• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Sleeper Team

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this year's Auburn or Michigan State?

What team could possibly go 0-8 in the SEC, and the very next year make it to the BCS Championship game?

What team could go 6-6, and then own the Big 10 and roll on to be Rose Bowl Champions and a 2nd ranked team at the end of the year?

I've got an early eye on Tennessee. Who do you got?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From each major conference

AAC: Houston
ACC: North Carolina/Notre Dame*
B1G: Michigan/Maryland
Big12: Texas Tech/Texas
PAC12: Utah/Washington State
SEC: Tennessee/Ole Miss/Florida**

*-TECHNICALLY ACC TEAM NOW
**-TECHNICALLY A SURPRISE TEAM AFTER GOING 4-8

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska.

Just kidding. They will be 8-4 again

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically ND is not an ACC team in football. The only thing they can get is a trip to the OB IF they are the highest ranked team eligible. Nothing more. So they better hope that they are the highest ranked team eligible between the Big10, SEC, and them. Otherwise no chance to play in the OB.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically ND is not an ACC team in football. The only thing they can get is a trip to the OB IF they are the highest ranked team eligible. Nothing more. So they better hope that they are the highest ranked team eligible between the Big10, SEC, and them. Otherwise no chance to play in the OB.

I think you understand what I meant.... they are contractually obligated to the ACC now

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska.

9-4 silly. 8 wins is unacceptable here.

Unless we can come up with someway to make it look better/as good as Osborne.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you understand what I meant.... they are contractually obligated to the ACC now

They are obligated, but they cannot be a sleeper team FOR the conference since they only play 5 teams per year and are not members in football. All they can do is get a chance at the OB. If they are ranked high enough. But even that is only allowed 2 times in the 12 year contract.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here I thought you knew football.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are obligated, but they cannot be a sleeper team FOR the conference since they only play 5 teams per year and are not members in football. All they can do is get a chance at the OB. If they are ranked high enough. But even that is only allowed 2 times in the 12 year contract.

I think that is gonna be a great game between the Noles and Domers. Notre Dame will surprise again this year. I say they go no worse than 9-3, 12-0 at best.

And back to topic, so what happens if Notre Dame runs the table, and say ohhh, Clemson runs the table? Who gets the spot? And who would the committee pick for the playoffs? I think Notre Dame got screwed in that sense, because the CFP Committee is going to take into account conference championships. So who would they take? Hypothetical, I know, but not impossible.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought you knew football.

They have improved every year since Edsall's arrival. Don't fool yourself.

The B1G is not as strong as the ACC. Which isn't saying much, but still.

The problem with the ACC is the level of coaching from top to bottom; there is PLENTY of talent in the ACC, but not very good coaching.

B1G is just the opposite. They have great coaching top to bottom, but not very good talent throughout the conference.

The SEC has the best combination of both coaching and talent, which is why the SEC has participated in the title game for the last 8 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is gonna be a great game between the Noles and Domers. Notre Dame will surprise again this year. I say they go no worse than 9-3, 12-0 at best.

And back to topic, so what happens if Notre Dame runs the table, and say ohhh, Clemson runs the table? Who gets the spot? And who would the committee pick for the playoffs? I think Notre Dame got screwed in that sense, because the CFP Committee is going to take into account conference championships. So who would they take? Hypothetical, I know, but not impossible.

Well If Clemson runs the table(started laughing typing that) and they win the conference they will get the automatic bid for the OB as the ACC champion or pick for CFP. ND can then play Clemson in the OB IF they are the highest ranked eligible team between the BIG, SEC, and ND. AND Clemson is not selected for the CFP.

As to ND suprising. Not likely this year. Their defense is going to be much worse without Nix plugging up the middle, Tuitt not coming off the edge, and Shembo at LB. Their offense lost their best WR in Jones and their RB corp is really bad this year. Should definitely be a W for FSU.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The B1G is not as strong as the ACC. Which isn't saying much, but still.

The problem with the ACC is the MONEY FOR coaching from top to bottom; there is PLENTY of talent in the ACC, but not very good coaching.

B1G is just the opposite. They have great coaching top to bottom, but not very good talent throughout the conference.

The SEC has the best combination of both coaching and talent, which is why the SEC has participated in the title game for the last 8 seasons.

FIFY

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska.

To be honest, I think we actually have a real chance of being good again this year.

Top 10 good again.

Shit schedule, and we no longer have Captain Turnover Taylor Martinez as our QB who shit the bed in any and every big game in his career.

We actually have a QB or 2 that can throw a forward pass that might scare some DCs around the country.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that hard to improve from a 2-10 season in his first year. The one he took over a 9-4 team.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I think we actually have a real chance of being good again this year.

Top 10 good again.

Shit schedule, and we no longer have Captain Turnover Taylor Martinez as our QB who shit the bed in any and every big game in his career.

We actually have a QB or 2 that can throw a forward pass that might scare some DCs around the country.

I liked that Armstrong kid I watched last year.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that hard to improve from a 2-10 season in his first year. The one he took over a 9-4 team.

Maryland was stupid for firing Fridgeon. That made no sense to me. But you have to remember, James Franklin was his OC... look what he did at Vandy.

Edsall has his chance this year to silence doubters. I mean hell, he got FUCKING UCONN to a BCS BOWL in FOOTBALL. He knows how to coach.

And somewhere, in a cave near Atlantis, drinking beer with Jimmy Hoffa, is allouttanames waiting for Maryland to upset Ohio State come October 4, 2014.:laugh3::nod:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland was stupid for firing Fridgeon. That made no sense to me. But you have to remember, James Franklin was his OC... look what he did at Vandy.

Edsall has his chance this year to silence doubters. I mean hell, he got FUCKING UCONN to a BCS BOWL in FOOTBALL. He knows how to coach.

And somewhere, in a cave near Atlantis, drinking beer with Jimmy Hoffa, is allouttanames waiting for Maryland to upset Ohio State come October 4, 2014.:laugh3::nod:
LOL. I actually miss that moron.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that Armstrong kid I watched last year.

Armstrong is talented and growing up. He has a big arm and is a solid threat in the run game and option run game.

The real key is the Defense, and more importantly the DL. What was once a weakness could well be a strength this year with a deep, yet young, LB crew behind them.

I'm far from a Homer, but I really like the parts and pieces of this year's Husker team. Could we go 9-4 like we always do, sure. But could we run the table this year? Yes. First time I can say that with any kind of confidence dating back to the Osborne years.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Top 10 good again.

The talent is there but IMO for Nebraska to be top 10 again Pelini needs to go. He is not a great coach.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State, Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan, Washington, USC, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miami, VTech, K-State, Texas and TCU...to name a few.