• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015...Your Early Thoughts

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fellas (RIP Midnight...the DB character, hopefully she's alive and kicking)...the preseason is effectively over for the starters...the game tonight is for the fringe guys. Chick is one guy a lot of people are rooting for.

Generally speaking I expected the DEF to be further along. I have to think they will improve a great deal from game one to game two in terms of just getting past the 1st game gitters...you can trust that McDaniels is going to work the deep seam against them and make them prove they can stop it.

The optimist in me thinks 11 wins is still possible...the way the schedule is shaped...if Brady doesn't play...they will probably be the favorite in the 1st 6 games...if they can get through there 5-1...11 wins is really feasible, but the end of the season is a bear.

AFCN

Hard to project much from preseason, but my thoughts from LY to date.

BAL...they get back their key CBs...DL imo is always tough but Ngata was a special player...LBs are getting older on the edge, but overall still good inside and outside...the DEF will be solid...another new OC, replacing Torrey Smith/Pita with rookies, solid OL and Forsett is productive, you can't help but think the OFC is going to take a few games to get going.

The Ravens don't look sexy on paper but they are always in the mix in the end, this year will be no different...a split is always good vs them.

CIN...almost a 180 of BAL...imo the Bengals OL is not as good as maybe the national media thinks, but they are good and on paper every year it looks like the Bengals should win the DIV...they get a top shelf DE back in Johnson...Burfict is starting the season on the PUP list...that's a blow, quietly he might top five ranked LB in the game...same question every year...Dalton. The Bengals have 11 win talent...Dalton will squeeze 9 to 10 wins out of them.

CLE...The Browns did the right thing when it was the year to take a risk...they took Shelton NT, @ 12 so they knew Taylor was probably not going to make it...smart move...but instead of building off what Hoyer did and getting him legit deep threat WR...they spent the 2nd 1st rd pick on a C/G...adding a speedy young guy like Phillip Dorsett to Bowe, Hartline & Hawkins for Hoyer would have at least given the impression you are building something.

They wack Hoyer in favor of McCown?...they seriously cannot think McCown is better than Hoyer. Spinning their wheels in mud imo...Browns will again be tough on DEF, but might not be as good on OFC this year...top 10 '16 draft spot again imo.

PIT - 11-5, 3 seed due to h-t-h win over NE
CIN - 10-6, 5 seed
BAL - 10-6, 6 seed
CLE - 6-10

Looking forward to it guys!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the optimism but our d looks so bad

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... After the game tonight I'm going to have to hit the refresh button on the ol' noodle and give myself the night to build some sort of optimism about the defense again lol.

I'll post when I have something positive to say. :tsk:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the optimism but our d looks so bad

Ugh... After the game tonight I'm going to have to hit the refresh button on the ol' noodle and give myself the night to build some sort of optimism about the defense again lol.

I'll post when I have something positive to say. :tsk:

They were not kidding when they said this would be hard for Steeler fans to handle....

when they told us we would have possibly the strongest offense in the NFL this year and the shittiest D.....
Looks like it's very close to that!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were not kidding when they said this would be hard for Steeler fans to handle....

when they told us we would have possibly the strongest offense in the NFL this year and the shittiest D.....
Looks like it's very close to that!!!!

At least that part in bold looks true...but...I'm keeping the positive spin on things because only 2 starters played at all last night I think.

Honestly, I'm hopeful, but I do not feel great about game 1, I can see the secondary getting torched unless Butler can knock Brady around.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I originally predicted 11 wins? I'm going to have to take 1 game off of that and say PIT finishes at 10-6. The offense will carry this team, and I have a feeling we are going to be in for some disappointments along the way. I could very easily say this is a 9-7 team judging by the schedule. But I'll stick with 10-6.

AFCN

CIN... I think this is the team that will be on top in the end. Still the most rounded group in the division. Of course, Dalton is the question mark. I expect big things from Jeremy Hill.

BAL... Their offense isn't anything flashy, but they have the nuts & bolts to assemble a formidable offense. Their defense looks like PIT's in a way. Terrible secondary but decent LB's and d-line. Still the best edge rushers in the division.

PIT... Best offense in the division, but the worst defense. Offense has the ability to carry but it will need to put up at least 30-40 per game to win. I am confident enough in the defense to think that they can provide some splash plays here and there to give the offense more chances.

CLE... Still waiting for them to turn the corner. I'd say they have the best defense in the division. Their offense is far from scary, but they have been making better decisions with their drafting as of late. If Josh Gordon wasn't suspended for the year I would say this team was ready to make a decent run at a wild card bid. As always, the QB position is the biggest question mark.

