• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 EPL Season Thread

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal showing saturday, but at least Spurs bounced back today.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal showing saturday, but at least Spurs bounced back today.

Another bad showing by the Spurs today tieing vs West Brom. Not good. Maybe they aren't that good. Funny how they are ripping through UCL but maybe the UCL Group not as strong as we thought originally. Dortmund is a pile of crap and Real Madrid has been so so this year so far.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High drama in this Arsenal/Burnley game. Arsenal awarded a penalty in the 91st minute and Sanchez nails it.

1-0 Arsenal win

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huddersfield leading Man City at halftime. That can't last but they already took down Man United this year. That would be a shocker if they can deny a result from both those teams this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huddersfield leading Man City at halftime. That can't last but they already took down Man United this year. That would be a shocker if they can deny a result from both those teams this year.

Ended up losing 2-1. They played well. Could have had a draw. City scored the late goal

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gawd Everton blows!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously thinking they'll get relegated

I had really tbought it nor possible with some of the talent on tbe roster. Figured we'd accidentally win enough to stay up, but clearly this rudderless ship has run aground.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bad showing by the Spurs today tieing vs West Brom. Not good. Maybe they aren't that good. Funny how they are ripping through UCL but maybe the UCL Group not as strong as we thought originally. Dortmund is a pile of crap and Real Madrid has been so so this year so far.

Yeah, Spurs are having a funky season. Play great in UCL, then lay a turd vs a mediocre team in the EPL (they barely squeaked by Crystal Palace after beating Madrid last month).

Safe to say any designs they had on winning the league are well out the window now. MC is way too far ahead. Gotta regroup and focus on top 4 and finishing ahead of Arsenal (who are playing well recently) now.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously thinking they'll get relegated

I had really tbought it nor possible with some of the talent on tbe roster. Figured we'd accidentally win enough to stay up, but clearly this rudderless ship has run aground.

They've got a few guys coming back to fitness that should help the squad...but man, we're seeing total giveup before xmas. I thought they would be worse w/o Lukaku, but it's not even close right now.

They should get a decent amount of $$ from selling Barkley in the winter, so they should be able to get some help in there for next season. This one is down the drain already.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got a few guys coming back to fitness that should help the squad...but man, we're seeing total giveup before xmas. I thought they would be worse w/o Lukaku, but it's not even close right now.

They should get a decent amount of $$ from selling Barkley in the winter, so they should be able to get some help in there for next season. This one is down the drain already.

Well right... The club has one goal right now, and that is to stay up... Sad and pathetic for a team that had European aspirations.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right... The club has one goal right now, and that is to stay up... Sad and pathetic for a team that had European aspirations.

Yeah, let down season of the highest order. I remember in the offseason how pundits were saying what a great transfer window Everton had. :noidea:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lukaku move reminds me of F.C. Cologne. Anthony Modeste moves on to China and the wheels come off.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lukaku move reminds me of F.C. Cologne. Anthony Modeste moves on to China and the wheels come off.

Don't know how the Cologne move all came about, but Everton had PLENTY of time to prepare for Lukaku leaving and to decide how to spend the financial windfall that would come from it. How we got here from there is mind boggling to me... Didn't even need to replace Rom with a top striker, but just a good one would have been fine.

Heard it said also that Everton essentially inherited Man U's problems with Rooney, as now we have an icon of English football that folks want to see play who is a liability out on the pitch...

Tough times.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how the Cologne move all came about, but Everton had PLENTY of time to prepare for Lukaku leaving and to decide how to spend the financial windfall that would come from it. How we got here from there is mind boggling to me... Didn't even need to replace Rom with a top striker, but just a good one would have been fine.

Heard it said also that Everton essentially inherited Man U's problems with Rooney, as now we have an icon of English football that folks want to see play who is a liability out on the pitch...

Tough times.

Rooney was a nostalgia signing correct? He started at Everton...but now his best days are behind him IMO.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooney was a nostalgia signing correct? He started at Everton...but now his best days are behind him IMO.

Yeah, it was to a big degree... But also think that it has us in a bit of a pickle with what to do with him. Nobody wants to be in that position to tell the aging super star that he simply doesn't have it any more...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnnnnnnd all reports seem to be saying that we're bringing in Allardyce... It has apparently gotten that desperate...

I'll reserve judgement, but this is embarrassing IMO. We could have had him a month ago if that is what we wanted to do.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnnnnnnd all reports seem to be saying that we're bringing in Allardyce... It has apparently gotten that desperate...

I'll reserve judgement, but this is embarrassing IMO. We could have had him a month ago if that is what we wanted to do.

Well, i guess the good news is with Big Sam, you won't get relegated since that's his specialty.