• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Season Preview thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow we begin our final 14 predictions, which are the SEC teams

I will be done with work pretty early tomorrow, and then I'll kick things off with the Alabama Crimson Tide

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thee mighty Penguins will have to join the Mac first sir

they most certainly will be a contender for the FCS title this year though

I believe they actually play a big game early in the year. I can't remember who it is against sir. Mother are making strides

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow we begin our final 14 predictions, which are the SEC teams

I will be done with work pretty early tomorrow, and then I'll kick things off with the Alabama Crimson Tide

I sure was wrong about that, didn't get off work early and then had the Reds game to go to.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University-of-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Big-Al-Elephant-Mascot-Logo.gif

Alabama Crimson Tide

Preview: Last season was a bit of a disappointment for Alabama, and as in disappointment they didn't win the national championship. That's the expectation around here these days, and of course there's no reason not to have them, they have one of the best coaches and are recruiting some of the best talent. Alabama's disappointment was they actually ended the season with 2 consecutive losses, losing to rival Auburn and then to Bob Stoops and Oklahoma, who called out the SEC saying the league was propaganda before the season started last year. This season the goal remains the same, but some of the players are different, QB AJ McCarron is gone now, and his replacement has yet to be truly determined though most believe it will go to FSU transfer Jacob Coker, but whoever wins the starting job has an absolutely amazing group of running backs to hand the ball off to, Alabama is absolutely stacked at the position, they will have tremendous success running the ball despite there being some question marks on the offensive line, on the defensive side, Alabama still has lots of talent, but their corners weren't as lock down as usual last season so that will need to improve, defensive line isn't as strong as you would usually expect. In all reality though when I look at the schedule Alabama has this year, I just can't find a regular season loss on it.

Predictions: Alabama has to have one of those games where they come out unfocused in order for them to lose, but the team they play has to be good enough for them to do so, a lot of the teams on Alabama's schedule don't have that ability, it all starts in the opener against West Virginia, West Virginia simply doesn't have the talent to match up with Alabama, it's a big difference between the two, so Bama wins that one. Alabama then has home games against Florida Atlantic and Southern Miss, both will be wins. Then Alabama hosts the Florida Gators, who struggled mightily last year, but even if Florida does make a big step forward, I can't see Alabama losing to them. Alabama then plays at Ole Miss, and this would be a prime upset opportunity here, if only this game didn't come after a bye week, and I just can't see a Saban team losing after a bye week. Alabama wins at Arkansas who can't seem to match up with them anymore, and then hosts Texas A&M, who no longer has Johnny Manziel so Alabama wins that one. Alabama then plays at Tennessee, who does have some talented players but also a lot of holes in addition to that, Tennessee would have to make a big jump forward this year just to have a shot at pulling the upset, Alabama wins this one. Alabama then has the traditional big game against LSU, this time on the road, both teams have byes before it, but I just think LSU has too young of a team to beat Alabama in this one. Alabama then ends the regular season with 3 consecutive home games against Mississippi State, Western Carolina(what?) and Auburn, the Mississippi State game might have been a potential upset alert if it was at Mississippi State, I can't see them winning at Alabama. Auburn though is by far the toughest opponent on Alabama's schedule, but Nick Saban just doesn't lose two in a row to a certain team, so Alabama wins that one.

Predicted Record: 12-0(8-0)

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama Crimson Tide

Preview: Last season was a bit of a disappointment for Alabama, and as in disappointment they didn't win the national championship. That's the expectation around here these days, and of course there's no reason not to have them, they have one of the best coaches and are recruiting some of the best talent. Alabama's disappointment was they actually ended the season with 2 consecutive losses, losing to rival Auburn and then to Bob Stoops and Oklahoma, who called out the SEC saying the league was propaganda before the season started last year. This season the goal remains the same, but some of the players are different, QB AJ McCarron is gone now, and his replacement has yet to be truly determined though most believe it will go to FSU transfer Jacob Coker, but whoever wins the starting job has an absolutely amazing group of running backs to hand the ball off to, Alabama is absolutely stacked at the position, they will have tremendous success running the ball despite there being some question marks on the offensive line, on the defensive side, Alabama still has lots of talent, but their corners weren't as lock down as usual last season so that will need to improve, defensive line isn't as strong as you would usually expect. In all reality though when I look at the schedule Alabama has this year, I just can't find a regular season loss on it.

