• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Penguins

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didnt think there would be. The play ended up in a nasty way, but it never looked like Kunitz meant to do that.

Still, you never know what Shannaban will think of things.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how Shero would swing it, but I have to admit, this would be sweet! :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss is a loss, but I'm not losing much sleep over this one, or the previous one against Buff. It appears that the absence of Letang, Martin and Crosby is making an impact on their current play, which isn't a surprise. In fact, I can't believe how well they played without Tanger and Paul in the lineup.

It sounds like Letang is close to returning, as it's been reported that he has been skating regularly on his own, and he could be back for the rematch with the Rags on Friday. His return to the lineup will be most welcome. The powerplay looks like crap, and their 5v5 play, which has been stellar all season, has struggled these last two games... not surprising considering they are currently missing their captain, and the top two TOI players'.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The streak had to end eventually & last night was probably a letdown. I'll be concerned if we lose again on Friday.

That said, we have a nice cushion & some time to get everything put together for a playoff run.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is great news

After tonight's re-match with the Rags, the Pens don't play again until next Tuesday. A rare 3 days between games in this lock-out shortened sprint to the finish line. I'm sure this will bode well for Letang getting himself back to game shape.

I really feel his addition to the lineup is what will make the biggest difference for this team going forward through these last regular season games. Sid and Martin aren't likely to be back anytime soon. It is a luxury the Pens can afford, though, as they sit comfortably atop the Atlantic division.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

figured I would drop this here. There was a rumor going yesterday out of Philadelphia:rollseyes: that Sid was experiencing some symptoms. Which were quickly shot down by Sid's agent, and Shero.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 Atlantic Division Champions :yahoo:

Now it's time to get healthy. No excuse to rush guys back with this thing locked down in early April.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree esp. amongst defenseman... (tongue in cheek, lets not get letang a norris unitl after he is resigned)... but I feel the sooner Sid and Nealer can get back the better... 25% new offensive players... the forwards will need time to work on chemistry...

my 'crazy' lines, well,

Kunitz-Sid-Jarome
Neal-Malkin-Jokenin (faceoffs as well for 2nd line)
Morrow-Sutter-Dupper (brings scoring to 3rd line)
Cooke-Adams-Glass (PK line)

TK/Bennett/DJ

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Once the team is healthy, DB has some interesting decisions to make... he and Fleury have the most pressure on them this post season.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins need healthy Paul Martin, Kris Letang to win Stanley Cup - CBSSports.com

The Penguins have only had Letang and Martin in the same lineup for 26 of their 42 games this season and are 20-6 in those games, outscoring their opponents by more than a full goal per game, which is a huge gap.

fount this comment interesting
breaking down the W/L records...

Wins Losses %
20 6 0.769230769 (with both)
33 10 0.76744186 (total season)
13 4 0.764705882 (without)

Now am I being a bit facetious? Yes, of course I want them both back in the lineup together ASAP. But I just like it when the authors don't think through what the stats they post ALSO say.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some folks may like to watch this game... Memorial Cup... Portland vs London.... I belive NHL network is playing the game on Tuesday.

London: Harrington and Maata
Portland: Pouliot

All games will re-air on NHL network, plenty of chances to wtach these pens prospects, but this game they will face eachother, so if time is an issue for you, this one game makes sense.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a great goal highlight of Harrington in their game against the Hawks.
Pouliot had a PP goal in this game, as well

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Kunitz, Dupuis and Neal combine for a worse showing than they did in the ECF, last night. It was like traveling in the way back machine going back to the glory days Dicky Tarnstrom and Milan Kraft.

I hate this day. At least in the Philthy series last year they still managed to put the puck in the net seemingly at will. They can't even generate quality scoring opportunities against the B's. if Bylsma isn't willing to adjust his plan of attack and stop being so reliant on the stretch pass, this series might not even make it back to Pittsburgh.

:gaah: