• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL DRAFT Baalke Bash Partie deux et trois

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Ertz - TE - Cardinal

NFL.com's Gil Brandt has heard the 49ers really like Stanford TE Zach Ertz, possibly at pick No. 34.

The connection is obvious, as Ertz played under the 49ers head coach while at Stanford. With the departure of Delanie Walker, the 49ers could be looking for an upgrade at their backup tight end spot.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Apr 26 - 3:24 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Matt Barkley - QB - Player

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on SportsCenter that he expects USC QB Matt Barkley and Mississippi State CB Johnthan Banks to be on the Jaguars' radar at No. 33 overall.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wanting Margus Hunt, justin hunter, or Hankins. However, trading back with the jets or another team to acquire more picks for this or next years draft makes a lot of sense to me. We're in a prime spot for teams to trade up to draft a qb. And I still want Landry Jones in the 3rd round if he's there. All though mike Glennon may be the steal of the draft.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft Insider News & Notes: April 26th

- The New Orleans Saints have shown a lot of interest in Cornelius Washington and will look to the Georgia product at some point today. He’d fit a need at linebacker in their defensive scheme and people I’ve spoken with told me Washington will offer immediate returns as a 3-4 OLB compared to a 4-3 DE, where he will need more development.

Argh!

Great. He ain't making it to the third. I really wanted him at 34 OLB.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How high it would be and his blocking.

I don't want him anywhere in the 2nd round. But let me tell you, in our offense, he would be one heck of a weapon. By default, any TE we bring will look better than they are simply because we have one of the top 3 best TEs in the league in Vernon Davis. Davis' presence alone makes a #2 "good TE" look like a "great TE". Defenses will not want to get killed by Crabtree and Davis, so when we run our two TE sets, those two guys will draw most of the attention. Which would then leave someone like Ertz matchup with a mediocre defender and Ertz with his size and deceptive short area quickness will make you pay. Ertz probably knows 50% of our playbook already and he could step in from day one and not get too overwhelmed like most rookies would. With all that being said, I still think we have more pressing need than to address our #2 TE position. Gavin Escobar, though not as athletic as Ertz, can be a "great #2 TE" in our offense because of how impactful Vernon Davis is - he's so good that the #2 TE becomes the forgotten man in which Roman/Harbaugh will eventually exploit once that happens.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him anywhere in the 2nd round. But let me tell you, in our offense, he would be one heck of a weapon. By default, any TE we bring will look better than they are simply because we have one of the top 3 best TEs in the league in Vernon Davis. Davis' presence alone makes a #2 "good TE" look like a "great TE". Defenses will not want to get killed by Crabtree and Davis, so when we run our two TE sets, those two guys will draw most of the attention. Which would then leave someone like Ertz matchup with a mediocre defender and Ertz with his size and deceptive short area quickness will make you pay. Ertz probably knows 50% of our playbook already and he could step in from day one and not get too overwhelmed like most rookies would. With all that being said, I still think we have more pressing need than to address our #2 TE position. Gavin Escobar, though not as athletic as Ertz, can be a "great #2 TE" in our offense because of how impactful Vernon Davis is - he's so good that the #2 TE becomes the forgotten man in which Roman/Harbaugh will eventually exploit once that happens.

I liked Ertz in College and want him on the Niners but I agree that we could get another good TE later in the draft with Escobar or even Joseph Fauria from UCLA or wait and get Levine Toilolo(sp?). I liked him at Stanford. The dude is huge, can run and block. Would be a nice addition.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to work yesterday and missed our pick for the first round, but did the tradition of commercials for our pick continue or did the trade throw off their diabolical conspiracy?

The trade screwed them into showing the pick but they recovered quickly enough to not show Reid on stage with the jersey.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do you mean trade back from 34 to 35? Swapping 3rd rounders would be a screw job for Philly in that scenario.

Yes, I meant trade back from 34 to 35. I figured we would have to include some other picks to make it happen, I didn't mean just a straight swap though. I was hoping to use some of our picks to move up in the draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm about to spew some typical fan crap so bear with me if you're going to read this, although I'd like to think I'm a little more researched and well thought out than the average fan. With that said, I'm becoming increasingly crabby as the draft start time approaches because I fear how this day is going to go.

There are SO many good names out there for these next two rounds but SO many names that would make me want to throw stuff through my windows. What doesn't help is there have been a number of solid additions to team's in the NFC West over the past year or so and already a number of moves that were made by teams outside the division that I don't like either. I don't want to sound too much like a number of other select fans that visit these boards but I don't want to see the team lose any more ground to those other teams but it's slowly starting to feel like that could be the way things are going to go. We'll see.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about that time

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my last rail and then got about a mile jog. This is gonna be close.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jog fast Ray. You will make it

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm about to spew some typical fan crap so bear with me if you're going to read this, although I'd like to think I'm a little more researched and well thought out than the average fan. With that said, I'm becoming increasingly crabby as the draft start time approaches because I fear how this day is going to go.

There are SO many good names out there for these next two rounds but SO many names that would make me want to throw stuff through my windows. What doesn't help is there have been a number of solid additions to team's in the NFC West over the past year or so and already a number of moves that were made by teams outside the division that I don't like either. I don't want to sound too much like a number of other select fans that visit these boards but I don't want to see the team lose any more ground to those other teams but it's slowly starting to feel like that could be the way things are going to go. We'll see.

Can you put up your bad/scared list? That would be pretty cool to see and keep track of too