Predictions: Alabama has to have one of those games where they come out unfocused in order for them to lose, but the team they play has to be good enough for them to do so, a lot of the teams on Alabama's schedule don't have that ability, it all starts in the opener against West Virginia, West Virginia simply doesn't have the talent to match up with Alabama, it's a big difference between the two, so Bama wins that one. Alabama then has home games against Florida Atlantic and Southern Miss, both will be wins. Then Alabama hosts the Florida Gators, who struggled mightily last year, but even if Florida does make a big step forward, I can't see Alabama losing to them. Alabama then plays at Ole Miss, and this would be a prime upset opportunity here, if only this game didn't come after a bye week, and I just can't see a Saban team losing after a bye week. Alabama wins at Arkansas who can't seem to match up with them anymore, and then hosts Texas A&M, who no longer has Johnny Manziel so Alabama wins that one. Alabama then plays at Tennessee, who does have some talented players but also a lot of holes in addition to that, Tennessee would have to make a big jump forward this year just to have a shot at pulling the upset, Alabama wins this one. Alabama then has the traditional big game against LSU, this time on the road, both teams have byes before it, but I just think LSU has too young of a team to beat Alabama in this one. Alabama then ends the regular season with 3 consecutive home games against Mississippi State, Western Carolina(what?) and Auburn, the Mississippi State game might have been a potential upset alert if it was at Mississippi State, I can't see them winning at Alabama. Auburn though is by far the toughest opponent on Alabama's schedule, but Nick Saban just doesn't lose two in a row to a certain team, so Alabama wins that one.

Predicted Record: 12-0(8-0)

I hope your prediction is better than mine :suds:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas_Razorbacks.gif

Arkansas Razorbacks

Preview: Arkansas has been a disaster ever since the Bobby Petrino controversy, they're pretty much fallen to the bottom of the SEC, and now Bret Bielema in his 2nd year will be trying to turn things around. Bielema actually started out 3-0 here, but the issue is he hasn't won since. I definitely was surprised to see them struggle again because Bielema is a better coach than John L Smith who was the interim coach, but it's apparent the team has just taken a major dropoff, so a rebuilding effort is needed. There's some good players RB Alex Collins had a good year as a freshman, he's the first building block to Bielema's system, but a lot more is needed. It's not too likely that Arkansas will return to a bowl game this year, but they should at least avoid going winless in the SEC again, even if it is by an upset.

Predictions: Arkansas opens the season on the road against Auburn, who will be without Nick Marshall for this game because of his suspension, unfortunately Arkansas likely isn't good enough to take advantage, they'll at least be a little closer in a loss. Arkansas then beats Nicholls State before going on the road against Texas Tech, and Arkansas loses that one. Arkansas then hosts Northern Illinois, this is a tricky one but Northern Illinois did lose their best player so it will be enough for Arkansas to get by with a win in this one. Arkansas then plays Texas A&M at Cowboys stadium for their rivalry game, but Arkansas will lose this one. Arkansas then has a bye week before home games against Alabama, Georgia and UAB, it would be an absolutely stunner if Arkansas did anything but lose to Alabama and Georgia, along with beating UAB. Arkansas then loses on the road to Mississippi State. Arkansas then gets a bye week prior to home games against LSU and Mississippi, now by later in the year Arkansas should be playing a little better, and they play LSU pretty tough, so these two games are their best chance at the upset, I'm picking Arkansas to lose to LSU but upset Ole Miss. Arkansas then loses at Missouri in the season finale.

Predicted Record: 4-8(1-7)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8809_auburn_tigers-primary-1957.png

Auburn Tigers

Preview: The turnaround Gus Malzahn did at Auburn last season was absolutely incredible, bringing them from winless in the SEC to the national championship game, though they lost there, it was a remarkable year for Auburn. For this season Auburn is still a contender, they lose RB Trey Mason, but return QB Nick Marshall and WR Sammie Coates, they will be an incredible combo this year and Gus Malzahn will still find ways to run the ball, the defense did lose Dee Ford, and some other good players so they may not be as good on that side of the ball, but this overall is still a very good team. Auburn's schedule doesn't do them many favors this year, and primarily what is features is having Georgia and South Carolina as cross divisional opponents, and a lot of their most challenging opponents are on the road. Auburn will have a good year, but it's going to be a challenge for them to make the playoff as they have to avoid losing these difficult road games they have.

