• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agency Frenzy Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember, once a Duck always a Duck and a Duck cannot changes its stripes.

Other than scoring a few key overtime playoff goals, he's nothing more than a third line center who isn't very good at faceoffs. I'm sure some dipshit gm other than Benning will offer him a $20 million for four deal. If you're gonna be a center from Pittsburgh and suck at faceoffs you better drive a BMW from A&L motors as you're probably a superstar.

BUT PENALTY KILLING!!! Seriously, there are Pens fans who want to resign Bones instead of going at a guy like Jumbo because of the PK. Honestly, Bonino was fantastic last year, even before the playoffs. But this year he was awful. His possession stats took a huge drop and his offense in general disappeared. The playoffs he was even worse. Last year his CF% was 51, this year it was 34%...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey!! Nobody can fake getting hit like this guy!!

How much is being a fuckface worth on the open market?

It sounds like you have some resentment issues to work through. Have you tried being a fan of a winning team? Does a lot for the psyche.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you have some resentment issues to work through. Have you tried being a fan of a winning team? Does a lot for the psyche.

He'll get right on that as soon as his team has a draft rigged for a generational player that the refs over-protect every playoffs.

boo yah

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get right on that as soon as his team has a draft rigged for a generational player that the refs over-protect every playoffs.

boo yah

I recommend encouraging your team to pretend to move. It helps with league rigging on your behalf.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then explain why to this day I still resent Giguere! Thieving, crying baby, that's Brodeur's Conn Smythe dammit!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bonino's antics weren't even against my team. Just calling a spade a spade in this case.

As for cheering for a winning team? Well, I chose a team pre-2005 so it's just too ingrained now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington’s set a high price on Phillipp Grubauer
Umm... why?

There is a ton of interest in both players, many from the same teams. Los Angeles has certainly made a big pitch to Thornton. Others who’ve talked to one (or both) include Anaheim, Columbus, Montreal, the Rangers, St. Louis and Toronto. Undoubtedly, I’m on the low side.

Yes, please.

I'd wet myself if we somehow landed both Thornton and Marleau.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some narrowed lists news:

I guess I can see him wanting a bigger role.

Dreger says later in the thread that Dallas is one of them.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonino's antics weren't even against my team. Just calling a spade a spade in this case.

As for cheering for a winning team? Well, I chose a team pre-2005 so it's just too ingrained now.

Pens have had some chodes in the past, I don't put Bones in that category.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT PENALTY KILLING!!! Seriously, there are Pens fans who want to resign Bones instead of going at a guy like Jumbo because of the PK. Honestly, Bonino was fantastic last year, even before the playoffs. But this year he was awful. His possession stats took a huge drop and his offense in general disappeared. The playoffs he was even worse. Last year his CF% was 51, this year it was 34%...
Yeah he really wasn't that good and I hope they don't give him a Brandon Sutter type contract. That's why I was surprised they let Sundqvist go in that deal for Reeves.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember, once a Duck always a Duck and a Duck cannot changes its stripes.

Other than scoring a few key overtime playoff goals, he's nothing more than a third line center who isn't very good at faceoffs. I'm sure some dipshit gm other than Benning will offer him a $20 million for four deal. If you're gonna be a center from Pittsburgh and suck at faceoffs you better drive a BMW from A&L motors as you're probably a superstar.

shocked-jim-benning-there-are-2-dipshit-gms-.jpg