• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday we were talking DTs...here's a DE they could get at some point on day two. I'll be looking for him at the Senior Bowl...hopefully he'll play. I want them to add better athletes and he looks the part but we'll see.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYftzD-Ok1I"]UNC Football: Kareem Martin Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB wont draft him. BB doesn't draft athletic guys. He'll draft someone no one knows and we'll all be scratching are heads again.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB wont draft him. BB doesn't draft athletic guys. He'll draft someone no one knows and we'll all be scratching are heads again.

SO TRUE! Checking the Rutgers roster in 3-2-1...

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really wish they'd drafted that Chandler Jones guy. They could have used an athletic DE like him.

For that matter, that Jamie Collins guy was an overachieving effort guy, not a pure athlete...

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish they'd drafted that Chandler Jones guy. They could have used an athletic DE like him.

For that matter, that Jamie Collins guy was an overachieving effort guy, not a pure athlete...

Trying to be a jerk?...I want them to add more athletes that can rush better than the ones they have. OK?

What do you want...more DEs like Average-Joe-Ninkovich, Inactive-Again-Bequette and Old-Man-Carter?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one position everyone is forgetting is RB. What are we going to do? I think there are enough in FA that we can get one there. Might have to draft one also.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to be a jerk?...I want them to add more athletes that can rush better than the ones they have. OK?

What do you want...more DEs like Average-Joe-Ninkovich, Inactive-Again-Bequette and Old-Man-Carter?

Actually the jerk would be you, TKO. The only opinions that are allowed are those by TKO who CANNOT wait to see this player or that player at the Senior Bowl, like this tool actually has a clue how to scout a player.

Just to make it clear how uninformed you are look here.

2013 NFL Team Defense Stats - National Football League - ESPN

The Patriots are 9th in sacks, they have 40 already, despite having suffered massive defensive injuries. They have 6 more this year than last year with two games to go. They lost the entire interior defensive line but then TKO knows all. Turns out per usual you are clueless.

The Pats are 10th in scoring defense and allowing 50+ yards per game less than last year despite the injuries. The Pats problems have been on offense.

When you actually get a clue we can discuss football.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one position everyone is forgetting is RB. What are we going to do? I think there are enough in FA that we can get one there. Might have to draft one also.

Is this a joke?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the jerk would be you, TKO. The only opinions that are allowed are those by TKO who CANNOT wait to see this player or that player at the Senior Bowl, like this tool actually has a clue how to scout a player.

Just to make it clear how uninformed you are look here.

2013 NFL Team Defense Stats - National Football League - ESPN

The Patriots are 9th in sacks, they have 40 already, despite having suffered massive defensive injuries. They have 6 more this year than last year with two games to go. They lost the entire interior defensive line but then TKO knows all. Turns out per usual you are clueless.

The Pats are 10th in scoring defense and allowing 50+ yards per game less than last year despite the injuries. The Pats problems have been on offense.

When you actually get a clue we can discuss football.

I expected you back for your monthly rant...but you're early.

Question to the logical members of this board:

Do you think the Patriots need to improve the pass rush?

My answer: Yes -- Obviously

Do you think the Pats need to improve the defense?

My answer: Yes -- Obviously

Rehoney's: Of course not you toolish foolish man! Belichick will fix all problems because he never makes mistakes scouting draft picks.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Belichick's scouting job been on defense Rehone?

Belichick's top 100 defensive picks over the last five years "rebuilding" the defense:

2009: #34 Patrick Chung -- #40 Ron Brace -- #41 Darius Butler -- #97 Tyrone McKenzie
2010: #27 McCourty -- #53 Cunningham -- #62 Spikes
2011: #33 Ras-I Dowling
2012: #21 Chandler Jones -- #25 Dont'a Hightower -- #48 Tavon Wilson -- #90 Bequette
2013: #52 Jamie Collins -- #83 Logan Ryan -- #91 Duron Harmon

2009: Where are they? Gone
2010: A corner @ 27 that had to be moved to safety, the wrong Florida DE, a slow-footed two down LB
2011: Mistake drafting a corner with an injury history...Ras-IR Dowling
2012: A hit with Jones WOOPEE!!! Another two down LB but he used a 1st rounder this time, a reach, a player that spends most of his time on the inactive list
2013: I like Collins. I like Ryan, another reach only he might have gotten this one as an UDFA

Based on the actual results and not female-like emotionalism:

IMO, Belichick made moves that were head scratchers and... as it turns out...everyone had a reason to scratch their heads and he would have probably done better just drafting based on Mel the Mullett's analysis.

