• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Sean Davis as a FS as his best fit. He's right where he belongs.
And as situational as VW is, Peppers is just as situational a player if he was a starting SS. Maybe he can be taught to play deep coverage, but so far he hasn't shown that aptitude in his career. Maybe that's not his fault, but it's a roll of the dice on an athelete in the 1st.

I'd be worried we're looking at the inside version of Jarvis Jones.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't laugh man. I've been saying for a while this could happen.
If they take a QB in the first round without Ben announcing his retirement at Season's end while they still need an edge rusher and cover guys (ILB or DB) then this season is doomed. Especially when none of the QBs in this draft have been rated as can't miss NFL starters. We don't need the second coming of Mark Malone!!!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they take a QB in the first round without Ben announcing his retirement at Season's end while they still need an edge rusher and cover guys (ILB or DB) then this season is doomed. Especially when none of the QBs in this draft have been rated as can't miss NFL starters. We don't need the second coming of Mark Malone!!!
I feel your pain brother. I feel it.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my first round hopes would be one of the following:

Takkarist McKinley
Charles Harris
Marlon Humphrey
Jarrad Davis

Humphrey will most likely be gone but he's the only CB that has a shot at falling to us that I would take over one of the edge rushers above or Davis.

What I don't want: Peppers or a QB.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, if Ben were to have decided he was going to retire after this season, the team would want him to keep that private until after the draft anyway.

Still, I'm in the camp that wants to wait until AFTER Ben is gone to get that next QB. A tank season.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, if Ben were to have decided he was going to retire after this season, the team would want him to keep that private until after the draft anyway.

Still, I'm in the camp that wants to wait until AFTER Ben is gone to get that next QB. A tank season.
True, then it will be a high draft pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my first round hopes would be one of the following:

Takkarist McKinley
Charles Harris
Marlon Humphrey
Jarrad Davis

Humphrey will most likely be gone but he's the only CB that has a shot at falling to us that I would take over one of the edge rushers above or Davis.

What I don't want: Peppers or a QB.

You might like our SportsHoopla Mock Draft! I would add Reddick to your list, but any of the above works for me too.

FWIW...I don't blame you on Peppers and especially a QB @ 30...I do get the Peppers talk though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Sean Davis as a FS as his best fit. He's right where he belongs.
And as situational as VW is, Peppers is just as situational a player if he was a starting SS. Maybe he can be taught to play deep coverage, but so far he hasn't shown that aptitude in his career. Maybe that's not his fault, but it's a roll of the dice on an athelete in the 1st.

I'd be worried we're looking at the inside version of Jarvis Jones.

I'm not agreeing on Davis...I think he can move to FS. I'm in agreement on Peppers...while I think he does fit a short-term need and could evolve into a full-time starter...I hope he's not the pick @ 30 and Davis stays at SS.

I really hope they land a solid edge player with 30.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might like our SportsHoopla Mock Draft! I would add Reddick to your list, but any of the above works for me too.

FWIW...I don't blame you on Peppers and especially a QB @ 30...I do get the Peppers talk though.
Yeah I left Reddick off because I didn't think there was much of a chance of him falling to 30. He's a monster though. They could do a lot with him.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they land a solid edge player with 30.
If they could grab a plug-and-play edge defender that somehow manages a strong rookie campaign it could really change the ceiling for this season.

I really think this is going to be Kizer though the more I think about it. I'll be in here shortly after to rant and thrash and throw an epic tantrum.And that's based off of two things really. One, I want to win now. Two, I don't like these QB's. But if we're honest and the Steelers can actually pull a future star at QB at pick 30, they have to take it. Ben's 35. I just don't think that stud QB is in this draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could grab a plug-and-play edge defender that somehow manages a strong rookie campaign it could really change the ceiling for this season.

I really think this is going to be Kizer though the more I think about it. I'll be in here shortly after to rant and thrash and throw an epic tantrum.And that's based off of two things really. One, I want to win now. Two, I don't like these QB's. But if we're honest and the Steelers can actually pull a future star at QB at pick 30, they have to take it. Ben's 35. I just don't think that stud QB is in this draft.

