• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Predictions.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East
(2)NE (11-5)
(5)BUF (10-6)

MIA (7-9)
NYJ (5-11)

AFC North
(4)BAL (10-6)
PIT (8-8)
CIN (8-8)
CLE (1-15)

AFC South
(1)IND (13-3)
HOU (9-7)
JAX (4-12)
TEN (3-13)

AFC West
(3)DEN (11-5)
(6)OAK (9-7)

KC (9-7)
SD (7-9)
----------
NFC East
(3)DAL (11-5)
(6)NYG (10-6)

PHI (9-7)
WAS (3-13)

NFC North
(1)GB (13-3)
DET (8-8)
MIN (7-9)
CHI (5-11)

NFC South
(4)NO (10-6)
CAR (9-7)
ATL (8-8)
TB (4-12)

NFC West
(2)ARZ (12-4)
(5)SEA (11-5)

STL (8-8)
SF (3-13)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland makes the playoffs. :pound:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East
(2)NE (11-5)
(5)BUF (10-6)

MIA (7-9)
NYJ (5-11)

AFC North
(4)BAL (10-6)
PIT (8-8)
CIN (8-8)
CLE (1-15)

AFC South
(1)IND (13-3)
HOU (9-7)
JAX (4-12)
TEN (3-13)

AFC West
(3)DEN (11-5)
(6)OAK (9-7)

KC (9-7)
SD (7-9)
----------
NFC East
(3)DAL (11-5)
(6)NYG (10-6)

PHI (9-7)
WAS (3-13)

NFC North
(1)GB (13-3)
DET (8-8)
MIN (7-9)
CHI (5-11)

NFC South
(4)NO (10-6)
CAR (9-7)
ATL (8-8)
TB (4-12)

NFC West
(2)ARZ (12-4)
(5)SEA (11-5)

STL (8-8)
SF (3-13)

Pretty darn fair. Was expecting more homerism. I'll take a stab at division winners and WC

AFC East
(2)NE (11-5)
(5)MIA (10-6)

AFC North
(4)PIT (10-6)

AFC South
(1)IND (13-3)

AFC West
(3)DEN (11-5)
(6)OAK (9-7)

----------
NFC East
(3)DAL (10-6)
(6)NYG (10-6)

NFC North
(1)GB (13-3)

NFC South
(4)CAR (10-6)

NFC West
(2)ARZ (11-5)
(5)SEA (10-6)

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East

AFC South
(1)IND (13-3)
HOU (9-7)
JAX (4-12)
TEN (3-13)

I'm curious are these your predictions i'm guessing they are right? No one knows a team better than someone who follows that team and i can guarantee you TN is not gonna go 3-13,lol. Will they have a winning season in Mariota's rookie season probably not. As recently as 2013 the Titans were 7-9 with a couple close losses mainly due to Jake Locker that would've made them 9-7 and in the postseason because they beat San Diego and Pittsburgh.

In 2014 Jake Locker started then Charlie Whitehurst two crappy QB's along with a ton of injuries hitting the team. I can tell you now though this team isn't gonna go 3-13 and i'm fixing to state some obvious reasons why.

(1) QB Locker isn't here anymore he is a good reason the team could never win games. Whitehurst likely won't be starting any this year either and he was crappy too. This leaves Marcus Mariota the starter who has been having a good camp and most everyone who has stopped by including Peter King,Kurt Warner,etc. have said he looks more like a vet than a rookie. Zach Mettenberger who is Mariota's backup had the team competing in every game last year and had a passer rating in the 90's heading into his sixth and last game which was tops for a rookie QB last year. So TN now has two capable QB's on their roster.

(2) The schedule is also easier this season. The Titans play the following teams Tampa,Cleveland,Oakland,NY Jets,Buffalo,Atlanta,New Orleans,Jax twice,Houston twice,Indy twice,Carolina,Miami,New England. From Sept. 27 they stay home until Nov. 1.

(3) They will have all the players who were hit by injuries healthy and ready to play. Last season they had only healthy lineman on the offense going into their last six games. Also had starters out on defense and playing hurt.

