• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harrington won't crack the Jackets lineup. But then again, Kerby probably wasn't going to either because he'd likely be an expansion draft issue.

Wishing Kerby all the luck in the world in TO. Just an odd man out. Lost his spot in the team through no fault of his.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrington won't crack the Jackets lineup. But then again, Kerby probably wasn't going to either because he'd likely be an expansion draft issue.

Wishing Kerby all the luck in the world in TO. Just an odd man out. Lost his spot in the team through no fault of his.

The condition is that if they assign Harrignton and he doesn't clear waivers, the Jackets get a fifth. Maybe the buyouts are Johnson and Tyutin, and Harrington is a warm body.

And the organization wasn't terribly impressed with Rychel.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Geez, if it weren't bad enough for Tyler Benson with his injury issues in junior, now he's been chosen by the Oilers. Sorry about your luck, kid.

/I guess the Oil are happy with their crappy defense corps.
He's an Edmonton kid. Good for him.

Vancouver has done it's best to ruin him, but Edmonton still has some work to do
ClzWqE6WAAA_G2i.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...what'd I miss while at a very important conference (it absolutely wasn't just a reason to drink a lot and be with my friends, nope.)?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...what'd I miss while at a very important conference (it absolutely wasn't just a reason to drink a lot and be with my friends, nope.)?

1) Jim Benning got fined for answering a reporter's question about free agents he was interested in, but he made up for it by walking up to the podium and selecting the one player on the board he didn't need to improve his team.
2) Calgary got a Tkachuk and a goalie (via trade)
3) Edmonton, by virtue of losing the lottery, won when Jesse Puljujarvi fell to them.
4) Apparently every youth player in St Louis was drafted.
5) Jarmo Kekeleinen didn't trade anyone at the table and asked a Terminator to pick for him. The Terminator chose a center. Not Puljujarvi.
6) Everyone who congratulated the Penguins got booed mercilessly.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Calgary got a Tkachuk and a goalie (via trade)

I think Young Tkachuk will definitely get his 9 NHL games this season at which point a decision will have to be made. As for acquiring Elliott, it's a great move because he's got one year left at 2.5 million. He'll want to prove himself to cash in on his next contract, but if he doesn't work out, the expansion draft will expose some pretty good goalies as well.