My honest opinion of the edge players in this "deep" draft...none at 30 will be plug n play, but Harris can be a solid 20 snap a game player out the gate. He might be the best natural edge player in the draft. But he's got 34 OLB size playing 43 DE in college. He's not the athlete that Dupree is, which is why he might be on the board at 30. Deebo was never noted to be great in coverage but learning to play in space will take some time for Harris.

McKinley needs to develop more as a pass rusher, but his upside looks very promising.

QB...my general feeling on QBs in this current era kind of applies to this class...we're probably not going to see another Luck type prospect for a long time. Most of the kids coming out now are JRs with maybe 2 yrs starting experience in a game that's not a whole lot like the pro game. So...you're hoping to get a guy with the raw tools and hope you can develop him into a pro QB...basically a guy like Wentz. Is Kizer that guy? Not next year, but '18 or '19?...idk. I see him going to AZ.

Win now...the players probably most able to help with that right now imo would be Njoku, or Howard (he won't be there) at TE, or one of the CBs that could beat out Gay in the slot. I think Harris or McKinley could make a few plays, and probably more important, they can take enough snaps to keep Deebo fresh.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My honest opinion of the edge players in this "deep" draft...none at 30 will be plug n play, but Harris can be a solid 20 snap a game player out the gate. He might be the best natural edge player in the draft. But he's got 34 OLB size playing 43 DE in college. He's not the athlete that Dupree is, which is why he might be on the board at 30. Deebo was never noted to be great in coverage but learning to play in space will take some time for Harris.

McKinley needs to develop more as a pass rusher, but his upside looks very promising.

QB...my general feeling on QBs in this current era kind of applies to this class...we're probably not going to see another Luck type prospect for a long time. Most of the kids coming out now are JRs with maybe 2 yrs starting experience in a game that's not a whole lot like the pro game. So...you're hoping to get a guy with the raw tools and hope you can develop him into a pro QB...basically a guy like Wentz. Is Kizer that guy? Not next year, but '18 or '19?...idk. I see him going to AZ.

Win now...the players probably most able to help with that right now imo would be Njoku, or Howard (he won't be there) at TE, or one of the CBs that could beat out Gay in the slot. I think Harris or McKinley could make a few plays, and probably more important, they can take enough snaps to keep Deebo fresh.
Yeah I don't see someone in this class that screams plug-and-play being available at 30 either. Was just hoping (out loud) for a surprise. If that makes sense.

I was very high on McKinley at first but the more and more time passes and I get homework in, the more concerns I have. I still like him, but I don't like him more than say Harris at this point.

Agree 100% on the QB.

I almost find myself hoping for a trade down. Unless someone unexpected falls to 30 I think they could trade back, grab an extra pick, and get the same value later.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see someone in this class that screams plug-and-play being available at 30 either. Was just hoping (out loud) for a surprise. If that makes sense.

I was very high on McKinley at first but the more and more time passes and I get homework in, the more concerns I have. I still like him, but I don't like him more than say Harris at this point.

Agree 100% on the QB.

I almost find myself hoping for a trade down. Unless someone unexpected falls to 30 I think they could trade back, grab an extra pick, and get the same value later.

McKinley/Harris...I've never seen McKinley play in a real games aside from the tape. I have seen Harris play a few times.

Right now, I think Harris will be more effective as a pass rusher...has more moves, but he might always be limited in coverage. 2 yrs from now if McKinley develops a little more as a pass rusher, I think he has more upside. Kid has Dupree like athleticism...reportedly competed at the combine and pro day not yet 100% from his surgery.

That said, I'd take either one. At one point I wasn't that high on Taco. Maybe out of desperation, but I've changed my tune there. If Woodley could do it at his size, I suppose Taco can as well, but imo he looks ready made for a 43 DE.

QB...with CB and edge being as deep as reported...I think the top 5 QBs could all be gone at 30 which wouldn't bother me much. The best thing Colbert can do for his future QB is strengthen the team around him....much like the situation Dak stepped into and even Ben...cast was able to take the pressure off the young QB.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Reuter's 7 Round Mock:

Round 1 (30) Josh Jones, S, North Carolina State
Round 2 (62) Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
Round 3 (94) Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
Round 3 (105) Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
Round 4 (135) Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia
Round 5 (173) Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh
Round 6 (213) Chris Carson, RB, Oklahoma State
Round 7 (248) Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern

First and only CB is in the fourth round.