Predictions: Auburn opens the season at home against Arkansas, and Auburn will be without Nick Marshall because of his suspension, so Auburn might not be at their best for this one, but they won't have to be as Arkansas is pretty outmatched. Auburn then beats San Jose State at home before going on the road for a tricky non-conference game against Kansas State, I think Auburn just manages to edge out Kansas State in a tough one. Auburn beats Louisiana Tech before winning a big home game over LSU, Auburn then beats Mississippi State on the road. After a bye week Auburn takes down South Carolina in a tough one at home, before winning a road game over Ole Miss. Auburn beats Texas A&M at home and then goes on the road against rival Georgia, Georgia improves by this time in the year and ends up upsetting Auburn, Auburn beats Samford in the game after and then plays rival Alabama on the road. Last year's incredible ending has to be on everyone's mind for this game, so in all reality you never know what will happen in this one, but Alabama hasn't lose 2 straight to any team under Nick Saban, so I'm going with Auburn to lose this one.

Predicted Record 10-2(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida_Logo.gif

Florida Gators

Preview: Last season was one of the worst in the history of Florida Gator football, Florida lost to both their rivals and ended the season on a 7 game losing streak that included a 34-17 home loss to Vanderbilt, and a loss to Georgia Southern who was a 7-4 FCS team last year. Florida's offense was very bad, but they also had injury issues too. The good news for Florida is that Kurt Roper should be able to improve the offense and Florida definitely won't suffer that many injuries again, the bad news is still that loss to Georgia Southern, with how much talent Florida has recruited the injuries should have caused them to lose a game like that, there's a good chance Muschamp has lost the team. Florida will have so far underachieving QB Jeff Driskel back this year after he was lost for the year to an injury, and the offense does return some players, but the goal for Kurt Roper will be finding guys who can make plays, and actually get this team into the endzone on offense, the defense lost it's best talent, but the secondary is still very good. Florida will probably improve, how much is a good question and the one that will determine whether Muschamp coaches here next season or not, I personally am predicting a little improvement but I feel like when the tougher part of the SEC schedule hits and Florida loses, Muschamp might lose the team again.

Preview: Florida opens the season with easy opponents in Idaho and Eastern Michigan and both of those will be wins, Florida then plays Kentucky and haven't lost to them in a long time, they won't lose to Kentucky this year either, Florida then brings an unbeaten record on the road against Alabama, but that's where Florida will take their first loss of the year. Florida gets a bye week before playing their rival Tennessee who they have beaten a lot lately, Florida wins and keeps that going. Florida then has home games against LSU and Missouri, and Florida ends up losing those, along with the rivalry game in Jacksonville against Georgia. Florida finally gets a win, by beating Vanderbilt on the road. Florida loses to South Carolina at home and then avoids another FCS disaster by beating Eastern Kentucky, Florida then loses to rival Florida State in the regular season finale.

Predicted Record: 6-6(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
000001.bmp

Georgia Bulldogs

Preview: Last season was a very up and down year for Georgia, they opened the season losing a big game, then they soon won 2 big games to bring themselves back into title contention, but then injuries started to decimate their team and Georgia soon faded and had a pretty disappointing year. Now this season Georgia will be looking to rebound, they certainly won't suffer as many injuries this year, but Aaron Murray who was one of the injury victims is now gone, the guy who started for him after he went down, Hutson Mason is now the started and he played pretty well in Murray's place last year. Meanwhile Todd Gurley will be back and he should be in for an excellent year, he ran well last year despite being nagged by injuries, so he will be in for a great year and he will be tough to stop, but Keith Marshall the other running back will return after an injury took him out for the year last season. WR Malcolm Mitchell will also be back from his injury, anyone notice a theme here? So this season Georgia's offense will be healthy, and the defense now coached by Jeremy Pruitt who Georgia did a great job taking from Florida State, Georgia will improve. I expect there to be some flaws so expect Georgia to have one of their years where they lose two early games that take them out of title contention, but they still have a great year.

Predictions: Georgia opens the year like last year, they play Clemson, this time though Georgia is at home, Hutson Mason has more starting experience than Clemson's QB has, and Pruitt has been good at stopping Chad Morris' offense, so I have Georgia winning this one. Georgia then plays South Carolina on the road, and this time South Carolina ends up winning it in a close one. Georgia then wins at home over Troy and then plays Tennessee at home, this is a random shot here, but I do feel like Tennessee will have a surprising good game where they upset someone really good, and after how close they were last year Tennessee comes out determined and Georgia comes out a little flat and is upset. Georgia though recovers winning at home over Vanderbilt, and then on the road over Missouri and Arkansas. Georgia beats rival Florida in Jacksonville in the Cocktail party, and then wins on the road over Kentucky. Georgia's roll continues as they play well and end up upsetting Auburn at home. Georgia then beats Charleston Southern and rival Georgia Tech at home.

