• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still don't understand the love-affair with Rivers... I'm obviously no talent scout, but nothing I have seen has convinced me that he's a 1st or 2nd round pick that he's being graded & mocked as. 3rd, maybe. But I still don't think he has a prosperous NFL career ahead of him. I've been wrong many times before though lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still don't understand the love-affair with Rivers... I'm obviously no talent scout, but nothing I have seen has convinced me that he's a 1st or 2nd round pick that he's being graded & mocked as. 3rd, maybe. But I still don't think he has a prosperous NFL career ahead of him. I've been wrong many times before though lol.

Well...I can see why he's drawing interest...He's got prototypical size...6'4" roughly 250...combine numbers are solid. If he played in the B10 or SEC he'd be a 1st round lock.

When these guys play at small schools like Hargrave you want to see dominance and he was fairly dominant...It's probably going to take a yr to adjust to the talent and have confidence at this level, but the mesureables make the scouts think he can be an impact player.

Never seen the kid play so I have no perspective from that angle, but 2nd round is probably where he'll get picked. If he comes in with a chip on his shoulder wanting to prove he belongs, I like the potential.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I can see why he's drawing interest...He's got prototypical size...6'4" roughly 250...combine numbers are solid. If he played in the B10 or SEC he'd be a 1st round lock.

When these guys play at small schools like Hargrave you want to see dominance and he was fairly dominant...It's probably going to take a yr to adjust to the talent and have confidence at this level, but the mesureables make the scouts think he can be an impact player.

Never seen the kid play so I have no perspective from that angle, but 2nd round is probably where he'll get picked. If he comes in with a chip on his shoulder wanting to prove he belongs, I like the potential.
I guess its the lack of video evidence, because you can tell he was fairly dominant in the stat columns. Both "highlight" videos that I've seen showed a lot of subpar play. Struggled to shed blocks with any consistency. Must have been an off game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its the lack of video evidence, because you can tell he was fairly dominant in the stat columns. Both "highlight" videos that I've seen showed a lot of subpar play. Struggled to shed blocks with any consistency. Must have been an off game.

Yeah could have been, but no doubt he's not complete yet.

I think if you take a kid like him that has some holes in his game, but has the athletic ability, you hope you can coach him up. At least that's my guess as to why he's getting the looks he is.

I looked at Dave Byan's latest mock at Steeler Depot...interesting he doesn't think Lawson is a 1st rd pick....the has him going to PIT at 62! Tre'Davious White, CB from LSU going 30th.

I must say I do like his 6th rd pick...the Davis, the WR from GA St....I've heard a little bit about him. Tall kid, good speed, but raw for this level. I think we're going to know something on Bryant before the draft and the general thought I have is he's going to be reinstated based on past history. If so, a rookie is going to have a tough time making the squad unless we just want to get the PS stronger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of mocks have us taking qb round 1-2 now

I think Webb has or will be in for a visit. Kaaya is slated for a visit...that tells me they would consider 62 on a QB or they could wait as long as the 4th rd.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah could have been, but no doubt he's not complete yet.

I think if you take a kid like him that has some holes in his game, but has the athletic ability, you hope you can coach him up. At least that's my guess as to why he's getting the looks he is.

I looked at Dave Byan's latest mock at Steeler Depot...interesting he doesn't think Lawson is a 1st rd pick....the has him going to PIT at 62! Tre'Davious White, CB from LSU going 30th.

I must say I do like his 6th rd pick...the Davis, the WR from GA St....I've heard a little bit about him. Tall kid, good speed, but raw for this level. I think we're going to know something on Bryant before the draft and the general thought I have is he's going to be reinstated based on past history. If so, a rookie is going to have a tough time making the squad unless we just want to get the PS stronger.
Any sort of struggle against lesser division talent is a big red flag to me though. That to me shows he's nowhere near the fringe Rd 1 talent that most are touting him to be. Nothing I saw from Kalil Mack's game film ever showed weakness. And those were complete games. The only complete game vid I found of Rivers had him struggling over half the game.

Just call me skeptical I guess.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any sort of struggle against lesser division talent is a big red flag to me though. That to me shows he's nowhere near the fringe Rd 1 talent that most are touting him to be. Nothing I saw from Kalil Mack's game film ever showed weakness. And those were complete games. The only complete game vid I found of Rivers had him struggling over half the game.

Just call me skeptical I guess.

I think you just hit the nail on the head...this kid might have the physical ability to be a starter, but he's not a complete player yet whereas Mack was a true man against boys in college and was a top 10 pick or near it.

IF he goes 1st round (which I doubt) it would have to be a good team that doesn't need to push him out there in '17 right away...spoon feed him some snaps as the season goes along.

I credit you for at least having seen some tape on him...I've seen zero...all stats, and scout chatter.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you just hit the nail on the head...this kid might have the physical ability to be a starter, but he's not a complete player yet whereas Mack was a true man against boys in college and was a top 10 pick or near it.

IF he goes 1st round (which I doubt) it would have to be a good team that doesn't need to push him out there in '17 right away...spoon feed him some snaps as the season goes along.

I credit you for at least having seen some tape on him...I've seen zero...all stats, and scout chatter.
I think it was this video... But he gets stonewalled a lot

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a lot of Peppers buzz right now. If it's true the Steelers need to seal up some leaks. Broadcasting "your guy" doesn't seem like the best strategy.

Always possible they are tempting another team to take him instead of the guy they actually want.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers makes no sense to me. He plays the same position as Sean Davis.

We need Edge Rushers, we need Cornerbacks, we need a Free Safety, we need Tight Ends.

We don't need another Safety/ILB hybrid.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more. But it's a ground swell as far as buzz. Unless they think he's a LB?

He's not though. Just sayin.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose he could play SAM in a Tampa 2....

I don't even really like him as a Strong Safety here, because I have seen zero from him so far to think he can drop back in quarters. He's a pretty one dimensional SS. Great at what he does, but not someone to take in R1, and certainly much more scheme limited than the guy we already have.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said.

And we need playmakers too. How many career interceptions does this guy have again? I'll pass.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ALL wrong! According to the latest NFL Network mock we're taking the QB from ND at 30. LoL :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers makes no sense to me. He plays the same position as Sean Davis.

We need Edge Rushers, we need Cornerbacks, we need a Free Safety, we need Tight Ends.

We don't need another Safety/ILB hybrid.

Definitely need the positions you mentioned...I think we all know that. By hook or crook, the Steelers need to fix their 3rd DEF...they rank way too low getting off the field on 3rd...24th LY. Better pass rush would certain help, a better slot CB would as well. The other is LB coverage. As of now VW is projected to be the Buck LB...good in the run game, notably not good in the passing game.

A player that can play in the box, and cover TEs/RBs lieu of VW on 3rd down imo is a huge need.

They've gotta find edge pressure, CBs are deep in this draft, but if they play VW as a 3 dwn LB, the good teams are going to pick him apart. So they either need a 3 dwn ILB, or some pkg players...a skillset like Peppers would be a pkg player this season...starter at SS next yr, move Davis to FS, and Mitchell to another team.