(4) First year in a new offensive and defensive scheme. The defense went to a 3-4 after years of being a 4-3. Also first year head coach with a terrible QB and roster hit by injuries. Now that coach is in year two with better QB's and a healthy improved roster.

(5) They have an improved roster which includes free agents Perish Cox and Da'Norris Searcy in the secondary. They brought in linebacker Brian Orakpo who has looked good and rejuvinated. starting linebacker Zach Brown is back from injury after getting hurt in the teams first game. The team will have Mariota as starting QB on offense. A line that is back healthy center Brian Schwenke,guard Andy Levitre,left tackle Taylor Lewan,right tackle Michael Oher who is gone now was injured. TN had one starter healthy on the line in November/December last year. The team drafted guard Jeremiah Poutasi and center Andy Gallick. In the backfield they have Bishop Sankey coming back along with draft choices David Cobb and the top fullback in college last year Jalston Fowler. Last but not least an area of strength is WR/TE Mariota will have plenty of targets to throw to Kendall Wright,Justin Hunter,Hakeem Nicks,Harry Douglas along with draft picks Dorial Green Beckham and Tre McBride along with Delanie Walker and Anthony Fasano at tight end.

So in a nutshell you have a team that finally has some decent QB's on the roster. You have an easier schedule. You have an improved roster. You have everyone back healthy and ready to play. They will be better than 3-13. The Vegas line is 5.5 ,I'm gonna shoot for 8-8.

Last edited:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East
Miami(11-5)
Buf (10-6)

NE (9-7)
NYJ (5-11)

AFC North
BAL (11-5)
PIT (10-6)
CIN (8-8)
CLE (7-9)

AFC South
IND (13-3)
HOU (9-7)
JAX (4-12)
TEN (3-13)

AFC West
DEN (10-6)
KC (9-7)
SD (7-9)
Oak(4-12)
----------
NFC East
DAL (12-4)
NYG (10-6)

PHI (9-7)
WAS (3-13)

NFC North
(1)GB (13-3)
DET (8-8)
MIN (7-9)
CHI (5-11)

NFC South
(4)NO (10-6)
CAR (9-7)
ATL (8-8)
TB (4-12)

NFC West
SEA (11-5)
ARZ (9-7)
STL (8-8)
SF (3-13)

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely lost me with Oakland making the playoffs. I simply don't see that happening. If the Cardinals do play the Seahawks close this year, then the week 17 matchup in Arizona will be VERY fun to watch. And I already have tickets to that game. :yes:

With that being said, I have a tough time seeing the Hawks get anything less than the #2 seed

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oakland AND Buffalo AND Arizona!!!!!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Rankings within each division. I think most of the good teams will beat each other up

AFC East
Patriots
Dolphins (WC)
Bills
Jets

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals
Browns

AFC South
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

AFC West
Broncos
Chiefs (WC)
Chargers
Raiders

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys (WC)
Giants
Redskins

NFC North
Packers
Vikings (WC)
Lions
Bears

NFC South
Panthers
Falcons
Saints
Bucs

NFC West
Seahawks
Cards
Rams
Niners

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Rankings within each division. I think most of the good teams will beat each other up

AFC East
Patriots
Dolphins (WC)
Bills
Jets

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals
Browns

AFC South
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

AFC West
Broncos
Chiefs (WC)
Chargers
Raiders

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys (WC)
Giants
Redskins

NFC North
Packers
Vikings (WC)
Lions
Bears

NFC South
Panthers
Falcons
Saints
Bucs

NFC West
Seahawks
Cards
Rams
Niners

Good predictions. Almost the same as i would've done mine.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are in a tough division especially with Seattle and Arizona so its gonna be tough but the Rams have improved and should have a better offense with a tougher line,running game and Foles at QB. The defense could be dominant and this year we could see it. I'm curious to see how well Gurley plays the Rams could be in business if he ends up being similar to AP. I think the Rams could hit 9-7 and a wild card.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are in a tough division especially with Seattle and Arizona so its gonna be tough but the Rams have improved and should have a better offense with a tougher line,running game and Foles at QB. The defense could be dominant and this year we could see it. I'm curious to see how well Gurley plays the Rams could be in business if he ends up being similar to AP. I think the Rams could hit 9-7 and a wild card.

