• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015...Your Early Thoughts

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot! I was right about the 10-6!

I picked 11-5, but was at least smart enough to agree with you.

I didn't see BAL falling off the map to that degree, but losing Flacco gave them no hope after the bad start which I did see coming on OFC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked 11-5, but was at least smart enough to agree with you.

I didn't see BAL falling off the map to that degree, but losing Flacco gave them no hope after the bad start which I did see coming on OFC.
I don't think anybody could have seen BAL's collapse coming... Devastated by injuries on both sides of the ball

I got the AFCN standings correct, but the records for BAL & CLE were way off.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody could have seen BAL's collapse coming... Devastated by injuries on both sides of the ball

I got the AFCN standings correct, but the records for BAL & CLE were way off.

BAL...the most surprising was the DEF falling off...they truly take the Steelers rivalry to heart and seem to find a way to compete regardless of who is on the field...you have to respect that... with only 1 proven WR coming back and everybody else being relatively new I figured the OFC would struggle early but thought the D would keep them in enough games until they found some consistency...never happened.

CLE...we knew that was a train wreck, but 3 wins? imo Pettine was not a bad HC, but the organization is simply dysfunctional in the FO...dredging up a retread that's really never been OVER your 1st Rd pick QB...granted. JM should not have been the QB taken, but it looks as if they are moving on from both HC and GM again and most likely breaking in another QB. Moddell taking Ozzie was the biggest loss of all from the old Browns regime...it haunts them year after year in the draft.

AFC overall

Jets were better than expected...clearly Fitz was not comfortable in the weather yesterday...arm strength was a factor...he struggled against the wind and BUF won the toss and conceded the ball to them against the wind...1 & 4 Q.

IND
was never as good as advertised, not on DEF...NE just continue to post dbl digit win seasons...I'm not sure if they are healthy enough to go back to back, but winning in NE is always difficult. DEN...If PIT is able to win @ CIN...another redemption trip to DEN awaits...DL is much better than I thought...I think you have to go after Manning...he's not going to get a whole better with the foot issue he's dealing with. KC...they beat a lot of bad teams, but 10 straight I didn't expect. Reid deserves some votes for COTY, I know some people wrote them off after they lost Charles. HOU...they can be dangerous too. They have a decent OL and running game to give Hoyer playaction opportunities and Hopkins is quietly on the elite levelor WRs.

OAK/BUF/MIA/JAX...on the rise, but still a few pieces away. MIA imo has to really hit in the draft because of Suh's contract.

SD...I don't get it...every yr on paper it seems like they should win 10+ games, but they rarely do. You have to wonder if re-investing in Rivers was the right move long term....4 wins, picking top 10 with a franchise QB taking most all of the snaps on OFC is not a good look.

TN/CLE...Predictable teams for '15. The Titans probably should not have taken Mariota LY, but they did so you build around him at this point. If Kelly can live a GM, I can see him reuniting with the young QB in TN...personnel wise I like TN better. Somebody will make an offer for Mettenberger...Landry is improved, but will cost a lot more on a 2nd contract. I wouldn't mind giving up a pick for Mett to back up Ben...GradK is probably not much better.