• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Season Preview thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off work way early today, time to throw in some more previews

dxisvsoo500g09hf8v4hr4brd.gif

Appalachian State Mountaineers

Preview: This season will be the first for Appalachian State as a member of FBS, they're not eligible for a bowl yet, but last season Appalachian State went 4-8 at the FCS level, they definitely haven't been the program they were a few years ago when they upset Michigan. Appalachian State could very well one day be good again with the excitement of becoming a FBS program, but this season they will be lacking in talent. The good news is the schedule isn't bad, they play two FCS opponents, and the Sun Belt has a group of beatable teams towards the lower portion of the conference that should provide some wins.

Predictions: Appalachian State opens the season with a rematch of the famous upset they pulled against Michigan several years ago, everyone still remembers that upset, unfortunately a repeat of it? highly unlikely, when Appalachian State pulled off that upset they were the dominant program of FCS, they weren't even close to that level last year, and Michigan will definitely take them much more seriously this time, Appalachian State opens with a loss, Appalachian State then has a home game against the Campbell Fighting Camels, what a great name that is, and they should provide Appalachian state with their first win of the year. Appalachian State then has road games against Southern Miss and Georgia Southern, both of those likely will be losses. Appalachian State loses at home to South Alabama and then gets a win over Liberty. Appalachian State loses at Troy and then takes a home loss to Georgia State. Appalachian State then loses at home to UL-Monroe, and on the road at Arkansas State and Louisiana-Lafayette. Appalachian State does end the year with a home win over Idaho.

Predicted Record: 3-9(1-7)

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pac12-logo.jpg

North

1. Oregon Ducks 11-1(8-1)
2. Stanford Cardinal 10-2(7-2)
3. Washington Huskies 10-3(6-3)
4. Oregon State Beavers 7-5(4-5)
5. Washington State Cougars 6-6(3-6)
6. California Golden Bears 2-10(0-9)

South

1. UCLA Bruins 10-2(8-1)
2. USC Trojans 8-4(5-4)
3. Arizona State Sun Devils 8-4(5-4)
4. Arizona Wildcats 7-5(4-5)
5. Utah Utes 6-6(3-6)
6. Colorado Buffaloes 3-9(1-8)

Pac-12 Championship: Oregon over UCLA

:humble:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beavers+nike+osu1.jpg

Oregon State Beavers

Preview: Oregon State actually had a disappointing season last year relative to the rise they had in 2012. Oregon State's defense took a big drop off last season, it was evident in the opener when they were upset by Eastern Washington of FCS, where Oregon State just couldn't stop them. Oregon State needs to improve on defense and very likely will, one good thing from last year is how well the offense developed under Sean Mannion, but while he returns this year his number one receiver who put up a lot of stats, Brandin Cooks is now gone. Last two seasons Oregon State has been on a trend of starting the year strong and then losing games later in the year when the tougher portion of Pac-12 play takes place, they will look to reverse that trend, if they somehow do they'll be in the Rose bowl, I don't think that's very likely though.

Predictions: Oregon State opens the year against Portland State, they aren't near as good as Eastern Washington so no repeat of last year here, Oregon State wins a game at Hawai'i, and then at home over San Diego State. Oregon State suffers their first loss of the year at USC, but then wins at Colorado. Oregon State wins a Thursday night game over Utah, before going on the road against Stanford who Oregon State put a hard fought effort against last year but not scoring in Stanford territory led to a loss, expect Oregon State to lose to them again this year. Oregon State then wins home games over Cal and Washington State before the home game against Arizona State, where Oregon State will lose in a shootout. Oregon State then plays at Washington who they suffered an embarrassing 69-27 home loss against last year, I don't think Oregon State will have that kind of meltdown again, but still expect a loss there. Oregon State then hosts rival Oregon in the regular season finale, last year they nearly got that win over Oregon that they've been trying to get for a while now, but came up a point short, for this year unless Mariota isn't healthy again expect Oregon State's losing streak against Oregon to continue.

Predicted Record: 7-5(4-5)

Disappointed...waited all year for this "vanilla pudding" post?

