• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Sleeper Team

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent is there but IMO for Nebraska to be top 10 again Pelini needs to go. He is not a great coach.

We'll see.

Nebraska has invested a ton in a 7th year coach that absolutely nobody outside of our state lines cares for, much less even respects.

Winning cures all ills. And the schedule is set for a run from Nebraska this year. No more excuses.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerOC has some strong koolaid. Nebraska will AT BEST lose 2 games this year, most likely lose 4 or 5. Idc what our schedule looks like, we are a poor coached team.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent is there but IMO for Nebraska to be top 10 again Pelini needs to go. He is not a great coach.
-------
What Osborne created in the 90's for Nebraska was basically a machine. If any cog went bad he had as much talent on the bench to replace the damaged part. Case in point, when Frazier went down his backup-Berringer wasn't actully an option QB. And yet he was so well groomed in the triple option he stepped in and Nebraska didn't miss a beat.

IMO, part of Pelinis game plan has always been for him to play the "we're getting screwed" card. Once he does that the team follows suiit and pretty much quits. No coach/team is going to get all the breaks, so when they don't roll your way, don't whine or bitch at the refs. Just get over it and go back to the game.

So, yeah, I agree he is not a great coach.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech lost more talent than any team in the Big 12 outside of Oklahoma State,
They brought in a mediocre recruiting class.

They were cratering down the stretch in conference.
They will finish towards the bottom.

KANSAS STATE is the team to watch out for in the Big 12.
They reminded me of the 2012 Baylor team that had a lot of new faces but quietly got red hot at the end of the season.

No other team in the Big 12 improved dramatically as much as K-State.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech lost more talent than any team in the Big 12 outside of Oklahoma State,

They reminded me of the 2012 Baylor team that had a lot of new faces but quietly got red hot at the end of the season.

Without a doubt. Purple Wizard rises every couple years and I can see them competing for the Big 12 Champ. They were gutted after the 2011 season. They got a lot of experience. Forgot his name, but they have one of the most electric running QBs in the country. Lockett is a bad ass at WR. I can't wait for the Auburn game to see how much progress KSU has made

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Big 12...
I am leaning towards Mississipi State.

They return almost all their 2 deep on defense.

They catch a huge break with Vandy and Kentucky as their cross divisions.
They get Arkansas and A&M at home.
They were probably losing to LSU and Bama anyways, so its fine to play them as road game.

There is no reason for Miss State to not finish above Arkansas, A&M, and Ole Miss and flirt with 10 wins.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. Purple Wizard rises every couple years and I can see them competing for the Big 12 Champ. They were gutted after the 2011 season. They got a lot of experience. Forgot his name, but they have one of the most electric running QBs in the country. Lockett is a bad ass at WR. I can't wait for the Auburn game to see how much progress KSU has made

Bill Snyder is the only reason why KSU is/will be a threat. One of the best coaches in the history of the game and such a class act. This guys loves the hell out of Kansas State University, the way DKR loved Texas......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS ^^^^^ Not sure why TTECH is being mentioned a sleeper. They sucked last year and will suck again this year. Plus, I can't stand Kingsbury, never could.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe I read that Indiana has 22 returning starters.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see.

Nebraska has invested a ton in a 7th year coach that absolutely nobody outside of our state lines cares for, much less even respects.

I'm confused is this a positive or negative thing?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee comes to Norman this year. They leave with a L.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a good game ^^ will be close

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to think about this one. Tennessee is a really interesting pick: I think they got a good coach, and they have been recruiting really well.

I think Texas Tech may be in for some trouble: all their quarterback depth left in the off-season. Hear that the coach, Klingsbury, is thinking of suiting up and helping out in the spring game, since they only have one quarterback.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find even MORE funny, is Florida Lost today in the final four. Just can't dump more shift on Gator fans…LOL

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Not even our State fully supports Pelini, the fan base is divided.

Not really sure why the fan base is divided. Pelini's teams average 4 losses a season, never won a conference title, never played in a BCS bowl & have never contended for a BCS title. Solich was a thousand times better than Pelini could ever dream of being and he got fired for being a much better coach than Pelini. You Corn Husker fans have shitty expectations nowadays......

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerOC has some strong koolaid. Nebraska will AT BEST lose 2 games this year, most likely lose 4 or 5. Idc what our schedule looks like, we are a poor coached team.

:laugh3:

Yep, you got me pegged, I'm a Kool-Aid drinking Husker fan.

I even stated that we may well lose 4 games this year, but I think this team, and this schedule, set up very well for a run if the pieces come together. Is that likely? Maybe not, but we do have 8 starters returning on defense and very likely our best OL we've had since Pelini has been coach.

Enjoy your time on RSS.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure why the fan base is divided. Pelini's teams average 4 losses a season, never won a conference title, never played in a BCS bowl & have never contended for a BCS title. Solich was a thousand times better than Pelini could ever dream of being and he got fired for being a much better coach than Pelini. You Corn Husker fans have shitty expectations nowadays......

TexasExes dogging on the Huskers? Shocking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VaazQfxGso]Rod Stewart Infatuation - YouTube[/ame]

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all about timing. Slouch followed Osbourne and an incredible run.