• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Draft Thread

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard is going in the top 10. And not by accident (Ebron). OJ is actually worth it.

Only if OJ gets some sweet blonde tips in his hair like Ebron.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant quit www.first-pick.com. I did change it up this time, and I love the shit out of the draft.......there will be no 1st round pick next year though.

Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32 (CAR): Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 2 (S.F.): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (MINN): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A-)
Round 4 Pick 21: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah (B+)
Round 6 Pick 15 (MINN): Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)
Round 6 Pick 31: Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga (B)
Round 7 Pick 32: Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd (B-)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if OJ gets some sweet blonde tips in his hair like Ebron.
If OJ Howard shows up with blonde tips at the NFL draft, we should trade up to grab him in the top 10. No team could stop TWO TE's with blonde tips.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant quit www.first-pick.com. I did change it up this time, and I love the shit out of the draft.......there will be no 1st round pick next year though.

Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32 (CAR): Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 2 (S.F.): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (MINN): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A-)
Round 4 Pick 21: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah (B+)
Round 6 Pick 15 (MINN): Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)
Round 6 Pick 31: Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga (B)
Round 7 Pick 32: Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd (B-)

If you told me we would get Lattimore, McKinley, Jarred Davis, Sydney Jones, Carlos Watkins and JuJu. I couldn't care less if we had a 1st round pick or not next year!!

I wouldn't know what to do with myself?!?! All defensive with the first 5 picks. I'd be ecstatic!!!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you told me we would get Lattimore, McKinley, Jarred Davis, Sydney Jones, Carlos Watkins and JuJu. I couldn't care less if we had a 1st round pick or not next year!!

I wouldn't know what to do with myself?!?! All defensive with the first 5 picks. I'd be ecstatic!!!

It was way better than my garbage live draft on this site. I have not done well

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft is now complete. I don't like it. Reddick I am not sold on, but at a position of need and value I had to take it. The trade back was terrible, it led to an immediate run in DB's and by the time I came back around it was not the best choices. Evans is ok, but I don't like using a 3rd on a guy who may or may not ever be better than Kilebrew. Shaheen was a value pick, but I would prefer to use that pick on something else and take Kittle over Langley.

I don't want to talk about the Langley pick. I got tunnel vision for a CB and took a guy that I don't think will amount to anything. That pick alone should get me fired.

I really liked the day 3. Smart was a steal, Mackenzie fills a critical need with an outside shot of becoming the slot, and Samson is a beast of an athlete. I think he could turn into something really good. The big concern with him is unless he gets much better against the run he will always be a 3-4 LB that is miscast with the Lions.

1.21 : Haason Reddick - LB - Temple
3.79 : Kareem Hunt - RB - Toledo
3.85 : Adam Shaheen - TE - Ashland
3.86 : Justin Evans - SS - Texas A&M
4.127 : Brendan Langley - CB - Lamar
5.165 : Hunter Dimick - DE - Utah
6.199 : Tanzel Smart - DT - Tulane
6.205 : Isaiah McKenzie - WR - Georgia
7.250 : Samson Ebukam - OLB - Eastern Washington

TRADES: 53 & 215 to Minnesota for 79,86 & 199

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers failed his combine drug test as well. Scratch him from you wish lists. Most likely not going to end up here now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers failed his combine drug test as well. Scratch him from you wish lists. Most likely not going to end up here now.

We can draft Foster in the first and Peppers in the 2nd. That way they can smoke with each other.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For both Peppers (high character) and Foster (questionable character) the failed drug test was a dilute sample. Unless they're supplying the sample in private, I doubt the Lions should be concerned about the failed test. It mostly means higher frequency/random tests, and if the player is clean, their loss of status could be the Lions gain. From everything I've read, it seems that Peppers is a pretty solid citizen.

Peppers in the second round? Might even be worth trading a third day draft pick to move up and get him. Or better yet, move back some slots on day one and get some additional picks. He just seems like a play maker that can provide a spark within the organization.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just speculation, but he probably tried to add some weight for the combine by drinking some extra water. In the past players have used that trick to add 10-15 extra lbs that they can shed quickly since the weigh in isn't the same day as the 40. If he drank enough it could cause the diluted sample. There was a lot of concern over how light he is leading up to the combine.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just speculation, but he probably tried to add some weight for the combine by drinking some extra water. In the past players have used that trick to add 10-15 extra lbs that they can shed quickly since the weigh in isn't the same day as the 40. If he drank enough it could cause the diluted sample. There was a lot of concern over how light he is leading up to the combine.

He shouldnt have been then. Everyone views him as a SS. No reason to put on extra weight. He was already big for that position. He does not have any other red flags that I know of so it probably wont hurt him like it will Foster. The fact that he is a Michigan guy might give him a pass with the Lions as well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just as easily have been using the diluted samples to cover up steroids or other PEDs

Nah. If they are going that route with the PED's. They aren't going to try and pass a test by drinking water. They'd take the masking agents to make sure it doesn't come up with any questions, IMO.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the same strategy that led to @broncosmitty and @Thruthefog ending up on the same Whirleyball team.

I'm thinking we could go for an all-red flag draft.
1st round -- Reuben Foster
2nd round -- Jabrill Peppers
3rd round -- Joe Mixon
4th round -- Jourdan Lewis
5th round -- Caleb Brantley

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could just be that he was dirty and tried to flush his system.