• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting.....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaxson Kirkland decommit from UCLA over the past 24 hours.....I think that bodes well for UW getting a WOOF this week.
Yeah, didn't he say something about UW being "a dream offer"? Kind of expected this one to flip. His dad went to UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, didn't he say something about UW being "a dream offer"? Kind of expected this one to flip. His dad went to UW.

He's got tremendous size with that frame. 6'6" and 310+. RT or OG. He'll be a great addition to this class. And yes, he'd be a great legacy get as well. I'm sure his dad won't mind seeing him in purple and gold on sundays.

Oregon is trying, but I think we got this.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise. He was fully expected and at least he did it before Wednesday. Kind of a tough situation he was thrown in with UW and Oregon offering so late.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise. He was fully expected and at least he did it before Wednesday. Kind of a tough situation he was thrown in with UW and Oregon offering so late.

Put a pin in this : This pick up will play 10 times better then the #1 kid that choose Stanford!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a solid get for sure.

Doubt we hit on Chaz, Austin Jackson, or Nick Ford so this class is probably done in terms of splashy recruits.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haener looks like he's got a good arm, and oh look it's another Jake at QB for UW. He has solid footwork and a good release point, but he's another high school QB that goes down low sidearm sometimes on longer throws. I'm sure they can clean up some of his mechanics, but he still looks like a serviceable QB.

Jordan Lolohae DE out of Utah looks like is that 18th to fill their last expected roster spot. 3* kid that will be taking a 2 year mormon mission so he won't see the field for a while. He was on the radar, but many expected him to stay closer to home at either BYU or Utah.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haener looks like he's got a good arm, and oh look it's another Jake at QB for UW. He has solid footwork and a good release point, but he's another high school QB that goes down low sidearm sometimes on longer throws. I'm sure they can clean up some of his mechanics, but he still looks like a serviceable QB.

Jordan Lolohae DE out of Utah looks like is that 18th to fill their last expected roster spot. 3* kid that will be taking a 2 year mormon mission so he won't see the field for a while. He was on the radar, but many expected him to stay closer to home at either BYU or Utah.

Didn't they get a verbal commit out of a local 5* QB for next years class?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they get a verbal commit out of a local 5* QB for next years class?
Yes they did and he tweeted about it last week again.

Jacob Sirmon, who is the nephew of Peter Sirmon currently of Louisville. His cousin Jack Sirmon is also a verbal as well to UW.

Way too early to know if Peter's hire at Louisville will impact either to change their minds and stick with family over there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sum Bitch 7 months now until camp opens ! :gaah:
Spring ball is in a couple of month's so there's that. :noidea:

I wish the pros would go summer/fall and college would go like winter into spring or something. Spread that shit out somehow.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they finish 4th or 5th in the Pac....

Little Willie is restocking the cupboards down there in Eugene, ( ton of 3*)
and the SC hype train is still in full effect so there signed a bunch that will bounce when there draft stock goes up...

I like it, this is the small class, ( next year I believe it's 25??)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring ball is in a couple of month's so there's that. :noidea:

I wish the pros would go summer/fall and college would go like winter into spring or something. Spread that shit out somehow.

Yeah but we need our time to bitch about the M's....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and the SC hype train is still in full effect so there signed a bunch that will bounce when there draft stock goes up...

It's a thorn in my side for a long time that most draft sites don't compensate for class size well enough with class rankings. But anyway....

The Huskies added a bunch of really great recruits today who all want to be here. We knocked it out of the park with WR and TE which was the #1 need. Lots to still digest so I'm gonna take a day or so to take it all in. We missed on a couple big targets and that hurt us. We closed, but we didn't close strong. It's for sure the best class yet for the Petersen staff, but feels like we are still not landing enough immediate level talent we need to compete against the elite teams. That we still have to over compensate with the development factor and it's still not going get it done vs the top dogs from other confs when playing in Rose bowls or playoff games.

