• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 basketball season thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching tOSU @ Purdue tonight and I feel like we could beat both of these teams right now on a neutral court.

We are one of the top 5 teams in the B1G.

It will show at the end of the season.

GBR

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons we are a top 5 team is the fact that we have Shavon Shields and nobody else does.

He isn't the most talented player in the Conference. He just has the most heart. Nobody......not one single player........in the entire Conference.......wants to win more than Shavon Shields. And he injects that into every player on our team. The young guys want to win just as bad and it's all because of Shavon, who is the greatest leader I think Nebraska has ever seen.

We always have a shot with that guy on the floor.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, @Red_Alert...........

Did you ever end up tuning back into the game last night? Or did you turn the channel and stay away?

This is important to know...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, @Red_Alert...........

Did you ever end up tuning back into the game last night? Or did you turn the channel and stay away?

This is important to know...

I turned the channel and stayed away until there were under 2 minutes and they were up by 7. I figured it would be safe to watch then, but I almost fucked the whole thing up. :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned the channel and stayed away until there were under 2 minutes and they were up by 7. I figured it would be safe to watch then, but I almost fucked the whole thing up. :L

This is good news though. This means you can wartch.

It's not you, it's @oaknightshockey1 who is apparently the curse.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is, I can tell by watching.........Huskers are suddenly passing the eye test.

Something changed. We are playing better all around. Jacobson is really really playing good Defense in the paint. Watson is clutch as hell. I want that guy with the ball under 10 seconds on the shot clock. Shavon has never been more confident. Tai is........well......we'll see how Tai is next week. Man we're just playing well right now.

This top 25 recruiting class thing is starting to show though.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even mention Andrew White. We still have him as well.

He needs to learn to play straight up on Defense. Since we're undersized he gets matched up against bigger guys and he feels the need to try and block them.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobson has my most-improved player vote.

I almost wrote him off early in the year, but good golly he's played well.

Jack has impressed me too, he's been clutch in his hot corner all year, and has some nice moves. We'll need him to get bigger for next year, but he has a lot of potential

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost wrote him off early in the year, but good golly he's played well.

Jack has impressed me too, he's been clutch in his hot corner all year, and has some nice moves. We'll need him to get bigger for next year, but he has a lot of potential

Yep. McVeigh is another one I left out.

He's a game changer with the ability to hit 3's with such a lengthy body.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is, I can tell by watching.........Huskers are suddenly passing the eye test.

Something changed. We are playing better all around. Jacobson is really really playing good Defense in the paint. Watson is clutch as hell. I want that guy with the ball under 10 seconds on the shot clock. Shavon has never been more confident. Tai is........well......we'll see how Tai is next week. Man we're just playing well right now.

This top 25 recruiting class thing is starting to show though.

Not sure if you read my post in the other thread. BTN was saying the difference is that shields now puts his shoulder down and drives instead of pulling up for a jumper.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Tai coming off the bench. He injects some energy when he comes in with fresh legs. I think the biggest thing that I noticed against MSU was the rebounding. It may not have been perfect but I could tell that they were putting in work on the defensive glass, Jacobson in particular. They out-rebounded us 38-32 but I loved the effort.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you read my post in the other thread. BTN was saying the difference is that shields now puts his shoulder down and drives instead of pulling up for a jumper.

Yea I read that and heard them say that.

We are quite simply playing better Defense in the paint now. A month ago we couldn't keep a body on anyone down low. Now Jacobson is Defending like he knows what he's doing. Every time we make a stop on D it gives everyone more confidence on the Offensive side of the ball because suddenly we don't have our backs against the wall.

Remember Jacobson trying to defend that tall red-headed snot from Creighton? He's a much better defender now.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobson might be our MVP.

Would be nice if Morrow could play like he was spurned by Illinois every game too

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the tempo is good too, especially in transition