• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Champions League

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive result for Spurs today. Getting a big win vs Dortmund and doing it at Wembly. Should be great for the club's confidence.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive result for Spurs today. Getting a big win vs Dortmund and doing it at Wembly. Should be great for the club's confidence.

Not a great day for the Germans today. Leipzig held to a draw at home (welcome to European football RBL) and Dortmund taking their lumps at Wembly. I see the Spurs played a counter attacking style and worked to perfection. Great day for England, all won, except Liverpool but they still got a result too.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FS1 & 2 have 2 of the 3 German Europa League matches opposite each other. Thankfully the guide on my TV says the Koln match is getting replayed, so I'll be watching the Hertha match.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate the Yids but that Son goal was fantastic. Also a huge Harry Kane fan. I'm okay if they do well in Europe if that means doing bad domestically ;)

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the Yids but that Son goal was fantastic. Also a huge Harry Kane fan. I'm okay if they do well in Europe if that means doing bad domestically ;)

ae4c3b06e04de74b8bf0c472eaf6d79e0314280b5e7aa22c2486af79f1c4d9b2.jpg

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great day for the Germans today. Leipzig held to a draw at home (welcome to European football RBL) and Dortmund taking their lumps at Wembly. I see the Spurs played a counter attacking style and worked to perfection. Great day for England, all won, except Liverpool but they still got a result too.

It was a bit of a surprise to see Spurs employ that tactic. They're typically a high pressing squad that likes to keep pressure up on the ball and dominate possession. They did some of that in the 2nd half, but the first half they mostly sat back and countered. It worked well, but not their typical style.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bit of a surprise to see Spurs employ that tactic. They're typically a high pressing squad that likes to keep pressure up on the ball and dominate possession. They did some of that in the 2nd half, but the first half they mostly sat back and countered. It worked well, but not their typical style.

I'm sure the two disallowed BvB goals helped a bit. That being said, I hope Spurs can do the same when they play RM. And like him or not, Kane is a beast when it comes to scoring goals, I'll be surprised if he's still at Spurs much longer.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the two disallowed BvB goals helped a bit. That being said, I hope Spurs can do the same when they play RM. And like him or not, Kane is a beast when it comes to scoring goals, I'll be surprised if he's still at Spurs much longer.

He's not going to be leaving Spurs unless they get hit with a Neymar-sized offer. Spurs have their new 60k+ seat stadium going up next year that will host a few NFL games a year in addition to concerts and of course soccer matches. They'll be upping their salary schedule with all that additional income.

As for the goals disallowed, the first one definitely should have been disallowed. The offsides player made an attempt at the ball. The one in the 2nd half was a terrible call and should have stood...but thems the breaks in sports sometimes.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to be leaving Spurs unless they get hit with a Neymar-sized offer. Spurs have their new 60k+ seat stadium going up next year that will host a few NFL games a year in addition to concerts and of course soccer matches. They'll be upping their salary schedule with all that additional income.

As for the goals disallowed, the first one definitely should have been disallowed. The offsides player made an attempt at the ball. The one in the 2nd half was a terrible call and should have stood...but thems the breaks in sports sometimes.

Dele Alli is a player who is going to try to make a move out of there I heard though and I heard he may get a big offer...a Neymar sized offer.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dele Alli is a player who is going to try to make a move out of there I heard though and I heard he may get a big offer...a Neymar sized offer.

Both he and Kane are relatively untouchable, but if someone offers $200M, it's hard to turn down.

I can pretty confidently say that if either leaves, it won't be to an english side. Real Madrid or Barca seem like the two possibilities.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both he and Kane are relatively untouchable, but if someone offers $200M, it's hard to turn down.

I can pretty confidently say that if either leaves, it won't be to an english side. Real Madrid or Barca seem like the two possibilities.

Siriusxm has soccer channel number 85 that is devoted to just soccer...a lot of soccer talk shows when they don't broadcast games. I listen during my commutes. Yesterday morning on their football show I heard the Dele Alli rumor. They were comparing Alli versus Pulisic. All felt Alli had a bigger upside and was going to get a big transfer offer from somewhere.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siriusxm has soccer channel number 85 that is devoted to just soccer...a lot of soccer talk shows when they don't broadcast games. I listen during my commutes. Yesterday morning on their football show I heard the Dele Alli rumor. They were comparing Alli versus Pulisic. All felt Alli had a bigger upside and was going to get a big transfer offer from somewhere.

It's possible. I know the spanish giants have expressed interest in him, but Levy isn't willing to part with any of their core players for any kind of deal except something outrageous that they simply cannot pass on. They're gonna want to hang on to star power to sell out that new stadium.

I would absolutely love to get Pulisic in at Tottenham.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. I know the spanish giants have expressed interest in him, but Levy isn't willing to part with any of their core players for any kind of deal except something outrageous that they simply cannot pass on. They're gonna want to hang on to star power to sell out that new stadium.

I would absolutely love to get Pulisic in at Tottenham.

He is having a bit of hard spell now. Guy is a bit slight in stature and has the weight of the world on him with the USA and now Dortmund with all the injuries. He blew a lot of opportunities yesterday...but remember he is only 18 and playing top minutes in a top flight Bundesliga team. A lot to ask of an 18 year old. Let's see where he is at 21 when he fills out a bit. I hope you are right about keeping Kane and Alli but I heard the Spurs owner has a strict salary structure there. Maybe he bends with the new stadium revenue.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one at Spurs is untouchable, if the right offer comes in Levy will take it, or the players will ask to leave eventually. Don't think Levy will suddenly up their salary scale, that's not how he operates. And as far as the extra income, most of that will go to pay for that new stadium, even though the NFL footed part of it, it's not like here where taxpayers pay for stadiums. Although I think they are better managed (both on the pitch and in the back office) I think Spurs will be a bit like Arsenal when they basically capped what they'd spend on player (transfer fees and salaries) and most of their extra income from the Stadium and UCL went to pay off The Emirates stadium, even to the point where they sold top players like Van Persie.

I do agree that either would go outside of the EPL, RM, Barca, etc. Could also see them going to either Inter or Milan since both have new owners with deep pockets who want to bring them back to what they used to be.