• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Draft Thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back. Levy got cut while you were away.

I saw. I believe I saw he had to get knee surgery too. Hope Detroit uses a pick to upgrade at LB. would love to get Jarrod Davis, but hoping his injury history drops him to us in the 2nd round. Wishful thinking though on my part.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw. I believe I saw he had to get knee surgery too. Hope Detroit uses a pick to upgrade at LB. would love to get Jarrod Davis, but hoping his injury history drops him to us in the 2nd round. Wishful thinking though on my part.

I really like Watt. Prob go to a 3-4 team tho. Kinda hope we get Foster. Reddick spooks me. Raekwon McMillan is intriguing. The FL kid is sweet when not injured. Kinda spooks me too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit

Just read Foster failed a drug test at the combine.

CMON MAN

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit

Just read Foster failed a drug test at the combine.

CMON MAN

Did it come up failed? I saw they said it was diluted, which anyone can guess what that means. But a friend mentioned if it was only diluted, they would just make him re-take it.

He was a guy I was REALLY hoping would drop. Now with his shoulder and this test -- he may be a guy to steer clear of.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Watt. Prob go to a 3-4 team tho. Kinda hope we get Foster. Reddick spooks me. Raekwon McMillan is intriguing. The FL kid is sweet when not injured. Kinda spooks me too.

Yeah. Foster was definitely who I wanted early and still wouldn't be upset to get him. I bet quite a few teams will take him off their draft board with the recent news.

Watt is a guy I like too. Also like Reddick, but not for the reason most like him, I think he'd be someone with his size, speed and background as a CB/safety, who could do well dropping in coverage. Also think you could use him, like Watt, with his hand on the ground on the edge.

Jarrod Davis I like but only in the 2nd round. Im not a huge fan of McMillan, but if he fell to say the 3rd round, I'd be fine with taking a chance. I think he will have to move outside in the NFL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it come up failed? I saw they said it was diluted, which anyone can guess what that means. But a friend mentioned if it was only diluted, they would just make him re-take it.

He was a guy I was REALLY hoping would drop. Now with his shoulder and this test -- he may be a guy to steer clear of.

Disregard the 'he will just have to re-take it'. It will be treated as a positive test and he has to enter the NFL drug program after he gets drafted.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard the 'he will just have to re-take it'. It will be treated as a positive test and he has to enter the NFL drug program after he gets drafted.

Where the hell have you been? :D

Anywho, We can kiss Reddick goodbye now. He will become the first LB picked and maybe even in the top 10. Heck, Watt may even be gone now before our pick. If that happens I would trade back for sure unless someone else falls that should not. I would love to see Barnett fall to us. If not then we can grab an extra pick trading back.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell have you been? :D

Anywho, We can kiss Reddick goodbye now. He will become the first LB picked and maybe even in the top 10. Heck, Watt may even be gone now before our pick. If that happens I would trade back for sure unless someone else falls that should not. I would love to see Barnett fall to us. If not then we can grab an extra pick trading back.

I've been on the site. I found out last year the college football site is really active on here. So I've been over there. Other than that, just taking care of the little guy. Got my first coaching job.......as a 3-4 year old soccer coach.:yes:

This draft is going to be quite interesting. So many differing thoughts on everyone's mock drafts. Quite a few elite guys with question marks, no clear cut #1 QB, will RB's fall or go early, will TE's like Howard and Njoku go in the top half of the draft.

Usually you have clear cut top guys at each position, but this year is all over the board. I don't care who the Lions pick, but I just hope it is on the defensive side of the ball -- a DE, a LB or even a safety.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on the site. I found out last year the college football site is really active on here. So I've been over there. Other than that, just taking care of the little guy. Got my first coaching job.......as a 3-4 year old soccer coach.:yes:

This draft is going to be quite interesting. So many differing thoughts on everyone's mock drafts. Quite a few elite guys with question marks, no clear cut #1 QB, will RB's fall or go early, will TE's like Howard and Njoku go in the top half of the draft.

Usually you have clear cut top guys at each position, but this year is all over the board. I don't care who the Lions pick, but I just hope it is on the defensive side of the ball -- a DE, a LB or even a safety.

That age is too frieken cute to watch them play. Some of things they do in the middle of the game are hysterical.

Agree with your assessment on the draft, hence the trade back stance I have now taken. Never know though, I am sure if a player has dropped unexpectedly we will stand pat and take him. I am in the same boat. LB and then 1 other defensive player in the first 3 rounds minimum. I even have a scenario where the first 4 picks could be defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That age is too frieken cute to watch them play. Some of things they do in the middle of the game are hysterical.

Agree with your assessment on the draft, hence the trade back stance I have now taken. Never know though, I am sure if a player has dropped unexpectedly we will stand pat and take him. I am in the same boat. LB and then 1 other defensive player in the first 3 rounds minimum. I even have a scenario where the first 4 picks could be defense.

Oh yeah. This is his 2nd year, they let him play as a 2 year old last year. We struggled to get 5 kids to even go on the field last year. Had to hold everyone's hand to get them out there to play, lots of grass picking and ring around the rosey games. Think we were outscored about 600-5 on the year. 1-0 this year though, we have some ringers on the team. :pound:

For the draft. I agree with trading back, especially if guys like Watt and Reddick are off the board when we pick. I know Quinn is a BPA type of GM and I'd hate for that guy to be a TE. Trade back, get an extra pick, draft has quite a bit of depth on the defensive side of the ball. Use the pick to get some defensive depth OR if there is a red flag guy and you want to take a chance in, you have the extra pick to use. (Though I hope it isn't Mixon -- that video makes it impossible for me to ever root for that kid)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round is in

Tanzel Smart - DT
Isaiah Mckenzie - WR/KR

I loved this round, Mckenzie would already be the best returner on the team, and he has the potential to be a dangerous slot receiver despite his size.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round is in

Tanzel Smart - DT
Isaiah Mckenzie - WR/KR

I loved this round, Mckenzie would already be the best returner on the team, and he has the potential to be a dangerous slot receiver despite his size.

I cant see Smart lasting to round 6. He is one of my draft picks too and I hope he is still there even in round 5. I actually have him going in round 4.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see Smart lasting to round 6. He is one of my draft picks too and I hope he is still there even in round 5. I actually have him going in round 4.

Yeah I spent most of round 5 offering both the 6th rounds to trade back in to pick up Smart, no one took it and he fell all the way there. I had him as an early 5th in my rankings, but I took Dimmick because that is a stronger need.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hi-res-c0004657055a52bf89548ac84df7f561_crop_north.jpg

Somebody wanted a couple WRs there...

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see that this year, BPA meets needs for the Lions when the draft begins. All the hype is on the D side, which bodes well for the Lions looking to get younger and better on that side of the line.

Dare I say, the Lions management team is looking competent going into the draft? Seems strange to be able to write that without the elusive sarcasm font.