• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 EPL Season Thread

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, avatar-changing bad... I'd rather be associated with my non-playoff MLS team at the moment... LOL!!!

Bottom line is that our back line is atrocious and I'm not sure quite how that gets fixed... So in the meantime we need to score. Its funny, I remember when fans were excited that we got Ashley Williams, and now he is the face of all that is wrong with the defense... Crazy.

We paid 50 Million for Sigurdsson and Koeman insisted on playing him out wide, and now the Unsworth refuses to play him at all...

PUT HIM AT HIS POSITION PLEASE!!!

Then if you insist on Rooney, play him up top until he gets gassed (Should take all of 20-30 minutes) and put on Niasse or for the love of GAWD try Lookman?

At least Unsworth is giving us some pace out wide with Mirallas and Lennon, but Lennon really choked away a goal, like he was afraid to shoot...

Bunches of fans howling about how Everton is going to be relegated. I don't think that. Too much time left and too much talent to not scrape up enough points to at least get out of the bottom three, but we might just make it close.

Funny, I have Everton that had such high hopes and is fighting for their lives, and my alma mater Florida State at the football team starting at #3 in the country and looking like a dumpster fire. Seems like a theme here... :D

Everton had a tough early schedule. Next 5 or 6 are easier...including Leicester but that didn't work out. Looking at their schedule I would expect them to beat Crystal Palace, West Ham, and even Huddersfield (maybe). That is 12 points and that would get them out of the hole. Watford might be tough and Liverpool is probably a loss. Then there is Southhampton and Newcastle. Nice to split those. Midrange teams that can be up and down. Get them on a down day maybe.

OT: Florida State when their QB got hurt in Game 1 was the end. There are more problems there than that though. Sports in Bay Area sucks right now: Giants, A's, 49ers, Raiders all last. Thank God for the Warriors.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoroughly enjoyable "super sunday" of games from the EPL.

Had 5 of the top 6 playing and 4 of them going up against each other. In a pseudo surreal world, I found myself cheering for Man U...at least to get the tie, didn't want them to win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoroughly enjoyable "super sunday" of games from the EPL.

Had 5 of the top 6 playing and 4 of them going up against each other. In a pseudo surreal world, I found myself cheering for Man U...at least to get the tie, didn't want them to win.

Fuck city

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're up to 15th MF'ers!!! Watch out!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Moshiri wants Diego Simeone from Atletico Madrid...

Tweet from Graeme Baily is priceless:

Graeme Bailey‏Verified account @GraemeBailey 3h3 hours ago
Everton owner Farhad Moshiri's first choice is Diego Simeone - I don't know what is more stupid, him thinking that or him telling people...

LOL!!!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Moyes officially named manager of West Ham:
David Moyes appointed new West Ham United manager | West Ham United

It is a 6 month contract.

Heard that's what Everton would potentially LIKE to do with Allardyce, but his camp ain't goin' for it...

Honestly we need to either pick THE guy, or stick with Unsworth the rest of the way as caretaker... We're out of sorts, but truly don't believe we'll go down. Too much talent, even if it is all at midfield.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that's what Everton would potentially LIKE to do with Allardyce, but his camp ain't goin' for it...

Honestly we need to either pick THE guy, or stick with Unsworth the rest of the way as caretaker... We're out of sorts, but truly don't believe we'll go down. Too much talent, even if it is all at midfield.

So you think Everton can may a run of 5 straight wins up until they get to Liverpool? They bounced Watford (that is 1) and the next 4 games are Crystal Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Huddersfield. 2 of those are the dregs of the Premier League....that should be 6 points. If they split the other 2, that is 9 points and well out of regulation and approaching Top 10 at a minimum in the League. Let's hope so.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Everton can may a run of 5 straight wins up until they get to Liverpool? They bounced Watford (that is 1) and the next 4 games are Crystal Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Huddersfield. 2 of those are the dregs of the Premier League....that should be 6 points. If they split the other 2, that is 9 points and well out of regulation and approaching Top 10 at a minimum in the League. Let's hope so.

I figure at worst, we get 4 points, but my guess would be 7... Either West Ham or Southampton (or both) likely beat us...

Trained for very low expectations at this point, but yeah, SHOULD be 9 - 12 points.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't thrilled with hiring Moyes (though I do think he's unfairly maligned for his time at Sunderland). But he's been named so I'm willing to get behind him. Especially hearing this and seeing training videos. Seems one of the biggest problems was lack of discipline and low fitness.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only two really noteworthy games this weekend are:

Arsenal v Spurs (at The Emirates)- North London Derby, rivalry game, always good, will have repercussions on Champions League spots.

Watford v West Ham (at Vicarage Road) - David Moyes first game as manager at West Ham, so far it looks like he's done and said all the right things including revamping their training which was by all accounts pretty lax under Bilic.

Man United v Newcastle (at Old Trafford) could be good as well.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only two really noteworthy games this weekend are:

Arsenal v Spurs (at The Emirates)- North London Derby, rivalry game, always good, will have repercussions on Champions League spots.

Watford v West Ham (at Vicarage Road) - David Moyes first game as manager at West Ham, so far it looks like he's done and said all the right things including revamping their training which was by all accounts pretty lax under Bilic.

Man United v Newcastle (at Old Trafford) could be good as well.

What about Everton vs Crystal Palace? Payton's team hopefully gets an easy 3 points. Just saw an article posted a few minutes ago linking Simeone to Everton. He denies it but with Griezemann potentially leaving he may have a wandering eye to a new location himself.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Everton vs Crystal Palace? Payton's team hopefully gets an easy 3 points. Just saw an article posted a few minutes ago linking Simeone to Everton. He denies it but with Griezemann potentially leaving he may have a wandering eye to a new location himself.
Simeone would never go to Everton. If anything, he'll go to Inter or Lazio. I think the only way he'd go to the EPL is if Arsenal or Liverpool opened up, since ManU, Man City, Chelsea, ans Spurs seem set for a while with their coaches

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about a hard fought 1 point. Geez!

Fingers crossed on Simeone... Tough to imagine anything good happening to this team though... LOL

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a hard fought 1 point. Geez!

Fingers crossed on Simeone... Tough to imagine anything good happening to this team though... LOL

I was disappointed when I heard the 2-2 score. After they beat Watford I was expecting a 3 point result. I think they just have to stay out of regulation this year and re-evaluate the roster at Winter break...but definitely next summer. At least they spend money....just not the money the right away. I heard a comment on their midfield: a combination of fat and slow AND old and slow.

I heard on the Football Show this morning that Man City spent 300 million Euros this offseason and Napoli in Serie A only 10 million Euros. Hard to believe looking at Napoli results this season. It is not always about the money, but how and who you spend it on. I can see with my team Bayern their record signing for Tolisso appears to be a bust.