Arizona won't be a factor this time.they weren't a factor last year either, just lucky with no qb

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious are these your predictions i'm guessing they are right? No one knows a team better than someone who follows that team and i can guarantee you TN is not gonna go 3-13,lol. Will they have a winning season in Mariota's rookie season probably not. As recently as 2013 the Titans were 7-9 with a couple close losses mainly due to Jake Locker that would've made them 9-7 and in the postseason because they beat San Diego and Pittsburgh.

In 2014 Jake Locker started then Charlie Whitehurst two crappy QB's along with a ton of injuries hitting the team. I can tell you now though this team isn't gonna go 3-13 and i'm fixing to state some obvious reasons why.

(1) QB Locker isn't here anymore he is a good reason the team could never win games. Whitehurst likely won't be starting any this year either and he was crappy too. This leaves Marcus Mariota the starter who has been having a good camp and most everyone who has stopped by including Peter King,Kurt Warner,etc. have said he looks more like a vet than a rookie. Zach Mettenberger who is Mariota's backup had the team competing in every game last year and had a passer rating in the 90's heading into his sixth and last game which was tops for a rookie QB last year. So TN now has two capable QB's on their roster.

(2) The schedule is also easier this season. The Titans play the following teams Tampa,Cleveland,Oakland,NY Jets,Buffalo,Atlanta,New Orleans,Jax twice,Houston twice,Indy twice,Carolina,Miami,New England. From Sept. 27 they stay home until Nov. 1.

(3) They will have all the players who were hit by injuries healthy and ready to play. Last season they had only healthy lineman on the offense going into their last six games. Also had starters out on defense and playing hurt.

(4) First year in a new offensive and defensive scheme. The defense went to a 3-4 after years of being a 4-3. Also first year head coach with a terrible QB and roster hit by injuries. Now that coach is in year two with better QB's and a healthy improved roster.

(5) They have an improved roster which includes free agents Perish Cox and Da'Norris Searcy in the secondary. They brought in linebacker Brian Orakpo who has looked good and rejuvinated. starting linebacker Zach Brown is back from injury after getting hurt in the teams first game. The team will have Mariota as starting QB on offense. A line that is back healthy center Brian Schwenke,guard Andy Levitre,left tackle Taylor Lewan,right tackle Michael Oher who is gone now was injured. TN had one starter healthy on the line in November/December last year. The team drafted guard Jeremiah Poutasi and center Andy Gallick. In the backfield they have Bishop Sankey coming back along with draft choices David Cobb and the top fullback in college last year Jalston Fowler. Last but not least an area of strength is WR/TE Mariota will have plenty of targets to throw to Kendall Wright,Justin Hunter,Hakeem Nicks,Harry Douglas along with draft picks Dorial Green Beckham and Tre McBride along with Delanie Walker and Anthony Fasano at tight end.

So in a nutshell you have a team that finally has some decent QB's on the roster. You have an easier schedule. You have an improved roster. You have everyone back healthy and ready to play. They will be better than 3-13. The Vegas line is 5.5 ,I'm gonna shoot for 8-8.

I think you're right...Titans will probably win more than 3 games...8-8 probably keeps the staff intact as well.

OFC...can the young OL gel quickly? Although not proven across the board, the WR corp potential looks strong. Rookie QB will have some growing pains, but you have to like what you see as a Titans fans on this side of the ball...this unit will be better than LY, but not ready to carry the team.

DEF...this is where I have the most questions.

Road games...6 are against non-playoff teams from LY...8-8 could happen...Mariota has to continue to progress.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona won't be a factor this time.they weren't a factor last year either, just lucky with no qb
Arizona is weird because they gutted out a lot of tough games which is generally unsustainable but they also hit more bad luck than most teams.

I know I picked the Rams 3rd but if Carson Palmer goes down again, Arizona is in trouble. The Niners might be bad but they won't be 3-13 bad. The whole NFC West went through quite a bit of adversity last year. Its hard to predict anything other than just kinda regurgitate what has already happened because there are too many variables.