Beavs really do play USC, Stanford and Oregon tough...yet we go 0-3 in all? ASU in a "shootout" @ our house? Perhaps, but we play them tough as well...0-4 now and yeah, we have to g up to BIG BAD HuskieLand after getting blown out last year, which is the one game that looks to be the toughest to win on the road to me. Again we lose in your senario, 0-5 now against these 5 teams. Well I see 3 wins in that grouping.

signed...

"Out on an island...AGAIN!":bullshit:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas-State-logo.png

Arkansas State Red Wolves

Preview: Arkansas State is now on their 5th coach in as many years, and they certainly have been a pipeline for sending coaches to a higher level, Arkansas State though has been very successful continuing on the model of hiring good offensive minds. With the coaches they have had Arkansas State has been able to build a relatively talented roster in comparison to the rest of the Sun Belt, so despite these constant changes Arkansas State remains a contender. Blake Anderson is the head coach this year, running a spread no huddle style of offense. His offense will be more similar to Gus Malzahn's offense than the offense Bryan Harsin ran here last year. The non-conference schedule isn't easy but Arkansas State is still a contender for the Sun Belt and will be in a bowl game, along with contender for the Sun Belt title like I said above.

Predictions: Arkansas State opens the season against Montana State, and this isn't even an easy game, Montana State is one of the better FCS schools so they will be a big challenge for Arkansas State, I do think they pull off the win though. Arkansas State then goes on the road against Tennessee and Miami of Florida, winning either one of those would be a great feat but I'm not expecting it to happen. Arkansas State then hosts Utah State who will have a very good team, Arkansas State's home field advantage won't be enough for this game, as they lose another. Arkansas State opens Sun Belt play at home against UL-Monroe and wins that one, along with a road game against Georgia State. Then they play a Tuesday night game on the road against Louisiana-Lafayette where the conference crown will be decided, but Louisiana-Lafayette has better talent and Mark Hudspeth has been there a while now, Arkansas State loses this one. Arkansas State wins at Idaho, then has a tough home game against South Alabama that they barely take a win in, before getting a home win over Appalachian State, winning on the road over Texas State, and at home over New Mexico State.

Predicted Record: 8-4(7-1)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beavs really do play USC, Stanford and Oregon tough...yet we go 0-3 in all? ASU in a "shootout" @ our house? Perhaps, but we play them tough as well...0-4 now and yeah, we have to g up to BIG BAD HuskieLand after getting blown out last year, which is the one game that looks to be the toughest to win on the road to me. Again we lose in your senario, 0-5 now against these 5 teams. Well I see 3 wins in that grouping.

signed...

You play USC early in the year while they're still healthy, play Stanford on the road, and you haven't beaten Oregon since 2007.

Arizona State is your best chance out of the 5 games, but both defenses aren't that good this year, but Oregon State's does have more promise, Arizona State has the better offense though, and that gave them the edge.

3 wins would only be possible if your defense can return to it's 2012 form, and with Scott Crichton the best player on the defense last year(believe me I know, he absolutely wrecked us in the bowl game) now gone to the NFL, I don't think it's very likely.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play USC early in the year while they're still healthy, play Stanford on the road, and you haven't beaten Oregon since 2007.

Arizona State is your best chance out of the 5 games, but both defenses aren't that good this year, but Oregon State's does have more promise, Arizona State has the better offense though, and that gave them the edge.

3 wins would only be possible if your defense can return to it's 2012 form, and with Scott Crichton the best player on the defense last year(believe me I know, he absolutely wrecked us in the bowl game) now gone to the NFL, I don't think it's very likely.

What is missing here in your predict is a "newly found" Beav run game, which IF effective this year will keep opposing teams on the bench longer. Yeah the YTD rush record for last year stunk, but NOT THE LAST 2 games of the year. O-line was riddled with injuries as was the D. Saw vast improvement in both by years end.

As for Stanford, we are close to this team...should have beaten em the last two times we played for as good as they were. I like our chances even IF we play down there. Oregon escape a wonderfully played game by us as well (see run stats here).

BTW...

I am glad we play USC early this year, they have a new QB, coaching staff and a ton of Qs across the board as well. Maybe we bite them in the azzler for the 1st time in about 20 years down there as well.

