• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of stock falling...

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Was heavily speculated Yakupov would get moved on day 2, but nothing yet. Oilers wanted a prospect of some sort, likely only picks offered

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks for matty phillps. Kid has all the talent and proved he can go. Just a little too small

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs have taken a few overagers, I wouldn't be surprised if they think they're seeing an inefficiency there.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude on nhl network just said chase priskie played in the bchl for "salmon river" :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol it was brian boucher who said it :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has the cap finally killed the trade deadline day and draft day, for big trades? What a dissapointing weekend.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, Jesse knows some English after all (lol)

He doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on recent history, though. :thumb:

He knows almost no English, I think this was just a language issue. He's trying to compliment his new home, but doesn't understand the complexities of backhanded slaps in the English language. I'm not concerned.

And if he does fully understand what he said, well... fuck his attitude. Boll will slot in that game. :P

You guys practically stole Abramov, so that should help offset any disappointment with #3.

Stoked on that one. Also a bit interested in this big, mean defender Peeke as well. Might be replacing Savard right around the time that Savard's deal is buyoutable.

And I am feeling a lot better about Dubois. Can put up huge points, doesn't seem to the typical "finesse first" QMJHL Center, not afraid to make his own space. Plus he'll back check. My initial displeasure was more around the fact that Puljujarvi would automatically be in the top three most talented Jackets of all time (Federov notwithstanding). And it would put us in a position to move guys like Rychel, Milano and Atkinson to get a top center.

So Dubois might not be our top center this year. But he will be eventually. And we still have Rychel, Milano and Atkinson. Two of which just won a championship together.

Time to buy out Tyutin and Clarkson, get Jones signed and open camp.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy Matty

Darren Haynes ‏@DarrenWHaynes
At No. 166, same pick the #Flames used to draft Theoren Fleury and Andrew Mangiapane, they select 5-foot-6 dynamo Matthew Phillips. #Karma

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this guy too.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He knows almost no English, I think this was just a language issue. He's trying to compliment his new home, but doesn't understand the complexities of backhanded slaps in the English language. I'm not concerned.

And if he does fully understand what he said, well... fuck his attitude. Boll will slot in that game. :P

Stoked on that one. Also a bit interested in this big, mean defender Peeke as well. Might be replacing Savard right around the time that Savard's deal is buyoutable.

And I am feeling a lot better about Dubois. Can put up huge points, doesn't seem to the typical "finesse first" QMJHL Center, not afraid to make his own space. Plus he'll back check. My initial displeasure was more around the fact that Puljujarvi would automatically be in the top three most talented Jackets of all time (Federov notwithstanding). And it would put us in a position to move guys like Rychel, Milano and Atkinson to get a top center.

So Dubois might not be our top center this year. But he will be eventually. And we still have Rychel, Milano and Atkinson. Two of which just won a championship together.

That doesn't seem like a very reasonable expectation to me, so maybe the plan they chose wasn't such a bad one.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 bchlers in the top 20 was impressive

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah......................

Rycherl just got traded