• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many fast guys with iffy hands. JuJu is a solid possession receiver.
He played 83.3% on the right side which usually indicates a struggle to adjust to the pro game.

62.7 percent success rate vs. man coverage
68.6 percent success rate vs. press coverage
57.1 contested catch conversion rate

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he sees the field much that means Bryant washed out. Not a good thing.
There is room for Brown, Bryant and JuJu on the field.

But we DON'T have a tough possession WR like JuJu.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that run on DB's, WR was the value pick for us there.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB/CB/TE here.....

Jalen Myrick, Rasul Douglas, Jourdan Lewis

Bucky Hodges, Jordan Leggett

Kareem Hunt, Marlon Mack

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus..... :L

In case he deletes it:

Martavis Bryant tweeted: "lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back."

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus..... :L

In case he deletes it:

Martavis Bryant tweeted: "lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back."
What an idiot... What's ironic is Sammie posted a photo on instagram just this week welcoming Martavis back after his reinstatement... That's awkward

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the WR pick... I'm withholding judgement until I do more homework on it. I know nothing about the kid, but on the surface it looks like a value pick. Quite the run on DBs so the ones they were after were probably gone. Still liked CB Jordan Lewis & OLB Jordan Willis as better value. Oh well.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the WR pick... I'm withholding judgement until I do more homework on it. I know nothing about the kid, but on the surface it looks like a value pick. Quite the run on DBs so the ones they were after were probably gone. Still liked CB Jordan Lewis & OLB Jordan Willis as better value. Oh well.
Your maturity and levelheadedness serves as a reminder to Steeler Nation exactly how much of a petulant child I can be. :D

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt, Smith-Schuster, Sutton, and Conner...

Not what I was hoping for on day two. I don't see an eventual starter in those last three.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got so upset after KC selected Kpassagnon. Oh well, at least we didn't draft the Notre Dame QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day Two thoughts.

2.62...Juju Schuster-Smith, WR...I'm not surprised but he would not have been my choice at that point in the draft. They gave more than a passing interest to the position with their 30 visits so I really felt like they would take a WR in this draft.

What it says to me...1) they are not thrilled with Coates, or Hamilton as long term prospects. 2) they're not sure what they are getting with Justin Hunter. 3) They don't want to get caught with their pants down if Bryant falls prey to weed again.

Bottom line, very crowded position. Notables they left on the board...Tim Williams, Alex Anzalone, Duke Riley, Dawuane Smoot, Jordan Willis

3.95...Cameron Sutton, CB...Not everyone will, but I like this pick. Can play outside, but imo, he's a slot defender and will likely unseat Gay at some point this season. A lot of the names I liked were rolling off in a hurry at CB...glad to see they got him here.

3.105...James Conner, RB...about time they got a local kid I guess, great story, big back, should give Bell some breather time.

We'll, see what they do on day 3, but overall I'm okay with the draft so far. I really think they need to dbl down on OLB or CB...Lot of good TE prospects still on the board. I think they have an option for ILB in the Javancy Jones in mind...don't be surprised if you see him drafted in 6 or 7.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schuster-Smith - Have a feeling this will be the pick come week 16 we will love. A tough receiver that should win battles over tough catches but the lack of separation means Bryant and Coates are still very necessary.

Sutton - should replace Gay, not that is saying much at this point, but good in pass coverage but from what read is not a good tackler or good in run support. If he excels as a cover corner that is what they truly need.

Conner - Probably could have gotten him the 4th but not worth the gamble waiting. Hard to tackle and his role, i bet, is to get the short yards. Hopefully he shouldn't have a hard time beating out Davis or Toussaint for the #2 role. I am glad they got something because neither are a good fill-in.

The picks for me, nothing spectacular and what you truly come to expect with the Steelers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.62 - John "JuJu" Smith-Schuster, WR USC
6'1" 215

Combine grade: 5.89
40 time: 4.54s
Bench: 15 reps
Vert jump: 32.5"
Broad jump: 120"

My analysis: Not extremely enthused with this pick considering how over-stocked the position already is. But I think I need to detach myself from previous potential in Coates, Ayers & Hamilton. This pick can & should be viewed as an instant upgrade over those guys at the very least. He's physical, can catch in traffic, has reliable hands, blocks well, and has a great catch radius. Reminds me of Ward or Cotchery. Still, its hard to see them leave some of the talent that was available on the board. Even after the big run on DB's in the 2nd Rd there were still 2-3 defenders available that could have challenged starters this season (Lewis, Willis, Williams). At best this kid is a WR3 next season, more likely a 4 given Rogers' recent success. But given time this kid could very well be a WR2 in the future. So call it a future or security pick. Like others have said, we could end up loving this kid by midseason & beyond. And nothing is certain with Bryant, Coates or Hunter. Bryant has yet to prove he can stay clean and we have no clue what he will look like this season. Coates is coming off a mangled hand. Hunter is a pure question mark.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3.95 - Cameron Sutton, CB Tennessee
5'11" 188

Combine grade: 5.65
40 time: 4.52s
Bench: 11 reps
Vert jump: 34"
Broad jump: 120"
3-cone drill: 6.81s

My analysis: Most important thing you'll read about him is he excelled as a MAN-COVER cornerback... Hooray! He may not be the fastest DB, but he's intelligent. He knows how to key off WR's & re-route with his hands. Something most DBs in today's NFL lack. He has great fluidity and can quickly open up his hips to run with a WR. He is a confident kid after only allowing 3 TDs in his college career. He has great potential to start in the slot this season over Gay. One thing that should be touched on is he was a Leadership Award winner. Something we could definitely value at some point in his career. One of the biggest knocks on him is he wasn't the most reliable in run coverage. I like the potential over what other DBs were available in this round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3.105 - James Conner, RB Pittsburgh
6'1" 233

Combine grade: 5.4
40 time: 4.65s
Bench: 20 reps
Vert jump: 29"
Broad jump: 113"

My analysis: Lots to love about this pick. Most will remark on the warm & fuzzies of the feel-good story, but I'll leave that to the journalists. What I love about him is he's one of the more physical runners in this draft class. He loves to lower his shoulders to punish people. He's incredibly resilient & tough. Almost everything you read about him is exactly what they said of Le'Veon coming through the draft. Except with Conner, you'll hear more about his work ethic & determination. Something that knucklehead Bell could learn from. He should be more than capable of carrying the load to spell Bell this season. He may not have the personality that D-Will had, but he brings the same reliability & leadership that we grew accustomed to these last few seasons. I'm excited to have this kid in the fold.