Predicted Record: 10-2(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51356a.gif

Kentucky Wildcats

Preview: Mark Stoops is doing a fantastic job at Kentucky so far, but it will take a bit for that to show up on the field, Kentucky football usually struggles and is a big building project. Stoops has been recruiting very well though so Kentucky will have some young talented players out there and that's the big key for now. Kentucky will be improved this year, but they won't show too much of it in the win column, only one or two wins more, and perhaps Kentucky will win an SEC game or two.

Predictions: Kentucky opens the season with a win over Tennessee-Martin, and then beats Ohio at home. Kentucky then goes on the road against Florida and loses to them. After a bye week Kentucky hosts Vanderbilt and this is where Kentucky manages to get a surprise win. Kentucky then loses to South Carolina at home, and then beats UL-Monroe at home. Kentucky then loses to LSU on the road, before losing at home to Mississippi State. Kentucky loses at Missouri, at home to Georgia and then on the road to rivals Tennessee and Louisville to end the season.

Predicted Record: 4-8(1-7)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lsu.jpg

Louisiana State Tigers

Preview: LSU hasn't had much continuity the last few years, losing several players early to the draft after each offseason, but despite that LSU has managed to have good but not great seasons. This season QB Zach Mettenberger is now gone, so are receivers Odell Beckum and Jarvis Landry, and LSU lost a lot of talent on the defensive end as well. This year will be a lot about fresh faces, LSU will either start freshman Brandon Harris or Anthony Jennings at QB, a QB battle lasting this long usually isn't a good thing, but there's been a lot of good reviews about these two. LSU also has number 1 overall recruit Leonard Fournette at RB, he will share carries but he is expected to be very good. The defense might take a small step back this season, there are very few seniors on this defense. I do believe LSU will finally take a bit of a step down this season, but lose less players to the draft and finally return to true national title contention the season after.

Predictions: LSU has yet another big season opener, this time against Wisconsin at NRG stadium in Houston. These neutral site openers have been very good to LSU, they haven't lost one under Les Miles yet, normally this game would be difficult to pick, but until LSU finally loses one of these I can't pick against them. LSU then has a nice stretch of 4 consecutive home games against Sam Houston State, UL-Monroe, Mississippi State and New Mexico State, none of these teams should post a threat to LSU, so LSU wins all of those. LSU then plays at Auburn, they have had success against Auburn lately, but I feel like Auburn's offense will be able to do enough for LSU to lose this one. LSU then wins at Florida and at home over Kentucky, before being surprised by rival Ole Miss for the 2nd year in a row. LSU then plays Alabama in their usual game in the first week of November, and this time it's at home, LSU likely has the best shot of beating Alabama, but I feel like the inexperienced offense will end up making too many mistakes. LSU survives a test at Arkansas, who tends to give LSU a good game no matter what. LSU then beats Texas A&M on the road in what may potentially be a battle of future star QBs in the SEC.

Predicted Record: 9-3(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MissUlogo.gif

Mississippi Rebels

Preview: Ole Miss is trying to make a step up in the SEC, and after the talented group of players they signed recently, this year is the year that this should start seeing its effects. Ole Miss has a good offense with QB Bo Wallace who is talented but sometimes is inconsistent, but now in his senior year there's a good chance he might be more consistent of a player this year. Ole Miss loses RB Jeff Scott, who was a good runner, but they shouldn't have too difficult of a time replacing him. At WR Ole Miss returns LaQuan Treadwell who is a very talented receiver but they lose Montcrief. Ole Miss has a solid offensive line too, the defense has several talented players too, including former number one recruit Robert Nkemdiche. Pretty much the talent is here for Ole Miss to make a surprise run at the SEC West, but will they get over that hump? I think they'll get some nice wins but I don't see them winning the SEC West.