OP mentions the Giants getting into the playoffs but they're much closer to 4th place than 2nd place imo. They got a stellar year from a rookie WR last year and outside of their passing game they dont have much. I picked the Eagles to win it because I figure all of their moves will work out for a year before half of the time gets injured in a ping pong game next year and everyone gets fired. But they look good as long as they can stay healthy.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right...Titans will probably win more than 3 games...8-8 probably keeps the staff intact as well.

OFC...can the young OL gel quickly? Although not proven across the board, the WR corp potential looks strong. Rookie QB will have some growing pains, but you have to like what you see as a Titans fans on this side of the ball...this unit will be better than LY, but not ready to carry the team.

Road games...6 are against non-playoff teams from LY...8-8 could happen...Mariota has to continue to progress.

You hit it on the head. I always look closely when i predict a team having a bad record. For instance TN from 1999-2009 those first ten years were one of the winningest teams in the league. They aren't nowhere near Cleveland,Jax,Oakland,Buffalo,Tampa,Washington territory as perpetual losers. Honestly i hate it when they are lumped in there with those guys its not quite that bad.

In 2010 the team started out 5-1 but lost i think nine of their last ten because of Fisher and VY them both fighting destroyed the team that year after VY threatened to fight Fisher following an overtime loss to Washington. VY was pretty much done from that day forward never played there again and Fisher ended up quitting after that season. In 2011 they did one thing right bringing Matt Hasselbeck in and he got them to a 9-7 record in 2011.

The last three years in TN is where things got bad. 2012 they were 6-10 then in 2013 they were 7-9 which included three very close losses so they could've been a playoff team as recent as 2013. Last year was TN only really bad year and it was due to a lot of injuries and bad QB's. The last three years was mainly due to Jake Locker he was terrible. Struggled to complete 50% of his passes each game couldn't stay healthy had zero pocket presence he was a Tebow type QB without the hype. Bad QBing kills teams which happened here they picked the wrong guy back in 2011.

However last year they picked Metteberger who was voted among the best backup QB and this year drafted Mariota who has been showing he belongs. Things will get turned around i have no doubt. Mariota/Mettenberger TN now have two very young and up and coming QB's. Better QB'ing alone will win the team more games than they've been winning the last three seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe nobody has picked the Browns to make the playoffs!

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

AFC East
Patriots
Dolphins (WC)
Bills
Jets

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals
Browns

AFC South
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

AFC West
Broncos
Chiefs (WC)
Chargers
Raiders

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys (WC)
Giants
Redskins

NFC North
Packers
Vikings (WC)
Lions
Bears

NFC South
Panthers
Falcons
Saints
Bucs

NFC West
Seahawks
Cards
Rams
Niners

This one is damned good. I don't think the Eagles win the East though

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit it on the head. I always look closely when i predict a team having a bad record. For instance TN from 1999-2009 those first ten years were one of the winningest teams in the league. They aren't nowhere near Cleveland,Jax,Oakland,Buffalo,Tampa,Washington territory as perpetual losers. Honestly i hate it when they are lumped in there with those guys its not quite that bad.

In 2010 the team started out 5-1 but lost i think nine of their last ten because of Fisher and VY them both fighting destroyed the team that year after VY threatened to fight Fisher following an overtime loss to Washington. VY was pretty much done from that day forward never played there again and Fisher ended up quitting after that season. In 2011 they did one thing right bringing Matt Hasselbeck in and he got them to a 9-7 record in 2011.

The last three years in TN is where things got bad. 2012 they were 6-10 then in 2013 they were 7-9 which included three very close losses so they could've been a playoff team as recent as 2013. Last year was TN only really bad year and it was due to a lot of injuries and bad QB's. The last three years was mainly due to Jake Locker he was terrible. Struggled to complete 50% of his passes each game couldn't stay healthy had zero pocket presence he was a Tebow type QB without the hype. Bad QBing kills teams which happened here they picked the wrong guy back in 2011.