It would have been nice to see you give a "best case" 10-2 year as well as the worse case 7-5 predict you chose. But that's why the games are played.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is missing here in your predict is a "newly found" Beav run game, which IF effective this year will keep opposing teams on the bench longer. Yeah the YTD rush record for last year stunk, but NOT THE LAST 2 games of the year. O-line was riddled with injuries as was the D. Saw vast improvement in both by years end.

As for Stanford, we are close to this team...should have beaten em the last two times we played for as good as they were. I like our chances even IF we play down there. Oregon escape a wonderfully played game by us as well (see run stats here).

BTW...

I am glad we play USC early this year, they have a new QB, coaching staff and a ton of Qs across the board as well. Maybe we bite them in the azzler for the 1st time in about 20 years down there as well.

It would have been nice to see you give a "best case" 10-2 year as well as the worse case 7-5 predict you chose. But that's why the games are played.

Indeed sir, this is my best attempt and seeing who will improve to what extent, relative to their competition.

I'm sometimes very accurate and sometimes I predict Missouri to go 2-10 in 2013

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia%20Southern%20logo.gif

Georgia Southern Eagles

Preview: This year will be Georgia Southern's first at the FBS level after being a very good program at the FCS level. Changes are everywhere for this program, and the move to FBS and the Sun Belt aren't the only ones, Georgia Southern will be with a new coach after Jeff Monken left for Army. That new head coach will be Willie Fritz from Sam Houston State, he will bring even more change as Georgia Southern will move from their tradition triple option offense to a no-huddle spread attack. Now before all this change last season actually wasn't the best for Georgia Southern, it was one of their worst years in a while, at least until one Saturday changed everything, Georgia Southern went into the Swamp and upset the Florida Gators in a game where Florida players were blocking each other. This game right here really changed things for Georgia Southern, they were originally going to enter FBS with no momentum, now they have more momentum than if they won the FCS championship. I think Georgia Southern will rise up this conference pretty quickly, but for this season they will be starting towards the bottom as they adjust to all the changes.

Predictions: Georgia Southern opens the season at NC State and loses that one, they then play Savannah State, now these schools may have both been FCS, but the talent difference between the two is ridiculous, Georgia Southern despite their triple option offense beat Savannah State 77-9 last year! So yes there's no reason to think Georgia Southern won't get their first win in this one. Georgia Southern then plays at Georgia Tech, it would be nice for them to get a win, but it's not likely. Georgia Southern loses at South Alabama before winning at home over Appalachian State. Georgia Southern loses at New Mexico State but wins at home over Idaho. Georgia Southern loses at Georgia State, at home against Troy, and on the road to Texas State and Navy. Georgia Southern ends the regular season with a home loss to UL-Monroe.

Predicted Record: 3-9(2-6)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
433px-Georgia_State_Panthers_Logo.svg.png

Georgia State Panthers

Preview: Well to say the least Georgia State's year last year was really bad, they went winless despite the fact that 3 of their first 4 games were against FCS opponents. The one thing is this still is a growing program, Georgia State started this football program not too long ago and they still need to build up some talent, they made the right hire in Trent Miles, he'll get this program going soon. Now last season wasn't entirely with no positives, Georgia State definitely started to hit a stride during their last 4 games, and put up very good efforts against 4 of the best teams in the Sun Belt, so clearly progress was made late last year, and that progress should carry over to some wins this year.

Predictions: Georgia State kicks off the FBS football season on a Wednesday night against Abilene Christian, what a good move for exposure it was to play on that Wednesday, people will actually watch the game being desperate for football, otherwise no one would pay attention to it unless they're a Georgia State fan, anyways for the game itself Georgia State manages to win this one. Georgia State wins the second game too, beating New Mexico State at home, they then lose to Air Force at home. Georgia State then hits a rough stretch playing at Washington, at Louisiana-Lafayette, at home against Arkansas State and at South Alabama, they will lose all 4 of those games, but they then get a win at home over Georgia Southern, which is big for in-state battles. Georgia State loses at Appalachian State, at Troy, and also on the road to Clemson who apparently thinks they're in the SEC. Georgia State ends the year losing at home to Texas State.

Predicted Record: 3-9(2-6)

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

signed...

