• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting.....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to be awhile before coach Pete looks at anymore Sumner kids.

Ouch. So Sumner is officially blacklisted. Way to go Wedington...... /s

Anyway, Stanford is the rare exception where you can't fault anyone for jumping at a scholarship offer. It's an ivy league level of education and the football program is top notch these days. It's about the only program I can't fault a UW target or commit to go there instead. If they can make the acceptance reqs, your dealing with a kid who takes academics very serious.

I don't appreciate that Stanford pulled this in the middle of Dec when were only about 6-7 weeks from LOI. But I can't fault any kid from jumping at a scholarship offer at Stanford.

At this point going forward with UW, it's the only school that I can take flipping a commit. USC and UCLA, etc.. that's now totally unacceptable with the level Petersen has us operating at.

Petersen is very clear about commits and trying to play the "I'm going to commit and still take visits" thing. Other programs are ok with that, but he's not. And it's a great policy to have. It provides you high level of confidence that your recruits are going to stick with their decision.

This is no way a negative mark on Washington as a program and losing Wedington is a bummer because he came on so strong during summer camps, but not a class buster in the least.

A decommitment from any recruit at this program at this point is going to be a very rare thing. No worries.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. So Sumner is officially blacklisted. Way to go Wedington...... /s

Anyway, Stanford is the rare exception where you can't fault anyone for jumping at a scholarship offer. It's an ivy league level of education and the football program is top notch these days. It's about the only program I can't fault a UW target or commit to go there instead. If they can make the acceptance reqs, your dealing with a kid who takes academics very serious.

I don't appreciate that Stanford pulled this in the middle of Dec when were only about 6-7 weeks from LOI. But I can't fault any kid from jumping at a scholarship offer at Stanford.

At this point going forward with UW, it's the only school that I can take flipping a commit. USC and UCLA, etc.. that's now totally unacceptable with the level Petersen has us operating at.

Petersen is very clear about commits and trying to play the "I'm going to commit and still take visits" thing. Other programs are ok with that, but he's not. And it's a great policy to have. It provides you high level of confidence that your recruits are going to stick with their decision.

This is no way a negative mark on Washington as a program and losing Wedington is a bummer because he came on so strong during summer camps, but not a class buster in the least.

A decommitment from any recruit at this program at this point is going to be a very rare thing. No worries.
The little bastard tweeted about enrolling early at UW and 24 hours later he tweeted he was decommitting. Fvk that kid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The little bastard tweeted about enrolling early at UW and 24 hours later he tweeted he was decommitting. Fvk that kid.
Fine, hate a teenager that bailed on UW. No need to drag my kids school into it. UW has been looking hard at Trey Weed. Never know if any others go through that program. Coach Ross is a solid high school head coach.

I don't tend to hate on kids that decommit or otherwise change their minds. They are high school kids looking to make life altering decisions. Do I disagree with his decision? Of course not. It's not like UW doesn't have very high academics as well. He spoke nothing of football in his decisions. Only spoke of academics. He's dead to me, but I can't hate on him. You do whatever you want.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big concern right now is Oregon and Nike is going to put a nuclear amount of pressure on Marlon Tuipulotu and Elijah Molden to flip to Oregon. That's my worry right now with the class. Both were considered major nails in the Helfrich coffin. Taggart gave the "were going to put the wall up on this state" speech this week. You knew exactly who that was targeted with that line.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, hard to hate on someone who flips because of the level of education he was offered.

Exactly!

These kids are at out for one thing an education... And if he believes Stanford is going to get him that education then nobody should shit on his doorstep!

Hell I could be looking at this in a few years with my own kid..... And I would tell him flat out to go where the education is top notch!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

These kids are at out for one thing an education... And if he believes Stanford is going to get him that education then nobody should shit on his doorstep!

Hell I could be looking at this in a few years with my own kid..... And I would tell him flat out to go where the education is top notch!
For me the truth is somewhere in between you and AG.

If it was my kid I'd help them list all of the pros and cons and ultimately support whatever felt most right to them.

What we don't know is what Wedington's major is. UW is a top 20 in the world facility in a variety of subjects, but impossible to say how much higher Stanford is for his chosen field if we don't know what he is planning on taking. All we know in general is a stanford degree carries a lot of weight in the world in general.

We also don't know what his potential is to make it as a pro. The higher that potential, the lower whatever differences there might be in a degree from either institution. Both schools can prepare kids for the NFL and whatever field they are studying. So it comes down to the comfort level with the coaches and learning center.

I just won't beat up on teenagers attempting to make decisions that impact them for the rest of their lives even if I strongly disagree with those decisions. Sure, I'll take great pleasure in our team wrecking him every time he plays them. Decisions have consequences. I just HATE the dumb fucks that have to insult and attack kids in twitter and elsewhere online over these decisions. Often grown men that know better attacking kids. It's sad and pathetic. Stick to the kids that do pick UW and support them. No need to attack children that change their minds. Wish them well and move on.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

WTF? Maybe 1 out of 3 are if that. Most just want to get their ass to the NFL.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most want to get to the NFL, but how many that think they have a shot at that fail? That's a fairly high number. So what they are left with is their education and maybe whatever fleeting fame they had in making a name for themselves in college.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the NFL is starting to lose some of it's luster. This concussion awareness is starting to take a serious concern for some of these younger guys, yes it's everyone's dream to play in the NFL, but they also realize the shelf life for a player isn't what it use to be. So the focus should be, get the free education, and diploma, then if they are lucky enough to make the NFL then that is icing on the cake!

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big concern right now is Oregon and Nike is going to put a nuclear amount of pressure on Marlon Tuipulotu and Elijah Molden to flip to Oregon. That's my worry right now with the class. Both were considered major nails in the Helfrich coffin. Taggart gave the "were going to put the wall up on this state" speech this week. You knew exactly who that was targeted with that line.

He already called the commits, they are solid. (See my links)

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Multiple reports, Ty Jones has reaffirmed his commitment.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. Losing Connor sucks, But if there was a position where would could stand to lose a kid, it is in the skilled positions.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. Losing Connor sucks, But if there was a position where would could stand to lose a kid, it is in the skilled positions.
I'm over it.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 247 has Austin Jackson as "warm" for UW, any chance he comes here?