However last year they picked Metteberger who was voted among the best backup QB and this year drafted Mariota who has been showing he belongs. Things will get turned around i have no doubt. Mariota/Mettenberger TN now have two very young and up and coming QB's. Better QB'ing alone will win the team more games than they've been winning the last three seasons.

Yep...TN hard times have been fairly recent...Titans was always a tough out under Fisher, gained a little traction with VY on the hills of McNair, then the wheels came off with Locker as you mentioned. Somewhat important that Whiz can hang on to this job...constant HC change is about as bad as constant QB change.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also the last few years 9-7 in 2011,6-10 in 2012,7-9 in 2013 and for 2014 2-14 season what happened was after a few games they knew it wasn't a good squad and rather than be stuck in 7-9/8-8 purgatory they were wise enough to pretty much tank and go after a good QB. They aren't dumb plus they saw Indy do what they did in 2012 to get Luck and the team knew Mariota was the best QB to come out since Luck.

We debated heavily that once the injuries hit and they started losing the first three or four games a lot of Titan fans think Whisenhunt and the GM got together and knew things weren't gonna go well and decided to see what the different players could do and couldn't do and start building the team up with an eye toward the next season. Not really saying they threw the season away but you could tell by the play calling,certain players being put on IR that could've came back,playing different QB's,not playing the really good skill players or ignoring them like RB Bishop Sankey. Whisenhunt also didn't call the normal plays he usually does. A lot of us were debating on if they had already gave up and were doing things to see what players fit long term and who didn't.

Several stories got out before the 2015 draft that they were eyeing and watching Mariota for over a year and a half. Its true that early last season they said they started looking at Mariota heavily. They had their eye on and wanted Mariota for awhile. GM Webster said before the 2014 season that they were worried heavily about the instability of the QB position and were gonna do everything in their power to stabilize that position. Way before the draft they really liked Mariota and Whisenhunt said even back last season the scouts and coaches were getting together watching tape on Mariota the middle part of last season so even then they were like 1-8 and knew the year was done. Hey we saw Indy suck for Luck and the TN Titans had a twitter page called suck for the duck.

GM Ruston Webster IMO did an excellent job in 2014/2015 because in two straight drafts he got pretty much the best QB in each draft. Mettenberger going into his sixth and last game in 2014 was leading all rookie QB in pass rating and set NFL and team records in two of the six games he played in. Mettenberger completed 27 of 41 for 300 yards with 2TD and 1INT his first game against Houston setting a franchise rookie QB record. He threw an 80 yard bomb against Pitt and overall completed 15 of 24 passes for 263 yards with 2TD and 1INT,110 QB rating setting a MNF rookie record for QB. Against Philly he threw for 345 yards including eight passes over twenty yards with 2TD and 1INT and an 88 QB rating. In his fifth game at Houston he completed 13 of 19 passes completing 68 percent of his passes for 184 yards for 1TD and 1INT and a 95 QB rating. He only played in six games but played good IMO for a rookie QB on a shitty squad.

Anyhow drafting Mettenberger last year and Mariota this year TN is sitting in the best position as far as the QB spot since Billy Volek backed up Steve McNair in 2005 a decade prior. Volek is one of only six QB's to throw 400 yards in back to back games. Volek holds the NFL record for most passing yards in two games with 926 yards. Anyway since 2006 Kerry Collins backed VY then Hasselbeck and Fitzpatrick backed up Locker but there was never any stability due to injuries as each year a different QB would lead the team in passing than the year before. Hasselbeck/Fitzpatrick/Mettenberger in 2011/2013/2014 were backup QB's to Locker and each one blew Locker out of the water. So now instead of having Jake Locker/Charlie Whitehurst for QB depth we now have Mettenberger/Mariota and if Mariota gets hurt the team would not miss a beat with Mettenberger.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe nobody has picked the Browns to make the playoffs!

I love the Browns roster. Man if Haslam would've just kept his damn nose out of it they would've drafted Bridgewater. They have a damn good defense and talent on offense only thing missing is a QB. Unfortunately we went through this in Tennessee for years a damn good roster but no QB. I'm not sold on Manziel at all but he could end up doing good not sure yet. I think the Browns could hit 8-8 but a good QB could propel them to 10-6/11-5.