• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we really need to do is have to mocks in one post. Our fantasy draft and what we think BB will do draft. BB does not always draft best player available, or greatest team need, and he is prone to reach if he thinks a player fits the team chemistry or is multi faceted.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I love this. Didn't that LB from Iowa look small to you all?

Yea - he is small. As in strong safety small and I am not sure that he has the quickness to play strong safety in the NFL. He is Dane Fletcher lite but a better tackler. Of course, he could become the next Bobby Wagner which is certainly a good thing.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh that shows nothing mind blowing not sure he would be legit #1. And why must there always be a dumb song with the video? I guess thats just the thing now a day

I was kind of trying to show his size Mojo. He looks like a big guy to me, which is a plus.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison had that incident at the combine in Indy where he and another player trashed a hotel room. That dropped him out of the 2013 draft and then, in tryouts, it was found he had a broken bone in his foot. That's how the Pats got him and placed him first on PUP and than on IR. I am also interested in seeing how his size and athleticism translates to the pros. With him and a healthy Dobson, TB would have two big targets in the red zone. Both receivers also have good speed.

I forgot about Mark Harrison. 6-3 231 pounds and a combine 4.46 but has been timed in low 4.3s. A physical freak but had character issues and I think Pats red shirted him since he ws cleared to come off PUP but they IR'd him. He ran that 4.46 with a broken bone in his foot.Maybe he is that hybrid TE/WR we are looking for. He has stayed out of trouble and Rutgers players seem ready to play in the NFL.

Got in trouble at combine which killed his stock and then the broken foot was found AFTER he had a mind blowing combine for his size. If Pats had not wanted to keep him around they could have IR'd him and then had an injury settlement so they could dump him. Could be an interesting kid to watch in camp.

I am also interested in seeing Armstead who according to a friend was really one sick kid from that infection he had.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - he is small. As in strong safety small and I am not sure that he has the quickness to play strong safety in the NFL. He is Dane Fletcher lite but a better tackler. Of course, he could become the next Bobby Wagner which is certainly a good thing.

So in essence a project one way or the other. Either way we have to work on converting him if the speed and agility and ability to read receivers and track the ball are there or bulk him up enough to where he doesn't get run over in this league. Not that a project is an issue if the skills are potentially worth the pick.

I was kind of trying to show his size Mojo. He looks like a big guy to me, which is a plus.

Agreed, the one thing that did not stand out to me was his ability to go up and get the ball at it's highest point. Not to say that is a skill he lacks I just did not see it.

I forgot about Mark Harrison. 6-3 231 pounds and a combine 4.46 but has been timed in low 4.3s. A physical freak but had character issues and I think Pats red shirted him since he ws cleared to come off PUP but they IR'd him. He ran that 4.46 with a broken bone in his foot.Maybe he is that hybrid TE/WR we are looking for. He has stayed out of trouble and Rutgers players seem ready to play in the NFL.

Got in trouble at combine which killed his stock and then the broken foot was found AFTER he had a mind blowing combine for his size. If Pats had not wanted to keep him around they could have IR'd him and then had an injury settlement so they could dump him. Could be an interesting kid to watch in camp.

I am also interested in seeing Armstead who according to a friend was really one sick kid from that infection he had.

Wonder how much weight and strength he lost because of it. Has he recovered, do you know?

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Player Scouting Profiles | Bleacher Report

James Christiansen of NEPatriotsDraft.net posted his 7-round mock draft on the Bleacher Report.

His mock will look familiar.

I don't like his first move.

"Unfortunately for New England, Hageman is expected by many, including Rob Rang and Dane Brugler of CBS Sports, to have already been selected by the time that the Patriots are on the clock. In this mock draft, they've sent their first-, third- and sixth-round picks in 2014, and a third-round selection in 2015, to the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for the 14th pick and a fifth-round in the 2014 draft."

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we take him in round one I do not think he will be there. I think Michael Sam is our guy if waiting until late round 2.

Michael Sam just declared he's gay.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant imagine a gay guy in the nfl it would be real weird only because of the lockeroom. that would be like a straight guy being a member of a cheerleading squad and getting to shower with all the women in the lockeroom. yowzah!

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could you miss that mojo! tsk. j/k lool

That gay situation could morph into a can of worms that would be worse than the hostile work environment alleged in Miami...no thanks. They also need to remember the locker room harassment case they had with Lisa Olson years ago...no thanks on that one too.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant imagine a gay guy in the nfl it would be real weird only because of the lockeroom. that would be like a straight guy being a member of a cheerleading squad and getting to shower with all the women in the lockeroom. yowzah!

LOL. Dumbass. There are gay guys all over NFL locker rooms. Gay women in womens locker rooms.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Dumbass. There are gay guys all over NFL locker rooms. Gay women in womens locker rooms.
really? name one gay nfl player plz. yea im sure there are some but who have come out and said it? still waiting. its one thing to have secret gay players in the lockeroom and its another to know who they are and see them stalking you in the shower. lool

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? name one gay nfl player plz. yea im sure there are some but who have come out and said it? still waiting. its one thing to have secret gay players in the lockeroom and its another to know who they are and see them stalking you in the shower. lool

ex-players all week have said they've had teammates who were gay. They weren't out to the public but their teammates knew.

This shit is stupid. I swear some guys are morons. He's gay, so he is going to want to bone me. What an ego.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ex-players all week have said they've had teammates who were gay. They weren't out to the public but their teammates knew.

This shit is stupid. I swear some guys are morons. He's gay, so he is going to want to bone me. What an ego.

link?

its a big deal in the media cuz guys dont like gay guys in their football lockeroom. that place is sacred to men like a brotherhood. if you havent played organized football you wouldnt know. thats why media is praising Sam for his courage. not for coming out as gay, everyone does that all the time, but coming out as gay as a football player. openenly announcing you are gay to a group of tough men in a football lockeroom is almost like throwing youself into a lions den. you could literally be skinned alive.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito is still chirping trash about Martin on Twitter...the Pats don't need a similar locker room problem so...I repeat:

NO THANKS to Sam.

Do you seriously want this kind of stuff in the locker room from players like Ted Washington:

When he isn't making life easier for the less fortunate, (Ted)Washington enjoys making his friends feel at ease. His sense of humor was on display in New England's locker room just about every day last season, whether he was playfully interrupting teammates' interviews or greeting them with "Mornin'!" The Patriots seemed to enjoy Washington's pranks.
But a different and not-so-funny picture of Washington was presented by former San Francisco 49ers head trainer Lindsy McLean in the Feb. 16 issue of ESPN The Magazine.McLean is gay. He came out in the magazine, in a story titled, "The Healer," though many who worked or played for the 49ers during McLean's 24 years with the organization already knew. McLean shared several stories of humiliation and ridicule with ESPN, including the following:
"In the early '90s, when a 350-pound lineman would chase him around, grab him from behind, push him against a locker, and simulate r*pe . . . The lineman, a starter in this year's Super Bowl, reprised his act whenever he could; even after he was traded to another team, he'd sneak up on McLean in the locker room and alongside the team bus."
Washington, who is listed at 365 pounds, was the 49ers' first-round pick in 1991 and spent the first three years of his career in San Francisco.