Predictions: Ole Miss opens the season with Boise State in the Chick Fil A kickoff game, before a tricky road game against Vanderbilt and a tricky home game against Louisiana-Lafayette, these games should be wins, but all 3 could potentially trip Ole Miss up. I have them winning all 3 games though. Ole Miss then beats Memphis then has a big home game against Alabama, seeing that they're at home the opportunity for an upset would be pretty good for Ole Miss if Bama wasn't coming off a bye week. Ole Miss loses at Texas A&M the next game too. Ole Miss does win at home over Tennessee and gets a huge win, beating LSU on the road. Ole Miss gets another upset opportunity against Auburn, but I think Auburn's offense outscored Ole Miss' offense in that one. Ole Miss then plays the Presbyterian Blue Hose who they will obviously beat. Ole Miss then plays at Arkansas, and I think this might be a game where Arkansas actually plays well and Bo Wallace struggles a little bit, so Ole Miss gets upset. Ole Miss does end the regular season getting revenge on rival Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl.

Predicted Record: 8-4(4-4)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nebraska-logo.gif

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Preview: Last season was another that was solid, yet still filled with disappointments. Nebraska was nearly upset by Wyoming in the opener, but troubles really hit when Nebraska blew a 21-3 lead to get blown out by UCLA 41-21. Nebraska looked better for a while after, until they got dominated by Minnesota, they picked up some gritty victories though to stay in Big 10 contention until they lost 41-28 at home to Michigan State. The low point of the year though might have been the 38-17 loss to Iowa at home and the Bo Pelini meltdown. Things sure changed fast though Nebraska ended up getting a nice bowl win over Georgia and now Pelini appears to be in a better mood than ever right now, how will that hold up? Last season injuries were a bit of an issue for Nebraska especially at QB, but that makes them stronger for this season, if things go well Nebraska is a competitor for the Big 10 title.

Predictions: Nebraska opens with a win over Florida Atlantic and despite the fact that McNeese State beat a FBS opponent 53-21 last year, I think Nebraska can handle them. Nebraska gets their first test at Fresno State, but Nebraska escapes with the win. Nebraska gets a strong win over Miami of Florida and wins at home over Illinois too. Nebraska finally takes their first loss losing at Michigan State, Nebraska then hits that downward spiral as they get upset at Northwestern as well. Nebraska recovers with home wins over Rutgers and Purdue, but then loses at Wisconsin. Nebraska does end the season with revenge wins at home over Minnesota and at Iowa.

Predicted Record: 9-3(5-3)

Signup_Northwestern_fw12_072512

Northwestern Wildcats

Preview: Last season was an interesting one for Northwestern, in many ways. Northwestern started out a strong 4-0 and then lost a hardfought battle to Ohio State, it obviously was a setback but most expected Northwestern to still be good. They were blown out by Wisconsin and that would only be the 2nd game of a 7 game losing streak. Northwestern would at least beat Illinois at the end of the year. It's tough to tell what exactly happened to Northwestern that they fell apart this badly. One issue was once again the close games, Northwestern had a very good chance to win 5 of those 7 games, yet lost all of them, including a hail mary given up to Nebraska, and Michigan rushing their team on the field for an incredible overtime causing field goal where Northwestern lost after 3 of those overtimes. The other thing is how focused are they? Everyone knows the political battle the Northwestern players were in this offseason, was that a distraction as well?? The good news for this year is it's a little more settled now, Pat Fitzgerald will be hoping it is gone for good. As for the team this year, they lose Kain Colter who was both a QB and WR for them, but still have Trevor Siemian and will get Venric Mark back from injury, they have a lot of skill position talent on this team, the offensive line was an issue though last year, defense brings a solid amount of starters back too. Northwestern should at least be back in the bowl, but the schedule isn't easy.

Predictions: Northwestern opens with some tricky games, Cal should be better then they were last year, but Northwestern will win that one, Northern Illinois had a great team last year, but they lost the heart of their team so I think Northwestern will that one too, and Northwestern beats Western Illinois to get off to a 3-0 start. That's when the tough part hits, Northwestern loses at Penn State, at home against Wisconsin and at Minnesota. Northwestern finally ends the skid with an upset they needed over Nebraska, as Northwestern seems to give Nebraska a tough time. Northwestern hits another tough skid as they lose at Iowa, at home to Michigan and at Notre Dame. Northwestern though rebounds and wins at Purdue and at home against Illinois to get back to a bowl game.