Let's not forget how Belichick was taken to the cleaners by the Bengals and Redskins when he traded for Ochostinko and Haynesworth.

Let's not forget the 1st round pick he had to forfeit because he disregarded a league memo...in his defense, maybe he didn't know the actual rules back then like he didn't against the Jets this year.

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the window closing fast on this team they don't have time to develop 'hope he contributes' draft picks. They need to stock up on proven veteran players via the trade route or signings. IMO this teams window for winning it all has about 2 years left.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the window closing fast on this team they don't have time to develop 'hope he contributes' draft picks. They need to stock up on proven veteran players via the trade route or signings. IMO this teams window for winning it all has about 2 years left.

They better get the defense right by the time Brady leaves or it won't be pretty. Before that happens...hopefully Belichick can get it right and Brady might play another four so the window should still be open wide.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better get the defense right by the time Brady leaves or it won't be pretty. Before that happens...hopefully Belichick can get it right and Brady might play another four so the window should still be open wide.

I think in order to get it right you need to get rid of Patricia. I would like another rush DE then a quality defensive coordinator.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want them to add players who'll help them. I don't care whether they're a dedicated athlete or an overachieving effort guy like Bruschi. Both would be nice, but of course those guys go in the top 10, so you have to choose on a player by player basis.

I like Nink, they just need a better dedicated pass rusher for pure passing downs as well. Bequette sucks, Buchanan vanished, and Carter is obviously a midseason acquisition to cover a lack of depth - not a longterm solution. DE is a need.

I'd love to see them get the right big DT in the first round and an athletic project DE in the second, I'd consider that a successful two rounds if the players worked out, but drafts don't really work that way.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to add players who'll help them. I don't care whether they're a dedicated athlete or an overachieving effort guy like Bruschi. Both would be nice, but of course those guys go in the top 10, so you have to choose on a player by player basis.

I like Nink, they just need a better dedicated pass rusher for pure passing downs as well. Bequette sucks, Buchanan vanished, and Carter is obviously a midseason acquisition to cover a lack of depth - not a longterm solution. DE is a need.

I'd love to see them get the right big DT in the first round and an athletic project DE in the second, I'd consider that a successful two rounds if the players worked out, but drafts don't really work that way.

Issue with your plan is it lacks a quality TE which is a position of need for this team. We need an athletic TE that can run well, is agile a compliment to Gronk. If you want a DE that is a project DE that can wait until the third round IMO. I say round one needs to be best DT or TE which ever position is on the board Round two take to other position round three DE

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight end is not a position that should be addressed in the early rounds. The idea to keep throwing around of that is absurd.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight end is not a position that should be addressed in the early rounds. The idea to keep throwing around of that is absurd.

Yeah because we have had such success at the position this year.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issue with your plan is it lacks a quality TE which is a position of need for this team. We need an athletic TE that can run well, is agile a compliment to Gronk. If you want a DE that is a project DE that can wait until the third round IMO. I say round one needs to be best DT or TE which ever position is on the board Round two take to other position round three DE

You aren't going to get everything you need in one draft.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't going to get everything you need in one draft.

I agree I just think the need for TE is greater then DE. When we had Aaron and Rob this team was tough, real tough teams had issues stopping the two TE set especially with a speedy slot guy which we have. If Armestead comes back with Vince and Kelly there is potential at the DT position. I am not entirely sure Buchannon is done I still see potential. IMO after round three the TE talent drops, really after round two. There is still some talent at DE in round three. Our Red Zone efficiency is horrible and another TE would help that. To me if you want to take as you said a project DE you can wait until the third round.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a player like the one I had in the OP could be that project DE and that's pretty much what I was saying. I'm with you on the DT. Wilfork may be 100% but isn't getting younger and neither is Kelly. I think we all hold out hope for Armstead but I'd still like to see them add a good young one from the draft. Ideally, I want to see better athletes but they need to be "football players" too like Bruschi was...not workout warriors.