• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah regular season is just like the playoffs. Come on you're better than that.

Maybe another avi bet, after I win the first one?

This is the Rockets year. Remember you told me that?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the most critical violation of Garbage Time 101 is the final possession. If the winning team has possession and the shot clock is turned off, players are expected to hold the ball. No three-pointer, no layup and especially no dunking. No exceptions.

Saric's dunk wasn't a 360 or a self-alley-oop. But in NBA garbage time, it was the ultimate form of bush league.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the most critical violation of Garbage Time 101 is the final possession. If the winning team has possession and the shot clock is turned off, players are expected to hold the ball. No three-pointer, no layup and especially no dunking. No exceptions.

Saric's dunk wasn't a 360 or a self-alley-oop. But in NBA garbage time, it was the ultimate form of bush league.

Also from the article :

Seconds after Cavs swingman Rodney Hood sailed in for an uncontested dunk, the Sixers sped through a light full-court press before breaking the NBA's unwritten sportsmanship rule.

If you are still trying, then the game continues.
If you want to quit, then don't try going for the ball.

If Cleveland allowed TJ to bring the ball across the half line, he would have done so and nothing else would have happened. But, they did try to get the ball, so is that considered bad sportsmanship?

What about the 3 pointer that Cleveland took after Saric dunked???

I'm pretty sure most players probably just roll their eyes when this happens.
If you need this as bulletin board material, so be it.

Besides, we need more Dario interviews.
The unintentional comedy is off the charts...

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also from the article :

Seconds after Cavs swingman Rodney Hood sailed in for an uncontested dunk, the Sixers sped through a light full-court press before breaking the NBA's unwritten sportsmanship rule.

If you are still trying, then the game continues.
If you want to quit, then don't try going for the ball.

If Cleveland allowed TJ to bring the ball across the half line, he would have done so and nothing else would have happened. But, they did try to get the ball, so is that considered bad sportsmanship?

What about the 3 pointer that Cleveland took after Saric dunked???

I'm pretty sure most players probably just roll their eyes when this happens.
If you need this as bulletin board material, so be it.

Besides, we need more Dario interviews.
The unintentional comedy is off the charts...
Last possession, game out of reach.

He should have held the ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last possession, game out of reach.

He should have held the ball.

I think this is all just so much nonsense. Clarkson was pissed about loss and lost his cool a little. He didn't go nuts. Just threw the ball into the back of Saric. Shouldn't have done that.

But to criticize Saric in that situation is kinda ridiculous. The Cavs literally just rushed down the court to score a quick layup. They put a light press on the Sixers which they broke and Saric finished with a really simply shoot around layup. If the Cavs were treating it like garbage time they shouldn't have gone for the quick layup. They shouldn't have done the lazy press. If the Cavs simply stop defending the Sixers probably don't move the ball down the court. So to complain about Saric not stopping AFTER that seems really silly to me.

Should Saric have laid up? Sure. But it hardly deserved notice much less Clarkson losing his shit.

Why not criticize Reddick for trying to break the press?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry, I’m a big Lakers fan, but I do not understand why the refs called a jump ball at the end. Even Stu Lantz said he never seen that call before. Like, somebody please explain to me.
Terrible new booty refs...SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:rant:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is all just so much nonsense. Clarkson was pissed about loss and lost his cool a little. He didn't go nuts. Just threw the ball into the back of Saric. Shouldn't have done that.

But to criticize Saric in that situation is kinda ridiculous. The Cavs literally just rushed down the court to score a quick layup. They put a light press on the Sixers which they broke and Saric finished with a really simply shoot around layup. If the Cavs were treating it like garbage time they shouldn't have gone for the quick layup. They shouldn't have done the lazy press. If the Cavs simply stop defending the Sixers probably don't move the ball down the court. So to complain about Saric not stopping AFTER that seems really silly to me.

Should Saric have laid up? Sure. But it hardly deserved notice much less Clarkson losing his shit.

Why not criticize Reddick for trying to break the press?
Yeah, Clarkson was being a sore loser, no doubt.

It's only being magnified to this degree because it was against the Cavs.

But, gmafb about Saric being criticized.

He's not the first, won't be the last.

Nobody is saying suspend him, just he shouldn't have done it.

Kevin Durant: Jordan Bell's dunk 'an incredible play, but...'

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh come on, Mecca. Are you seriously comparing that play to Jordan Bell showboating with a slam dunk contest dunk in a blowout?

Like I said, he probably shouldn't have done it. But this wasn't some laugher game. I realize that 8 points in 12 seconds is almost certainly a win but it's not like it's never happened...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on, Mecca. Are you seriously comparing that play to Jordan Bell showboating with a slam dunk contest dunk in a blowout?

Like I said, he probably shouldn't have done it. But this wasn't some laugher game. I realize that 8 points in 12 seconds is almost certainly a win but it's not like it's never happened...

Okay, I concede that point.

You are right, it was very different.

He shouldn't have taken a shot. But, he wasn't trying to embarrass anyone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I concede that point.

You are right, it was very different.

He shouldn't have taken a shot. But, he wasn't trying to embarrass anyone.

I have to say watching it live it really seemed like a normal run of the game when he did it. I honestly expected the Cavs to push the ball up the court immediately.

In retrospect I'd imagine that Saric would have pulled up rather than give the appearance that he was showing up the Cavs. But reporters suggesting it was some bush league move are just creating copy. If you watch Reddick in the video I get the sense that he was surprised that Saric finished the play but Embiid certainly didn't.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a lack of sportsmanship when a guy is salty from losing that he'd throw the ball at someone. Those types of things are what should be frowned upon & punishable by the league. There is ALWAYS going to be a losing team so technically every team would have a "reason" to lack sportsmanship if that's how this is going to be looked at.

If Clarkson was going to take it so personal then maybe he should've taken more responsibility when he had the opportunity to make a difference - earlier in the game. Guys have to learn to take accountability instead of looking for other reasons to lash out. It's not a good look for the league.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the formula for a Sixers win.
If Philly doesn't respond to the Miami physicality and playoff atmosphere, we could see 20+ TO again....

I would say that is still one of the biggest areas for Simmons to develop, outside of a jump shot. He needs to be more aggressive and mix it up a bit more.

It's not surprising that he isn't there yet as a rookie. But when he does do that, we will see him draw a LOT more fouls than he does now.