• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five star offensive lineman Jed Wills told Brandon Brown of our Michigan site tonight that he has plans to visit the Vols in the upcoming months twice.

First, as an unofficial visitor for the Alabama game and again as an official visitor for the Kentucky game.

It's interesting, this summer Wills told some close to him that he was close to doing something and Bama was the team to beat. I think Bama may still be the team to beat, but Michigan has certainly helped itself here recently. But, Vols seem to be getting another shot with him.
-Fortenberry

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest: Pittsburgh, Penn State and Tennessee have already hosted Wade this season and the early enrollee has visits to Penn State, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, and UCLA coming up later this season before announcing his commitment on Dec. 17.

The prediction: Wade doesn't know which school he will end up at yet but Tennessee has some momentum coming off of his visit to Knoxville for the Florida game. This is a very fluid recruitment and the favorite will likely change a few more times before Wade's commitment. - Friedman

Farrell’s Pick: Tennessee
-Woody Wommack

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the top-100 wide receiver from trinity christian academy in jacksonville, fla., said he “had a blast in tennessee” during his first official visit, and while he’s “still 100-percent committed to florida state,” he’s “probably” going to take another look at the vols on nov. 5 to attend their game against tennessee tech.

“everything in knoxville, it was great,” said matthews, who’s ranked the nation’s no. 52 overall prospect and no. 8 wide receiver in the 247sports composite for the 2017 class. “pretty much, i liked everything about tennessee. It was cool. I liked coach butch jones a lot — just his personality and what type of guy he was.”

“tennessee is definitely up there,” he said. “i like it. I mean, i don’t have a particular spot for them, but i can tell you i love them. I like everything about tennessee. I had a blast in tennessee, actually,” he said. “it was fun. It was a different atmosphere.”

“they want me to come right away and play — like, a different variety of ways to use me,” matthews said. “they compared me to antonio brown. Coach z coached antonio brown, so he was just showing me how antonio brown’s film in high school just looks so similar (to mine). Antonio brown was a quarterback before he got to college, and coach z developed him as a receiver when he was at central michigan.

“they just showed me a lot of ways that they could develop me and make me into a better player to get ready for the nfl. I think they run a good offense. I mean, they don’t throw the ball as much, but i’m pretty sure that’s because they have josh dobbs at quarterback.