• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 basketball season thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one watched this game?

Solid win for a young team to stay with it and come back.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could prove crucial when their resume is reviewed in march.

A must win IMO. Shavon took over and the young guys didn't give up.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was traveling and listened to the whole thing.

Big come back.

Huge 3 by the Energizer Benny.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on hoping the Huskers can make the Big Dance. I guess NIT is a slight possibility.

Yes, it was the cretin game that did me in. If they can't hang with a down cretin team in Omaha, they won't beat average Big 10 teams home or away.

I'm beginning to rethink my support of sMiles. If he can't make the NIT this season, he should be let go. Something's not right down there.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on hoping the Huskers can make the Big Dance. I guess NIT is a slight possibility.

Yes, it was the cretin game that did me in. If they can't hang with a down cretin team in Omaha, they won't beat average Big 10 teams home or away.

I'm beginning to rethink my support of sMiles. If he can't make the NIT this season, he should be let go. Something's not right down there.

This team will get better and better as the season goes on.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton was a bullshit loss. Nebraska will be a stronger team with better wins by seasons end.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-16 overall

That means they go 6-12 in conference.

They can beat the OOC teams that they should, like they should, but piss down their legs against anyone with a pulse. It takes them 3:00 on the court before they get their first bucket. They turn the ball over and play sloppy. There is no sense of urgency in the program unless they are down 8 - 10 points.

That is not a tournament team and Husker fans are not getting what they paid for.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it comes down to is we don't have a presence down low, and we don't have a guy who can create jumpers off the dribble.

Again, Watson is the closest we have to that. He had a huge part in winning us that game today.

White can put the ball on the floor and pop it, but he's better as a set shooter.

What pushed us over the edge a couple years ago is the fact that Petteway could take the ball at the top of the key and dribble once or twice and pop it with a defender in his face....and drain it. Walt being a 7 foot tall guy who could shoot 3's helped too, but ultimately it was having that dynamic player that Petteway was that year that drove us.

We gotta recruit a playmaker. Miles hasn't managed to do it yet. Again, I love White.....but he's more of a set shooter who can get to the rim at times.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhode Island isn't a bad team, but at the PBA we shouldn't be trailing that team the entire game.

Red flags are popping up all over the place over the past week.

My hope is that Watson found his way today and can be the dynamic playmaker we need this year. He is quick and confident......just has terrible shot technique.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Benny coming off the bench again. He's made some really bad decisions with the ball this season. When he would come off the bench and work his ass off for 4-5 mins at a time, he seemed to make the most of it. Wouldn't mind seeing Tai moved to the point with Jacobson or McVeigh giving us some more size and starting with Hammond.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it comes down to is we don't have a presence down low, and we don't have a guy who can create jumpers off the dribble.

Again, Watson is the closest we have to that. He had a huge part in winning us that game today.

White can put the ball on the floor and pop it, but he's better as a set shooter.

What pushed us over the edge a couple years ago is the fact that Petteway could take the ball at the top of the key and dribble once or twice and pop it with a defender in his face....and drain it. Walt being a 7 foot tall guy who could shoot 3's helped too, but ultimately it was having that dynamic player that Petteway was that year that drove us.

We gotta recruit a playmaker. Miles hasn't managed to do it yet. Again, I love White.....but he's more of a set shooter who can get to the rim at times.

1st bolded: YES. We don't have presence in the paint outside of Shavon just driving. Miles has stated this many times.

2nd bolded: I thought White would be that guy. Shit I thought white was gonna be better than Petteway.

Watson is growing up before our eyes. He, in my opinion, is the next star at Nebraska.

McVeigh is a Harriman recruit, (Australian of course) and Harriman is gone if I'm not mistaken. Maybe that was a punch to the gut for him. The effort doesn't seem there, but he's swimming in a much bigger fishbowl than he was before, so who knows what the hell is going on there.

This team is YOUNG. They're so talented though. I can see them progressing quick. We're a shooting team this year. We're a poor man's Duke.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could put my shooting arms on some of these kids' bodies.

I have to think back all the way to Cochran to remember the last sharp shooter we had.

These kids are so athletic, but have terrible shooting mechanics. Unfortunately that starts at a young age and can't be corrected at this stage.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could put my shooting arms on some of these kids' bodies.

I have to think back all the way to Cochran to remember the last sharp shooter we had.

These kids are so athletic, but have terrible shooting mechanics. Unfortunately that starts at a young age and can't be corrected at this stage.

So why wouldn't something so simple be obvious to the guys getting paid to evaluate such things?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why wouldn't something so simple be obvious to the guys getting paid to evaluate such things?

Probably cuz the sharp shooters are going to bigger schools.

Idk. I've noticed Miles doesn't really go after the little white guards who dribble and shoot. He's more into the athletic kids who can play Defense.

Even White III has poor shooting technique. Just like Petteway he has shot so much that he makes it work. It's not awful, it's just not good.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of "bigger schools" I should have said "better programs."

That was a poor choice of words.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of "bigger schools" I should have said "better programs."

That was a poor choice of words.

I know what you mean. We need better basketball development leagues in Nebraska.

Something in the pattern of Legion Baseball Leagues. Those kids compete at high level throughout the summer when they're not in middle or high school.
If the best of those players stayed here in Nebraska they'd at least make Regionals every season. Many take off to "better programs". If Stanford comes calling they're pretty well gone. Erstad needs to start winning those kids.

Westside started a new football program for their district that's meant to keep all coaches on the same page from 4th grade through high school. They even go through a week of conditioning together. High schoolers out on the football field with the 4th graders doing all of the same drills. It's literally a farm club for the high school. It will pay dividends in 4-5 years when these 4th and 5th graders become freshman and sophomores.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean. We need better basketball development leagues in Nebraska.

Something in the pattern of Legion Baseball Leagues. Those kids compete at high level throughout the summer when they're not in middle or high school.
If the best of those players stayed here in Nebraska they'd at least make Regionals every season. Many take off to "better programs". If Stanford comes calling they're pretty well gone. Erstad needs to start winning those kids.

Westside started a new football program for their district that's meant to keep all coaches on the same page from 4th grade through high school. They even go through a week of conditioning together. High schoolers out on the football field with the 4th graders doing all of the same drills. It's literally a farm club for the high school. It will pay dividends in 4-5 years when these 4th and 5th graders become freshman and sophomores.

Doesn't Nebraska have quite a few AAU teams? I thought that was kind of the same idea.