• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player that's had a good week at an all-star game is quarterback Sheriron Jones. The California signal-caller has been mostly focussed on Tennessee since de-committing from Florida and it's safe to call Tennessee the leader and at this point he seems destined to be a Vol. The question may be more of when, and with an official visit scheduled for Jan. 16 don't be surprised if something happens around that date.
-VQ

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Sheriron-Jones-148270

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other name this week everyone has wanted to know the latest on has been Nashville defensive lineman Kyle Phillips. Phillips has narrowed his decision down to LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee and as of late Thursday night the feeling was that ultimately no final decision had been made and if it had, he was playing everything close to the vest.

Ole Miss is certainly a contender and may be more of one than some are assuming; the Rebels were without question Phillips' leader earlier this week. Phillips has long liked the Rebels and despite a lot of attention being on LSU the last few days, Ole Miss has always been a strong factor.

We still believe Tennessee is in it, but they are seemingly fighting an uphill battle. The Vols have obviously been in the running for a long time with Phillips, but while Tennessee has always been in contention it seems like Tennessee will have to surge here the last 36 hours to pull this one off.

LSU is also interesting in the departure of John Chavis has put their positioning in question. While they may still be a factor, there's no doubt the Tigers have slipped due to the departure. Brick Haley, for now, has reportedly indicated he will remain at LSU as the defensive line coach, and Haley's relationship with Phillips was giving the Tigers some late life.
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was a great opportunity. I love coming out here and it was fun. I had a good time. I showed my skills well enough and I had a good time doing it," Ford said. "It's like a sneak peek for college. Going against the best of the best makes me push myself. Back home it was easy because I was the best over there. But, here, it was a challenge and I like that and that's what I'm going to have at Tennessee."

Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell was one of the several to take notice this week and came away liking what he saw out of the 6-foot-3, 230-pound defensive lineman.

"He's looked good. Crashed down the line well," Farrell said. "He had a couple of opportunities in backfield and once he gets a little bit bigger he has a chance to be a good defensive end. He had a good game."
-VQ

Marques Ford - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Analysis: Allen was committed to Georgia until recently. And while he says the Bulldogs are still in the running, the only real players in his announcement will be Tennessee and, to a lesser extent, Oklahoma. There's a lot of buzz around the Volunteers here and Allen is expected to validate that buzz on Sunday.

Prediction: Tennessee"
-Rivals

:hope:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Tennessee is the team to beat with him delaying his decision. But, if you're Tennessee you wish he would go ahead and do it today instead of him wanting to see who UGA hires as OC and OL coach.

I think it will be an uphill battle for UGA's new offensive guys but he's obviously not slamming the door shut just yet.
-Fortenberry

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is trying to be a factor for former Miami commitment Dexter Williams. He's a running back from Orlando, Fla. and he decommitted from Miami earlier this week. He and Gillespie have a relationship so it will be interesting to see if the Vols can try and get one of his last visits.

He's already visited Miami and Louisville and has several schools in mind like USC and a few others.
-Fortenberry

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Dexter-Williams-141118

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early enrollee's:

VylK2tW.jpg

Kyle Phillips should be arriving on campus shortly.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE's

From top to bottom, left to right:

4-star DE - Andrew Butcher
4-star QB - Quinten Dormady
3-star DB - Stephen Griffin