:dhd:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
401px-University_of_Idaho_Vandals_logo.svg.png

Preview: Last year was Idaho's first year under Paul Petrino, who by the way is Bobby Petrino's brother, and it was not a good year as Idaho was embarrassed on multiple occasions, some of these embarrassing losses were 40-6 to North Texas, 42-10 to Wyoming, 42-0 to Washington State, 61-14 to Fresno State, and then the most embarrassing were either a 59-38 home loss to FBS newcomer Old Dominion or when Florida State put up 80 on Idaho. Idaho's lone highlight was a pretty surprising home win over Temple, Temple had come off a hail mary loss to Fordham the previous game. This season might be better for Idaho because it couldn't be much worse, Idaho was an independent last year, this season they finally have a conference. Idaho's schedule does lack a FCS opponent they could pick a win from, but there's a nice group of teams that will struggle this year in the Sun Belt so Idaho should at least win a game unless they've gotten worse, Idaho does have a bowl ban but didn't lose too many players to transfers and it's highly unlikely they would have made a bowl normally anyways.

Preview: Idaho opens the season on the road against the Florida Gators, and that will be a loss. Idaho then loses at UL-Monroe, and at home to Western Michigan in one of their better chances to win. Idaho loses at Ohio, at home against South Alabama and on the road to Texas State and Georgia Southern. Idaho then faces New Mexico State at home, in what will be an ugly one, but Idaho finally gets their first win in this one. Idaho then has a home game against Arkansas State that will be a loss as well as a road game against San Diego State and a home game against Troy that will also be losses. Idaho ends the season with a road game at Appalachian State, it's a slight opportunity to win, but I don't see it.

Predicted Record: 1-11(1-7)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
327px-New_Mexico_State_Aggies_Logo.svg.png

New Mexico State Aggies

Preview: New Mexico State has been one of the more struggling FBS programs for a long time now, in fact New Mexico State currently is sporting the longest bowl drought in FBS, they haven't been in one since 1960. New Mexico State was actually a good program under the coach at the time Warren Woodson, until in 1967 he was forced out by a clause that said he had to retire at the age of 65. New Mexico State has been towards the bottom of college football ever since, some interesting facts most of you probably didn't know. New Mexico State struggled last year going 2-10 in Doug Martin's first year, he was hired relatively late because New Mexico's coach left to be a NFL assistant. New Mexico State started to pull it together on offense a little bit late last year, their best performances on offenses though were 2 touchdown losses, one 49-35 at Louisiana-Lafayette, then a 48-34 loss at home to Boston College. They lose the best players from the offense though, and the defense will still struggle, don't expect a big improvement this year.

Predictions: New Mexico State opens the season against Cal Poly, who should be a beatable FCS opponent, so New Mexico State gets a win, then they go on the road against Georgia State, who was even worse than New Mexico State last year, but Georgia State returns more players and should go upward a bit, New Mexico State loses this one. New Mexico State loses at UTEP and at home to New Mexico, then goes on the road against LSU in an ugly loss. New Mexico State gets their 2nd win of the year at home over Georgia Southern. New Mexico State then loses road games to Troy and Idaho, and then home games to Texas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, and UL-Monroe, along with the season finale at Arkansas State.

Predicted Record: 2-10(1-7)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South_Alabama_Jaguars_logo.png

South Alabama Jaguars

Preview: Last season was an interesting one for South Alabama, they definitely were up and down, having good performances where they beat 4 bowl eligible teams, and nearly beat Tennessee at Tennessee., but yet also having some bad ones where they lost to Southern Utah of FCS, and the loss to Texas State wasn't a great one either. The most outstanding performance though was the season finale when they crushed Louisiana-Lafayette 30-8, so clearly South Alabama has some conference contending potential here. South Alabama is truly a member of FBS now, and this season returns a good group of players and head coach Joey Jones, South Alabama should see their first bowl bid this year, but contending for the conference won't be easy the top two teams in the conference Louisiana-Lafayette and Arkansas State are road games this year.

