• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Spring Ball Thread

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tommy would be fine if the offense was built to fit his strength. The coaches are gonna have to swallow their ego and love for then pro style and go to a run base spread that doesn't put pressure on Tommy arm/passing skills. Michigan didn't with Robison don't see why we can till Tommy graduates

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tommy would be fine if the offense was built to fit his strength. The coaches are gonna have to swallow their ego and love for then pro style and go to a run base spread that doesn't put pressure on Tommy arm/passing skills. Michigan didn't with Robison don't see why we can till Tommy graduates

I agree with you. However, I don't see how they can. Tommy is just one guy in his last season. There are dozens of underclassmen on offense that need to learn their positions for 2017 and beyond. I've only watched about 10 minutes of the spring scrimmage, but there was some zone read in that first few minutes. Not sure about the rest. I could be wrong in my thoughts, but I can't see running a primary zone read only to re-tool the entire offense the following season to fit what they're recruiting now.

I expect one more 'throw away season' with everyone knowing their jobs a little bit better. Probably 7 or 8 wins. That's just taking the offense into consideration. The defense is another matter of it's own.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then what happens next year when the QB is not Spread option qb? Change the entire offense to suit him?

There are ways to take advantage of Tommy's strengths without getting away from the offense these coaches know and use. I think we'll see that the coaches have learned how to do that this year. I'm sure they have never had a guy who could run like Tommy does, so it has been a whole new concept for them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see a better overall team to finish 2016. Something we rarely (if ever) saw under bopleeny.
They would consistently finish 50% or worse.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see some titties.

Can somebody post some titties?

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what happens next year when the QB is not Spread option qb? Change the entire offense to suit him?

There are ways to take advantage of Tommy's strengths without getting away from the offense these coaches know and use. I think we'll see that the coaches have learned how to do that this year. I'm sure they have never had a guy who could run like Tommy does, so it has been a whole new concept for them.

I'm not saying ditch the whole offense but playing and setting up play that will help hide Armstrong weakneas. It's not like a spread base is foreign this is still majority bo players . Just trying to get the best out of a qb that isn't built flr a pro or west coast style . As for next year the qbs they are recruiting are already buit for the style MR wants so shouldn't be that much of an issue

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying ditch the whole offense but playing and setting up play that will help hide Armstrong weakneas. It's not like a spread base is foreign this is still majority bo players . Just trying to get the best out of a qb that isn't built flr a pro or west coast style . As for next year the qbs they are recruiting are already buit for the style MR wants so shouldn't be that much of an issue
Is not just about the qb. There are a lot of kids who will be playing long after TA is gone. Running an offense designed for Tommy will put everyone else behind when next year rolls around. We've seen a good bit of plays that are run to take advantage of Tommy's running skills. I'll give the coaches the benefit of the doubt when it comes to figuring out the best way to make the offense to this year.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is not just about the qb. There are a lot of kids who will be playing long after TA is gone. Running an offense designed for Tommy will put everyone else behind when next year rolls around. We've seen a good bit of plays that are run to take advantage of Tommy's running skills. I'll give the coaches the benefit of the doubt when it comes to figuring out the best way to make the offense to this year.

I'm not saying handcuff the O. But how we call the bowl was wonderful compared season wise. The coaches from what article are saying are seeing that they are gonna have to tweak or find a middle ground they don't stop development but still get the best out of TA.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin hell Tom, that's the worst thing I've seen since buck angel

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying handcuff the O. But how we call the bowl was wonderful compared season wise. The coaches from what article are saying are seeing that they are gonna have to tweak or find a middle ground they don't stop development but still get the best out of TA.
We cannot run the ball 75% of the time like we did in the bowl game, at least if we want to have the chance to play in a bowl game this year. That was a function of our opponent and the success we were able to have on the ground. We won't face many defenses this year that would let us do that.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line with TA, is that in order to be a true "dual threat" you need to throw the ball just as well as you can run it. I think we all can agree on which is his strength and which is his weakness. At his worst, he's purely a zone-read running QB, but sometimes we've seen him uncharacteristically playing like a true dual-threat. Of course they need to use his running ability to the maximum, but why waste the talent we have at WR? And why not help develop him better as a passer? He has one of the best coaching combos for QBs at his disposal. There are some that think the hype going around about our WRs being quite possibly the best group in the big ten is exaggerated, but I actually think they're right up there to be honest. If they just run, run, run..... We'll become way too predictable and we'll be setting up our future offenses in the years to come for failure. The growth we'll see by incorporating a heavier passing game NOW will pay off huge in the long term and may just get us somewhere we didn't expect in the short term. Of course there will be bumps along the way.

Also, with the thinning of our D-Line, I hate to say it, but we might see ourselves playing from behind or at least trying to keep ahead in shootouts.... Which means more passing of course. I think the theme for Langsdorf and Riley is balance.... Any championship caliber team is as balanced as they come. We beat UCLA by pounding the rock against an injury plagued defense. There's NO possible way we just walk into a Big Ten championship or BCS bowl and expect to just run the ball at will. It just won't happen. College football hasn't been that way since Nebraska was in its prime, and there's a reason for that. The times have changed.... Offenses and defenses are WAY more sophisticated than they used to be. You can't be JUST a dump truck, or JUST a Ferrari, and expect to beat a stellar defense.

A rebuild with a new coach, especially with recruits that were drawn in for a totally different scheme, is not going to happen overnight. I think we'll trend toward that 9-win mark that were so used to this year, but the real results will come soon after. I was originally very skeptical about the new staff but am quickly changing my mind without having unrealistic expectations.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cannot run the ball 75% of the time like we did in the bowl game, at least if we want to have the chance to play in a bowl game this year. That was a function of our opponent and the success we were able to have on the ground. We won't face many defenses this year that would let us do that.

And I understand ucla defense was ravaged we took advantage of it . We also have talented wr so I'm not saying go all lsu and only pound rock. I said spread because we still can use our versatile wr and to. TA running threat is also a viable weapon and he looked like he got faster. Even the coaches know they won't be able to go full tilt in their offense because of certain setbacks.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You don't know shit about what happened. You are free to be a moron about football but defaming a college kid who was wrongly accused is bullshit.

The morons are the people who aren't wondering what truly happened at Tommy's house.

Also, you're reading comprehension needs some work. All I said was something was swept under the rug, I didn't say Tommy was the rapist.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he raped a woman, and I don't believe he did, but what was the whole story with that? Who actually did the r*pe?

Nobody raped.

It was some bitch trying to get attention by using football players to get in the spotlight.