What can you do?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it clearly show's the kid wasn't a true "OKG" good to find out now and not when he got here.....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it clearly show's the kid wasn't a true "OKG" good to find out now and not when he got here.....
Wasn't that the question for Pete moving up to the P5 level? We know he can coach and we know he can turn 3* kids into solid players, but can he attract, hold, and develop the elite athletes with his brand of discipline and the rest of the 'OKG' stuff?

Lost out on this one for sure.

As for the 3* that committed yesterday, he was already offered and was in the works before this decommit. He wasn't a fast replacement as a few have called it.

They have a few kids they are after that haven't committed to anyone yet and one or two are reasonably high value targets so we will see what they get done in the closing days of the class.

I can tell you one thing though, after losing a couple of commits in this class and not seeing them aggressively going after other kids already committed elsewhere in the pac it does feel like this staff has to learn how to play the game at this level. Poaching kids off other teams in your own conference hurts them while helping you so it's a double win and whether or not they like the idea of it, I'm not sure they can avoid doing it to others and still reach their goals. We know Sark had no problems fucking anyone to get kids and neither did neuheisel. It's shady and seedy and everything that's wrong with college football, but you can't keep letting the lessor moral teams get away with doing it to you without getting some back.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that the question for Pete moving up to the P5 level? We know he can coach and we know he can turn 3* kids into solid players, but can he attract, hold, and develop the elite athletes with his brand of discipline and the rest of the 'OKG' stuff?

Lost out on this one for sure.

As for the 3* that committed yesterday, he was already offered and was in the works before this decommit. He wasn't a fast replacement as a few have called it.

They have a few kids they are after that haven't committed to anyone yet and one or two are reasonably high value targets so we will see what they get done in the closing days of the class.

I can tell you one thing though, after losing a couple of commits in this class and not seeing them aggressively going after other kids already committed elsewhere in the pac it does feel like this staff has to learn how to play the game at this level. Poaching kids off other teams in your own conference hurts them while helping you so it's a double win and whether or not they like the idea of it, I'm not sure they can avoid doing it to others and still reach their goals. We know Sark had no problems fucking anyone to get kids and neither did neuheisel. It's shady and seedy and everything that's wrong with college football, but you can't keep letting the lessor moral teams get away with doing it to you without getting some back.

I'm sure it was a "lesson learned" for the staff at UW. I also think this kid was granted a starting job down at SC and here he could've been looking at a redshirt.

This whole 3 star 5 star is a crap shoot, I don't believe a bunch of media guys labeling a high school kid is the right way to approach it. ( examples Jeremy Stevens, Jason Peters, Stringfellow) don't live up to the hype. I do believe the fence needs to be tougher around the state, no I'm not talking about the #1 recruit that chose Stanford but the other kids around here that some fine Olimen. Im sure the star system hurt there chances and had to choose other schools....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so this isn't about 2017 recruiting class, but it is about recruiting and it is currently 2017 so close enough.
Fired up young man counting down the days.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed he keeps to his word about that. Every elite P5 program are still hounding him to visit them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed he keeps to his word about that. Every elite P5 program are still hounding him to visit them.
Including now his uncle who is coaching at Louisville. But as of now both he and his cousin (Jackson Sirmon, son of Peter Sirmon) are both committed to UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaxson Kirkland decommit from UCLA over the past 24 hours.....I think that bodes well for UW getting a WOOF this week.