Predictions: South Alabama starts the season with a win at Kent State, they then have a big home game against Mississippi State, this is a very good upset opportunity for South Alabama, and there's a very good chance it may happen, I'm not picking it though, so South Alabama loses this one. South Alabama then beats Georgia Southern at home, and then Idaho and Appalachian State on the road. The winning streak continues with a home win over Georgia State and another over Troy, but then they play back to back road games against Lousiana-Lafayette and Arkansas State, which is a tough 2 games in this conference, I'm picking South Alabama to lose both. South Alabama wins at home over Texas State and then loses at South Carolina and at home to Navy.

Predicted Record: 7-5(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas_State_Bobcats_Primary_Athletic_Logo.png

Texas State Bobcats

Preview: Texas State now enters their 4th year as a member of FBS, and they're hoping for a good one. There's been moments of success so far in Texas State's first two years in FBS, two years ago they stunned Houston in their FBS opener 30-13, and then last season Texas State opened the year 6-3 before fading late and finishing 6-6 without a bowl game. Their QB is back, so are their top rushers so the offense should generate more points, the head coach Dennis Franchione is still here too he's the one big name this program has, but it will be interesting if Texas State can make a step up, their schedule has a lot of winnable games on it this season, Texas State can certainly sets their sites on a bowl appearance this year, as it is very possible, they will hover around the 6-6 range again though.

Predictions: Texas State opens the season with a win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff, and then hosts Navy in a game that is probably the toughest of Texas State's non-conference games, it's certainly winnable, but I'm predicting a loss in this one, Texas State then has road games against Illinois and Tulsa who both struggled last year, but with Wes Lunt in for Illinois this year, I think Texas State will lose that one, and the game against Tulsa, I definitely wouldn't be all that surprised if they won both though. Texas State wins at home over Idaho, and then loses at home to Louisiana-Lafayette. Texas State then wins road games over UL-Monroe, and New Mexico State, and then wins at home over Georgia Southern. Texas State loses at home to Arkansas State and then wins the regular season finale at Georgia State.

Predicted Record:6-6(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy_trojans_logo.png

Troy Trojans

Preview: For the longest time Larry Blakeney and Troy were consistently at the top of the Sun Belt, Troy either won the Sun Belt championship or just barely missed out on it every year, until recently, suddenly it seems like other programs in the Sun Belt have now passed Troy up. Probably the highest moment during Troy's run of success was in 2008 against LSU, when they were up 31-3 midway through the 3rd quarter, unfortunately in spectacular fashion Troy lost that game 40-31, that was Troy's biggest chance to make a name for themselves, and instead they didn't make a good one. Troy for a long time was consistently in bowl games, but now they find themselves having not made a bowl game since 2010. Last season the offense was very good, but Troy struggled on defense, they lose Corey Robinson the QB, but there's a lot of confidence in the potential replacements, Troy's defense will need to improve though. The non-conference schedule is pretty straight forward, there's two games Troy should win, and two games that Troy would have to pull a major upset to win. Troy gets to play all 5 of the lower teams in the Sun Belt too, so a return to a bowl is pretty likely, but Troy may have to wait another year before returning back to the top of the Sun Belt.

Predictions: Troy opens the season on the road against UAB and wins that one, Troy then plays Duke at home, a game that would have been winnable not too long ago for Troy but Duke is much improved these days, Troy will likely lose this one, despite it being at home. Troy wins over Abilene Christian and then goes on the road against Georgia, a major upset would be needed for Troy to win, so they lose that one. Troy gets a win at UL-Monroe, and at home over New Mexico State and Appalachian State. Troy then loses at South Alabama but wins at home over Georgia Southern, Troy wins at home over Georgia State and then wins on the road over Idaho. Troy ends the season at home against Louisiana-Lafayette, and loses that one.