It's still going to take awhile to get over what USC pulled on us. Some describe The Marlon situation as a fluke thing, but it really was a kick to the balls of this program how it went down. It felt like it sucked a lot of the wind out of our sails. Hey, you take those knock downs and keep getting up and fighting, but it's still a sick feeling that USC was so easily able to do that late in the 11th hour with a recruit who seemed so committed to the staff. I don't see how the staff blew it in anyway with this. It's not on them. But it's frustrating that we didn't close stronger given what we accomplished in 2016.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gonna be a big class next year for sure. 23-25.
We're just gonna have to not just nail Washington next year, but really work the entire west coast and mid west pipelines to fill it out. We'll see. Gonna be a monster class by size.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still going to take awhile to get over what USC pulled on us. Some describe The Marlon situation as a fluke thing, but it really was a kick to the balls of this program how it went down. It felt like it sucked a lot of the wind out of our sails. Hey, you take those knock downs and keep getting up and fighting, but it's still a sick feeling that USC was so easily able to do that late in the 11th hour with a recruit who seemed so committed to the staff. I don't see how the staff blew it in anyway with this. It's not on them. But it's frustrating that we didn't close stronger given what we accomplished in 2016.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, this proves the kid didn't want to be here, I understand it that's fine.
I'm glad it happen now instead of the student athlete getting here and being inserted on a depth chart and then wants to transfer out later down the road, possibly causing a younger player having to step up once this guy leaves.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it once and I'll say it again, this proves the kid didn't want to be here, I understand it that's fine.
I'm glad it happen now instead of the student athlete getting here and being inserted on a depth chart and then wants to transfer out later down the road, possibly causing a younger player having to step up once this guy leaves.
If this kid was actually promised something more immediate by USC I see no way he wouldn't have played as a true freshman for UW. Defenses always rotate in their depth charts and he looked the part of someone that could get substantial game time right now.

He is already enrolled at USC which is a very fast turn around from being committed to us, flipping to them, and already is on campus.

Look, this won't be the last well sought after player that is going to bail late on this program. Petersen's recruiting philosophy just creates these situations. It might do well at holding onto 3 and lower 4 star kids, but I don't think it plays out well to the very well known and very popular top talent. He's only going to get those level kids if they really just click with their coach at UW or otherwise just like the school.

There is no denying he doesn't tip the scales on a national level of recruiting, but so far you can't deny he has produced well with what he has had. They were one game away from a title last year with a team that was still half Sark's kids (also not top 20 classes) and they started more underclassmen than any top team should ever be comfortable with.

I don't think it was a home run class, but no coach at this level does better at winning with tons of singles. Didn't really necessarily need a home run to win.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this kid was actually promised something more immediate by USC I see no way he wouldn't have played as a true freshman for UW. Defenses always rotate in their depth charts and he looked the part of someone that could get substantial game time right now.

He is already enrolled at USC which is a very fast turn around from being committed to us, flipping to them, and already is on campus.

Look, this won't be the last well sought after player that is going to bail late on this program. Petersen's recruiting philosophy just creates these situations. It might do well at holding onto 3 and lower 4 star kids, but I don't think it plays out well to the very well known and very popular top talent. He's only going to get those level kids if they really just click with their coach at UW or otherwise just like the school.

There is no denying he doesn't tip the scales on a national level of recruiting, but so far you can't deny he has produced well with what he has had. They were one game away from a title last year with a team that was still half Sark's kids (also not top 20 classes) and they started more underclassmen than any top team should ever be comfortable with.

I don't think it was a home run class, but no coach at this level does better at winning with tons of singles. Didn't really necessarily need a home run to win.

I think with last season's success on the field does build a strong class for next year. I do love he flipped two players now from possibly playing for the Ducks ( Baker and Molden)

It's a process, year four coming up, I love the way he's building it. I think that a kid with 5 or 4 stars also brings an "attitude" with a player, ( saw with some of Sarks choices) I want to see Pete bring his guys in, guys that will buy into what the staff is selling, not just the program but the school. It's not a major secret now UW is one of the most loudest places to play, fans are behind this program 100% again. And the conference games draws national TV. I honestly feel they are on the right path, I believe his process of selecting players is a little more requirements, for better representatives of the school

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with last season's success on the field does build a strong class for next year. I do love he flipped two players now from possibly playing for the Ducks ( Baker and Molden)

It's a process, year four coming up, I love the way he's building it. I think that a kid with 5 or 4 stars also brings an "attitude" with a player, ( saw with some of Sarks choices) I want to see Pete bring his guys in, guys that will buy into what the staff is selling, not just the program but the school. It's not a major secret now UW is one of the most loudest places to play, fans are behind this program 100% again. And the conference games draws national TV. I honestly feel they are on the right path, I believe his process of selecting players is a little more requirements, for better representatives of the school
Agree on everything, however there are kids he misses out on that are otherwise not those attitude players that I would love to see also added to classes.

Part of the problem is he also wants academic studs and when you combine the things he very much wants in players, it's carbon copy what Stanford is looking for and Stanford is always going to be able to present a better argument for most of those with what a Stanford degree means. Losing two to them this year hurt. Less talent for us, and two guys we now have to face for the next several years and defend against.

If you asked dawg fans if they would rather have a coach like maybe Neuheisel who had no moral compass in the recruiting game, but also wasn't Petersen's level of coaching and had all kinds of issues with his kids, or Petersen who might not ever breach a top 10 recruiting class with his OKG stuff, but brings everything else including trips to the playoffs there can't be anyone that wouldn't take Petersen. I think they could become the USC of the north if Petersen would really go after guys, but we are far better off with him as he is than any alternative I've seen since Don James.