• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then.

I just blew my wad on a gimpy has been corner. I really have nothing else to contribute gentleman.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medical advancements have made it more possible for players to make successful returns these days, but you also have to take into account the position he plays. We've seen WR's (Demaryius Thomas) & OLB's (Terrell Suggs) return from this injury, but RB's (Arian Foster, Mikel Leshoure) & DB's (Leon Hall maybe?) don't have a good track record of returning from it. WHich has a lot to do with what @SteelersPride said with the running & cutting abilities.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's possible. i wouldn't spend a high pick to find out though. odds are against it

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medical advancements have made it more possible for players to make successful returns these days, but you also have to take into account the position he plays. We've seen WR's (Demaryius Thomas) & OLB's (Terrell Suggs) return from this injury, but RB's (Arian Foster, Mikel Leshoure) & DB's (Leon Hall maybe?) don't have a good track record of returning from it. WHich has a lot to do with what @SteelersPride said with the running & cutting abilities.

Add Brett Grimes, CB to the fully recovered list...I thought he was done in ATL because what made him outside NFL caliber CB at 5'8" was his leaping ability ...went on the MIA, played well, and got another deal in Tampa.

Can't risk it early on the kid, but there's a good chance he can make it back.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean achilles are Able to be rehabbed but it's tough, and what level you come back at.
I know and we all know JJ is more than willing to take a chance on a high risk/high reward player early in the draft.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well son bech...

Still in the building and gets a job elsewhere... That's gotta be awkward. Oh well. Looks more & more like the Steelers are going to be investing draft picks in the position.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Jones signed with Pittsburgh West. He's their problem now.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this interesting... Apparently Mitchell doesn't feel the heat. Not surprising given his ego

You know what really Fuckin pisses me off to no end.....

All the me me me Fuckin egos on this damn team.
Back in the day Chuck and the Chin would not hesitate to take a mother fucker down a few pegs and they would do it quick. Tomlin allows this Shit to go on, and more times than not, these ego pricks end up costing the entire team.

:mad2:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back in the day Chuck and the Chin would not hesitate to take a mother fucker down a few pegs and they would do it quick. Tomlin allows this Shit to go on, and more times than not, these ego pricks end up costing the entire team.

Not to mention the vets in the lockerroom would always put them in their place. Under the Cowher era they were definitely known for drafting selfless, blue-collar, leadership type players. Now that all of those players are mostly gone the locker-room leadership has gone off the deep end. The only players that I can think of that Tomlin drafted that were remotely of the same type is Pouncey. But even that has more to do with him working directly with Ben all the time, because if you recall he had a few off-field fight incidents early on. I'd also say Tomlin could get credit for Foster but he was a UDFA.

I fear once Ben & Deebo leave its going to be all me-first types from then on out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well son bech...

Still in the building and gets a job elsewhere... That's gotta be awkward. Oh well. Looks more & more like the Steelers are going to be investing draft picks in the position.

Yes akward, and yes, draft lol.

What that tells me after 2 or 3 failed attempts...the Steelers want an experience CB (at their price) in case Golson breaks down again, Gay continues to flounder, they lose Cockrell, or depth.

It's no secret, they're not paying enough to get one of these guys...when they really want a player in FA (Mitchell, Green) they go harder after them and typically land them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All true and I hate it too. Tomlin is a softy when it comes to that, but I don't think Cowher would be able to control it much better now.

If I had to guess, that could be one reason he hasn't gotten back into the coaching game. The guaranteed money is too much to threaten players with getting cut like Parcells used to do, and most teams are not deep enough just to sit one of these assholes for a few games.

That said, I'm happy to see the players finally being paid comparable to other major sports, but I miss those days of the NFL where a HC had more power.

BB is the only guy out there with enough clout to say fuck it and just sit a player, or trade him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the drafting process. Picking prospects who exhibit the team-first, selfless values that you want. You don't need to beat it into a new players head. Just pick guys who are already receptive to the philosophy. Then you don't have to worry much about needing to cut a guy for ego.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the drafting process. Picking prospects who exhibit the team-first, selfless values that you want. You don't need to beat it into a new players head. Just pick guys who are already receptive to the philosophy. Then you don't have to worry much about needing to cut a guy for ego.
The problem is that the current generation (millennials) have been raised with an entitled attitude. Old school guys like Mean Joe Green and Jack Lambert who hated to lose and could motivate themselves and always put the team first are almost gone from the game. Debo is one of the few hold overs with that type of attitude. It's a problem not just in football but in the business world as well. And, there is no easy solution to this problem.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the current generation (millennials) have been raised with an entitled attitude. Old school guys like Mean Joe Green and Jack Lambert who hated to lose and could motivate themselves and always put the team first are almost gone from the game. Debo is one of the few hold overs with that type of attitude. It's a problem not just in football but in the business world as well. And, there is no easy solution to this problem.
I disagree. The same knucklehead me-first guys have always been there. And there are plenty of humble players with their heads on straight out there.

Some teams put up with them because they had crazy talent, like the old school Cowboys and Giants. Others didn't, like the dynasty Steelers up through Cowher, and Patriots.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true you can find guys that exhibit those team 1st qualities and it's something you certainly want. But at the end of the day, HC/GMs want to win...they look for that talent 1st. Coming out of college most of these kids are not acting a fool...it's when they achieve a little success at the pro level, and it's often a few positions...WR and CB are two notables.

That's why I'm a big fan of Julio Jones, this kid has a world of talent and he makes plays, works hard and wants to win badly, but he's as humble as they come...he's a rare breed at that position...Fitz in AZ was another one.