Predicted Record: 6-6(3-5)

Venric Mark has transferred from Northwestern, so I'm going to change this, Northwestern no longer upsets Nebraska and now I'll decide whether I think Nebraska will lose to Minnesota or Iowa because I need to keep them on pace for their usual 4 loss record

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa_Hawkeyes_Logo.svg

Iowa Hawkeyes

Preview: Iowa after struggling for a few years finally became a solid team again last year. Iowa won 8 games, which included a big 38-17 win over Nebraska in the regular season finale, Iowa then lost in a close one against LSU(who they were supposed to be way outmatched against) in their bowl game. Now this season Iowa returns a lot of those players, their defense should be really good while their offense won't be great but solid, Iowa's non-conference is very winnable but tricky, a bad game in any of them(yes even against Northern Iowa, they're a good FCS team and got Iowa State last year) could result in a loss and send their season in a downward spiral. Most likely Iowa gets off to a good start and competes for the West as they have both Nebraska and Wisconsin at home.

Predictions: Iowa wins the opener against Northern Iowa, and then survives a tricky one against a really good Ball State team. Iowa takes down their rival Iowa State and wins at Pitt to finish 4-0 in the non-conference schedule. Iowa gets a strong conference start by winning at Purdue, home against Indiana, at Maryland and at home against Northwestern to start 8-0 on the year. Iowa finally hits a setback as they are upset on the road against Minnesota, they bounce back to win at Illinois and upset Wisconsin at home. The finale is a good win at home over Nebraska

Predicted Record: 11-1(7-1)

And now finally time for an overall look at the Big 10, feels like I've been on the Big 10 for a really long time. Big 12 previews start tomorrow!

Big_Ten_Conference_logo.png

East

1. Michigan State Spartans 10-2(7-1)
2. Ohio State Buckeyes 11-1(7-1)
3. Michigan Wolverines 8-4(6-2)
4. Penn State Nittany Lions 9-3(5-3)
5. Maryland Terrapins 6-6(2-6)
6. Indiana Hoosiers 4-8(2-6)
7. Rutgers Scarlet Knights 2-10(0-8)

West

1. Iowa Hawkeyes 11-1(7-1)
2. Wisconsin Badgers 10-2(7-1)
3. Nebraska Cornhuskers 9-3(5-3)
4. Minnesota Golden Gophers 7-5(4-4)
5. Northwestern Wildcats 6-6(3-5)
6. Illinois Fighting Illini 5-7(2-6)
7. Purdue Boilermakers 3-9(0-8)

Big 10 Championship: Michigan State over Iowa

and now we have our domino effect, Nebraska usually loses 4 games a season, at Iowa is the most reasonable loss they could take, meaning Iowa now only loses one big 10 game and goes to the Big 10 championship and loses to Michigan State, who I originally had losing to Wisconsin.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama Crimson Tide

Predictions: Alabama has to have one of those games where they come out unfocused in order for them to lose, but the team they play has to be good enough for them to do so, a lot of the teams on Alabama's schedule don't have that ability, it all starts in the opener against West Virginia, West Virginia simply doesn't have the talent to match up with Alabama, it's a big difference between the two, so Bama wins that one. Alabama then has home games against Florida Atlantic and Southern Miss, both will be wins. Then Alabama hosts the Florida Gators, who struggled mightily last year, but even if Florida does make a big step forward, I can't see Alabama losing to them. Alabama then plays at Ole Miss, and this would be a prime upset opportunity here, if only this game didn't come after a bye week, and I just can't see a Saban team losing after a bye week. Alabama wins at Arkansas who can't seem to match up with them anymore, and then hosts Texas A&M, who no longer has Johnny Manziel so Alabama wins that one. Alabama then plays at Tennessee, who does have some talented players but also a lot of holes in addition to that. This is the unfocused game mentioned above. Against the Crimson Tide, Tennessee plays better than they truly are, giving a glimpse of the Vols future. That and a twist of fate or two propel them to pull off the upset. Alabama then has the traditional big game against LSU, this time on the road, both teams have byes before it, but I just think LSU has too young of a team to beat Alabama in this one. Alabama then ends the regular season with 3 consecutive home games against Mississippi State, Western Carolina(what?) and Auburn, the Mississippi State game might have been a potential upset alert if it was at Mississippi State, I can't see them winning at Alabama. Auburn though is by far the toughest opponent on Alabama's schedule, but Nick Saban just doesn't lose two in a row to a certain team, so Alabama wins that one.

Predicted Record: 12-1(7-1)

:fify: