• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 COLLEGE QUARTERBACK RANKINGS

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everything I have heard from insiders insists it's Darnold (Brownsy move) including Browns beat guys and national guys. The Mayfield hype is fishing for trade offers from desperate teams, imo.
Of the four QBs talked about, Darnold and Mayfield are the two that would be best fit for the Browns IMHO. They seem a lot tougher between the ears and have enough moxie to embrace the challenge that is the Browns!

Rosen throws the best ball but he's too uppity for Cleveland. Allen's college competition is questioned but Ben, Romo, etal have proven that isn't much of a concern for many pros.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the best pro ends up being someone like Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, etc.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the four QBs talked about, Darnold and Mayfield are the two that would be best fit for the Browns IMHO. They seem a lot tougher between the ears and have enough moxie to embrace the challenge that is the Browns!

Rosen throws the best ball but he's too uppity for Cleveland. Allen's college competition is questioned but Ben, Romo, etal have proven that isn't much of a concern for many pros.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the best pro ends up being someone like Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, etc.
I mean, maybe I am biased with Rosen because of relatives who went to UCLA, but but I don't know how Darnold can be put over Rosen unless the reasoning is peripheral in nature.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more of a reminder of the bet. I still expect Cleveland to do the Brownsiest thing they can do and take Darnold.
They took the under 6 foot QB last time. So this time a 6'4" 225 lb one is the logical choice. They would get killed if they took Johnny football and then Mayfield and had the same result. Thats my thinking. So Allen or Darnold I think.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but if you don't have a great completion percentage playing against lower competition you most likely can't do it against fast defenders with tighter windows. Ben and Romo came from lower schools but they were very accurate in college.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, maybe I am biased with Rosen because of relatives who went to UCLA, but but I don't know how Darnold can be put over Rosen unless the reasoning is peripheral in nature.

The upside for Darnold is pretty high. Rosens a great QB already but he;s been hurt a few times in college missing lots of games and you need a durable QB. The best ability is availability.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upside for Darnold is pretty high. Rosens a great QB already but he;s been hurt a few times in college missing lots of games and you need a durable QB. The best ability is availability.
Darnold probably has a higher ceiling but a higher bust likelyhood as well. Browns should be trying to build up the skill positions and try and find a veteran journeyman type QB to start until they get more solid surroundings.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold probably has a higher ceiling but a higher bust likelyhood as well. Browns should be trying to build up the skill positions and try and find a veteran journeyman type QB to start until they get more solid surroundings.

I don't agree. I saw Darnold a few times in high school games. He played linebacker mostley his his first two years in HS and QB and LB the first time I saw him and the second time he was QB and just filled in at linebacker. He was actually getting looked at as just a linebacker when he was first offered. He's still learning the position. Rosens one of those kids who been playing QB since pop warner a with a personal QB coach since he was 14 hence the perfect delivery and footwork. Check out photos or Darnold the first year he played at USC . He still had a linebacker body and it wasn't till this last season did he have a QB body. The delivery isn't pretty but there are plenty of QBs with weird deliveries. He's going to be better and at his frame and athleticism he could play for many years.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. I saw Darnold a few times in high school games. He played linebacker mostley his his first two years in HS and QB and LB the first time I saw him and the second time he was QB and just filled in at linebacker. He was actually getting looked at as just a linebacker when he was first offered. He's still learning the position. Rosens one of those kids who been playing QB since pop warner a with a personal QB coach since he was 14 hence the perfect delivery and footwork. Check out photos or Darnold the first year he played at USC . He still had a linebacker body and it wasn't till this last season did he have a QB body. The delivery isn't pretty but there are plenty of QBs with weird deliveries. He's going to be better and at his frame and athleticism he could play for many years.
And far more often that quarterbacks with “weird deliveries” are complete busts.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number 1 pick in the draft shouldn’t be a project.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And far more often that quarterbacks with “weird deliveries” are complete busts.

It's not even that bad of a delivery. lol. He's 6'4" and has no issues throwing it over linemen. The only reason you worry about delivery is if it's not getting over linemen or it takes him too long to get rid of the ball and he's done great at getting rid of it. The ball protection he needs to work on for sure. He has things you can't teach. With Rosen you have a QB who couldn't stay healthy in college and you worry if he's a good leader. Darnolds teammates loved him and always felt that if the game was on the line they have a chance with him. That goes a long way.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even that bad of a delivery. lol. He's 6'4" and has no issues throwing it over linemen. The only reason you worry about delivery is if it's not getting over linemen or it takes him too long to get rid of the ball and he's done great at getting rid of it. The ball protection he needs to work on for sure. He has things you can't teach. With Rosen you have a QB who couldn't stay healthy in college and you worry if he's a good leader. Darnolds teammates loved him and always felt that if the game was on the line they have a chance with him. That goes a long way.
If you are the Browns who are working on your 30th QB this century and you have the number 1 pick, you shouldn’t take the chance with a “not that bad delivery”. Again I would go with Barkley at number 1 and find a serviceable veteran QB.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I believe a @SlinkyRedfoot AVI would be perfect.

WHO LOVES PECKERS, BABY?!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Darnold is over Rosen. Just don't see Rosen as a "fit" for some places. He's more slight of build than the others.

Which brings up a point I heard on XM yesterday. It seems those that follow it closely have seen a significant decline in offensive line protection in the NFL over the past few years. Escapeability is now seen as a necessity.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could go defense, choose Chubb first overall and pick a QB at #4.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clock starts today ... 4/26/18 ... and this avi is pure fvkn bs btw.
Would it make you feel any better that this is probably the less bad option? You are just lucky I am too lazy for photo shop.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it make you feel any better that this is probably the less bad option? You are just lucky I am too lazy for photo shop.
All I was going to give you was a pic of Chris Petersen ... with no writing on it. This is messed up.