• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin deserved way worse than he got. He isn't close to mentally capable of the NFL.

If being gay drops Sam I would bet Belichick goes for him. These are grown men and can handle that shit, and anything that lets Bill get a discount on a guy will get his attention.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin deserved way worse than he got. He isn't close to mentally capable of the NFL.

If being gay drops Sam I would bet Belichick goes for him. These are grown men and can handle that shit, and anything that lets Bill get a discount on a guy will get his attention.

Well said.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's assuming he can play. I couldn't tell you that.

I don't want him because he's gay, but I think this team is above letting dumb shit keep a quality player out.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here are just some of the examples:

We found that the Assistant Trainer, who was born in Japan, was the target of frequent and persistent harassment, including insults relating to his race and national origin. Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey admitted that they directed racially derogatory words toward him, including “Jap” and “Chinaman.” At times, according to Martin, they referred to the Assistant Trainer as a “dirty communist” or a “North Korean,” made demands such as “give me some water you fucking chink,” spoke to him in a phony, mocking Asian accent, including asking for “rubby rubby sucky sucky,” and called his mother a “rub and tug masseuse.”

On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attack. According to Martin, the Assistant Trainer confided in him that he was upset about the Pearl Harbor comments, finding them derogatory toward his heritage.

Incognito admits that he called Martin a “stinky Pakistani” or something similar on October 28 in the cafeteria, in front of other players.

As noted above, Incognito referred to Martin as a “half-****er piece of shit” in his April 6, 2013 voicemail, and Martin says Incognito called him a “****er” on at least one other occasion. And it is undisputed that Incognito routinely used other racially derogatory language (including, for example, “mulatto,” “dirty Pakistani” and “darkness” to Martin, and “Chinaman” and “Jap” to the Assistant Trainer).

It also is significant that Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey subjected a number of other linemen to harsh treatment. Most are black, but at least one is white (Nate Garner). Indeed, many players thought Garner was treated the worst. This suggests that Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey were equal- opportunity harassers. Further complicating this issue are reports (from both Incognito and Martin) that Jerry and Pouncey on occasion accused Martin of not acting “black enough”—statements that seem to reflect a problematic attitude toward racial identity and socio-economic differences and that reinforce crude racial stereotypes (although they do not seem to demonstrate racial animus).

Specifically, on December 13, 2012, Incognito and a former Dolphins offensive lineman, who is white, communicated about purchasing guns, apparently for recreational purposes. (We identify this former Dolphin as Player B.) The discussion veered into jokes about shooting black people:

Player B: Especially if u plan living in Arizona in the future, that’s exactly what you want
Incognito: Yea. For picking off zombies
Player B: Lol isn’t that why we own any weapons!?
Incognito: That and black people
Player B: Mmm def all black ppl

Four days later, Incognito and Player B discussed rifle scopes in text

Player B: Yes. That’s a solid optic made specifically for a .308 battle rifle
Incognito: Perfect for shooting black people
Player B: Lol exactly
Player B: Or Jeff Ireland

We accept that these messages are nothing more than thoughtless banter, with no underlying malicious intent. But such jokes are nonetheless reprehensible and arguably reflect deep-seated racial hostility.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Martin, after learning that he had a sister, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey started making repeated graphic sexual remarks about her. Typical insults, Martin reported, were along the lines of the following statements:

(1)We are going to run train on your sister. She loves me. I’m going to fuck her without a condom and cum in her ****.

(2) Hey, Jmart’s sister is in town. Get the plastic sheets ready, she’s a squirter.

(3) I’m going to bang the shit out of her and spit on her and treat her like shit.

(4) Hear your sister has a wolf-puss. A fat, hairy pussy.

Incognito did not dispute that he and others made repeated vulgar insults about Martin’s sister. Incognito stated that one goal of making such graphic comments was to irritate his teammate, and he recognized that Martin at times got agitated when his sister was ridiculed. Other teammates concurred that the “sister comments” seemed to make Martin unhappy. One player, whom we found credible, said that Incognito and others routinely mocked Martin’s sister and described the taunting as “an everyday constant thing.” This player added that the insults about his sister were “what would get to [Martin] the most.”

Like I said before, I am glad that the two of you don't employ anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was a fucking pussy. He does not belong in the NFL. Period.

I don't care what laws you claim we're violated. The NFL is a demanding place, and if you can't handle some locker room banter, you absolutely can't handle the actual stresses of the job.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was a fucking pussy. He does not belong in the NFL. Period.

I don't care what laws you claim we're violated. The NFL is a demanding place, and if you can't handle some locker room banter, you absolutely can't handle the actual stresses of the job.

You are a fucking pussy. He belongs in the NFL and I could give a shit what you think.

You are nothing short than a fucking coward.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't handle the minor shit that he got, he was 100% guaranteed to choke in any big regular season game, let alone a playoff run.

The NFL is not for the weak of heart, nor should it be.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't handle the minor shit that he got, he was 100% guaranteed to choke in any big regular season game, let alone a playoff run.

The NFL is not for the weak of heart, nor should it be.

Minor shit - hey about we do this. Lets make sure that you are not a hypocrite and make fun of your family members on a routine basis and see how you like it.

Oh wait - I forgot. You would actually do something like in person to someone else and see what the consequences are.

It doesn't surprise me that this is your position. I would love to see you do what Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey did and see if you would get away with it.

There are workplace rules in every industry. The NFL is no different. There is a difference between rude banter and what those guys did to the assistant trainer, Martin, Martin's sister, Martin's mother and other members of the offensive line were not over the line of regular banter and discourse but are lucky they have not been sued for their behavior or have been let go by the Dolphins.

What they did does not show leadership. It shows stupidity. Just like your position.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is not capable of being in the NFL. Incognito is.

As I have said since the beginning, Incognito makes another team; Martin doesn't.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is not capable of being in the NFL. Incognito is.

As I have said since the beginning, Incognito makes another team; Martin doesn't.

Whatever you say Mr. Know It All.

I know one head coach that will try and get Martin on his team and if you read the report, you would know that answer as well.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we cant harrass other posters here but its ok to in the nfl and players should just suck it up. brilliant!

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we cant harrass other posters here but its ok to in the nfl and players should just suck it up. brilliant!

Briz - I could not have said it myself. We seriously need to find another community forum if guys like JDM are the moderator on this website.

I would love to see something like this happen to JDM and his family and find out what it was like with the shoe on the other foot.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell i cant post on any board other than here i was banned for a little troll thread why cant the main board just suck it up? they pussies? im filing a lawsuit and suing sportshoopla for bullying posters!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Briz keep up the sense of humor and act a little less extreme patriot homer and you could probably get less restricted eventually.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
combine starting up this week anyone got any binkies yet going in? so far im in love with benjamin and chriton. i like calvin pryor too for safety but im not really high on taking a safety high again.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow someone just delete all the posts lool. conspiracy? nah.. :L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I deleted the posts in the topic because I think you got what you wanted from me and I don't see a reason to make that the topic of that topic. (EDIT: it didn't let me PM you, so I moved them to a separate topic instead in case you also can't PM mods)

I'd honestly just suggest you talk to hammer or fordman and see what you have to do to be unrestricted. I think you've followed through on their request that you handle it respectfully and I'm sure that if you ask, they'll tell you what the time span is or what you have to do to have it lifted.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea those were off topic and it was u so thats understandable. thought another mod poked his head in here and did it. that would of been lame.

cant private message them i dont have access. i dont care if they want to unban me thats fine. im not going to go begging them cuz i didnt do anything wrong other than being a patriots fan. probably going to leave this site soon anyways so it dont really matter.