CIN... 11-5
PIT... 10-6
BAL... 10-6
CLE... 6-10

I originally predicted Cincy to take a step back this year. But I think it might be another year, and another playoff loss before that happens. PIT & BAL will both need their defenses to step up in a big way if they want to be competitive down the stretch. I don't think PIT will make it very far if their defense doesn't sort itself out in a hurry.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I originally predicted 11 wins? I'm going to have to take 1 game off of that and say PIT finishes at 10-6. The offense will carry this team, and I have a feeling we are going to be in for some disappointments along the way. I could very easily say this is a 9-7 team judging by the schedule. But I'll stick with 10-6.

AFCN

CIN... I think this is the team that will be on top in the end. Still the most rounded group in the division. Of course, Dalton is the question mark. I expect big things from Jeremy Hill.

BAL... Their offense isn't anything flashy, but they have the nuts & bolts to assemble a formidable offense. Their defense looks like PIT's in a way. Terrible secondary but decent LB's and d-line. Still the best edge rushers in the division.

PIT... Best offense in the division, but the worst defense. Offense has the ability to carry but it will need to put up at least 30-40 per game to win. I am confident enough in the defense to think that they can provide some splash plays here and there to give the offense more chances.

CLE... Still waiting for them to turn the corner. I'd say they have the best defense in the division. Their offense is far from scary, but they have been making better decisions with their drafting as of late. If Josh Gordon wasn't suspended for the year I would say this team was ready to make a decent run at a wild card bid. As always, the QB position is the biggest question mark.

CIN... 11-5
PIT... 10-6
BAL... 10-6
CLE... 6-10

I originally predicted Cincy to take a step back this year. But I think it might be another year, and another playoff loss before that happens. PIT & BAL will both need their defenses to step up in a big way if they want to be competitive down the stretch. I don't think PIT will make it very far if their defense doesn't sort itself out in a hurry.

AFCN

CIN... 11-5
PIT... 10-6
BAL... 10-6
CLE... 6-10

It has not been pretty...and I don't have a good reason to be optimistic about 11 wins...10 is probably more like it and I too can see a 9-7 from this squad if we get the seemingly traditional lose to a non playoff team that Tomlin has created.

But...just thinking out loud.

@NE, KC, SEA, BAL...they can win in BAL, but these look like Ls right now...Colts and Broncos at home...say you split those and split with CIN...there's your 10-6.

Not a Tomlin trait of late, but imo the team needs to start fast...the 1st 6 games they can't be 3-3. and go to the playoffs.

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We usually stink in the preseason, but I'm concerned about the D. Let's hope Butler can light a fire under these guys! HERE WE GO!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looked terrible, but it was only preseason.

Not particularly happy that Doran Grant was just cut and Will Allen is the starting safety. I really don't understand this team's proclivity to cut, and bury, it's own draft picks for dime a dozen vets.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense will be awesome but will have its moments of sputtering. Defense will suck, will give up lots of points. With this schedule, I see 8 wins

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense will be awesome but will have its moments of sputtering. Defense will suck, will give up lots of points. With this schedule, I see 8 wins

Hate to say this, but you may have the most realistic projection...especially if they're not at least 4-2 after 6. Last 6 or 7 games are very tough.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looked terrible, but it was only preseason.

Not particularly happy that Doran Grant was just cut and Will Allen is the starting safety. I really don't understand this team's proclivity to cut, and bury, it's own draft picks for dime a dozen vets.

A little baffling to me as well on Grant...he cleared waivers as did Chickillo. We know it was a numbers game, and maybe they felt like they could get them both thru waivers and onto the PS...idk...but for a team needing youth on the back end this is telling...I wonder if Cockrell sticks...I think he was on their radar in '14 draft.

S.Thomas...this is not shocking based on Allen getting the nod over a healthy Shark LY...but, if Allen is still considered the best option @ FS...I think it's safe to say FS will be high on the need list next draft.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least that part in bold looks true...but...I'm keeping the positive spin on things because only 2 starters played at all last night I think.

Honestly, I'm hopeful, but I do not feel great about game 1, I can see the secondary getting torched unless Butler can knock Brady around.

with some luck Brady will be as confused with our D as the guys that are playing on it are!!!!

:lol:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see what happens .. but I do have enough money saved up to purchase a new tv just in case a beer bottle goes through the old one during the game

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, one positive note.

Given the current situation, if Harrison happens to body slam Plays-in-a-Dress head-first into the turf, I don't see Good-dull fining or suspending him for it...for once.