Predicted Record: 8-4(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20140123232926!UL_Lafayette_Ragin'_Cajuns_Logo.png

Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns

Preview: These are easily the best times the Louisiana-Lafayette program has ever gone through, before Mark Hudspeth was the head coach here Louisiana-Lafayette had never been to a bowl game, now they're coming off their 3rd consecutive 9 win season that includes their 3rd consecutive bowl win, it's really amazing that a bigger program hasn't taken Hudspeth yet, but for Louisiana-Lafayette, this is a very good thing, this year's team looks to be a lot better than the ones that won 9 games the past 3 seasons, QB Terrance Broadway returns after a good year last year, both their top running backs, Alonzo Harris and Elijah McGuire return after a good year sharing carries, they are a good combination, most of the top recievers and offensive line return too. The defense will be a big difference maker too, they return 9 starters on that side which is the most in the Hudspeth era. Louisiana-Lafayette is set up very well this year to win the Sun Belt, and potentially be the non-power 5 team to make the big bowl game this year, but a big key is that Terrance Broadway remains healthy, Louisiana-Lafayette had been rolling through the Sun Belt last year until he got hurt in the last two games, which both resulted in disappointing losses, and cost Louisiana-Lafayette the Sun Belt title.

Predictions: Louisiana-Lafayette opens the season with home games against Southern and Louisiana Tech and wins both of those games, they then have two big road games that will decide their fate in whether they will make a big bowl or not, they play at Ole Miss and at Boise State, a loss to Ole Miss is affordable though winning that one would put in a good name for Louisiana-Lafayette, but the game at Boise State is one that could eliminate Louisiana-Lafayette as Boise State is a fellow contender for the big bowl appearance. I believe Louisiana-Lafayette may not quite be good enough to win these games, as they definitely won't be overlooked, so I have them losing both. Louisiana-Lafayette wins at home over Georgia State, at Texas State, and at home over fellow contenders Arkansas State and South Alabama. Louisiana-Lafayette then wins road games at New Mexico State and rival UL-Monroe. Louisiana-Lafayette wins at home over Appalachian State before going on the road against Troy, this could be a game that trips up Louisiana-Lafayette if they're in contention for a big bowl, this program is not used to that kind of pressure, in this situation though I have Louisiana-Lafayette winning that one.

Predicted Record: 10-2(8-0)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisiana-Monroe.gif

UL-Monroe Warhawks

Preview: I just finished talking about how things have been going well for Louisiana-Lafayette's program, well things haven't been going too badly as of late for Todd Berry and UL-Monroe lately either, UL-Monroe has beaten a power 5 opponent each of the last two years, last season beating Wake Forest, and the year before pulling what was a major upset over an Arkansas team that was ranked 8th at the time, putting UL-Monroe on the map, while Arkansas hasn't been ranked since. The QB who has been the leader through that Arkansas upset and the good times UL-Monroe has had, Kolton Browning has now graduated though, so now UL-Monroe will enter into somewhat of a rebuilding mode. UL-Monroe will likely be below the top teams in the Sun Belt, but better than the lower teams of the conference. UL-Monroe doesn't stand much of a chance at a bowl appearance, they play 3 SEC teams, and all power 5 teams non-conference, plus they only have 5 home games this year.

Predictions: UL-Monroe opens the season with a nice home game against Wake Forest, in a game that's actually on ESPNU, but it probably wouldn't have been if it weren't for UL-Monroe's upset of Arkansas two years ago, the game itself will be an ugly one that UL-Monroe loses in a close one. UL-Monroe wins at home over Idaho, but loses at LSU and at home to Troy. UL-Monroe then loses road games to Arkansas State and Kentucky and then loses at home to Texas State, and at Texas A&M, yes that's 3 SEC teams on UL-Monroe's schedule, all power 5 teams on this schedule as well, what a brutal one. UL-Monroe gets a win at Appalachian State and then loses at home to rival Louisiana-Lafayette. UL-Monroe ends the season with road wins at Georgia Southern and New Mexico State.

Predicted Record: 4-8(4-4)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sunbelt-logo.jpg

1. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns 10-2(8-0)
2. Arkansas State Red Wolves 8-4(7-1)
3. South Alabama Jaguars 7-5(6-2)
4. Troy Trojans 8-4(6-2)
5. Texas State Bobcats 6-6(5-3)
6. UL-Monroe Warhawks 4-8(4-4)
7. Georgia State Panthers 3-9(2-6)
8. Georgia Southern Eagles 3-9(2-6)
9. Appalachian State Mountaineers 3-9(1-7)
10. Idaho Vandals 1-11(1-7)
11. New Mexico State Aggies 2-10(1-7)