• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Deutsche Bank Championship Thread

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Tiger was acting, but my point is the amount of air time he gets creates more drama than the reality of his injury. Agreed...if he was T25 or something maybe he does pull out...I just don't think he would risk anything long term to finish that event.

I've played a tournament with a spasmic back...just locked up that morning...literally could not get in and out of the cart with ease for the 1st few holes until the muscle relaxers kicked in...played all 18 holes.

:agree: The media is stupid. Every sport, the media asks dumb questions. Questions in hopes to tick people off or create more drama. Football, baseball, golf, etc. If Tiger wasn't in the hunt, they would have never followed him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm talkin' about. And I bet you didn't fall to your knees and pose for your buddies when you hity a bad shot either.

My 1st drive off the tee went about 150 yds but it was the FW...kinda punched a 5iron to the front on the green ...got up n down for par...the next hole didn't go so well...it was bad there for about 45 mins.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: The media is stupid. Every sport, the media asks dumb questions. Questions in hopes to tick people off or create more drama. Football, baseball, golf, etc. If Tiger wasn't in the hunt, they would have never followed him.

Journalism is supposed to be better if they ask the "tough" questions...back when I was growing up you had CBS, ABC, and NBC...multiply that by 100 and you have the media today...same concept just way more competitive so stupid questions have become the norm.

TV is finally starting to back off TW coverage on the final day if he's not in the hunt, but they still show snippets of his round.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Journalism is supposed to be better if they ask the "tough" questions...back when I was growing up you had CBS, ABC, and NBC...multiply that by 100 and you have the media today...same concept just way more competitive so stupid questions have become the norm.

TV is finally starting to back off TW coverage on the final day if he's not in the hunt, but they still show snippets of his round.

Yep & it is not just that there are more outlets - it is the type of coverage that is shown. There is a lot more of the TMZ type stuff nowadays so anything that hints of controversy will be played to the hilt. Also - people here are proving why they would show someone like Tiger so often - because people watch. The media doesn't care whether we watch to love or to hate - only that we watch.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, everyone poses when they hit a shot. You know the guys I am talking about. I am sure you have played with many. Heck, look at what people wear while on the golf course in your home state. It's a freaking fashion show some days. :lol:
Lots of golfers & other athletes do similar. There is no way that Mickelson is constantly high fiving the crowd & displaying that goofy grin non-stop if the cameras aren't rolling.

What about the late Payne Stewart (RIP)? I am sure that attention was the main reason for wearing those clothes. So what? Again - golf is also a form of entertainment so this is all part of the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of golfers & other athletes do similar. There is no way that Mickelson is constantly high fiving the crowd & displaying that goofy grin non-stop if the cameras aren't rolling.

What about the late Payne Stewart (RIP)? I am sure that attention was the main reason for wearing those clothes. So what? Again - golf is also a form of entertainment so this is all part of the mix.

I'm sure. And it ledto a 750 grand yearly contract with the NFL for him to wear the colors of the NFL team from the city that the PGS was playing in that week. Remember that?

I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with was Woods' drama queen act when he hit the shot in the lake or Watson publicly berating and blaming his caddie for his shot in the water a month or so ago.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the group of Woods, Scott and Mickelson.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure. And it ledto a 750 grand yearly contract with the NFL for him to wear the colors of the NFL team from the city that the PGS was playing in that week. Remember that?

I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with was Woods' drama queen act when he hit the shot in the lake or Watson publicly berating and blaming his caddie for his shot in the water a month or so ago.

Not sure about the observation about Tiger, but I do agree about Watson.

Question about your observation about Stewart - was that for him? I thought that the NFL type outfits were for Ben Curtis. Didn't realize Stewart also did this.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprised that anybody isn't doing this now. It is a good way to get a lot of crowd support from the locals & get free apparel & $$ to boot. I recall Curtis complaining one time since I believe he is a Browns fan & cringed when having to wear the Steelers or Ravens outfits. You couldn't pay me enough to wear Cowboys gear.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that anybody isn't doing this now. It is a good way to get a lot of crowd support from the locals & get free apparel & $$ to boot. I recall Curtis complaining one time since I believe he is a Browns fan & cringed when having to wear the Steelers or Ravens outfits. You couldn't pay me enough to wear Cowboys gear.

I'm not sure the NFL believes they need this type of advertising anymore as popular as the game is now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My choice for this week: Jason Dufner.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Payne Stewart was a class act above the rest. He respected the game and wore clothing of that worn when golf was created. I don't think he did it to get attention. It was just who he was.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about? Aren't you from or live in SoCal? Home of where the Cowboys hold preseason training, Oxnard, CA. :laugh3:

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Woods claims he is healthy, again. We shall see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne Stewart was a class act above the rest. He respected the game and wore clothing of that worn when golf was created. I don't think he did it to get attention. It was just who he was.

PS...was a class act...(possibly why he was taken so young), but he was not always that way...I saw a bio on him shortly after he passed (what a way to go btw), apparently he was a bit of hot heat, party animal, then found religion ...I think the knickers were a way to differentiate himself at first, then it became more of a trademark, tribute to the past.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Aren't you from or live in SoCal? Home of where the Cowboys hold preseason training, Oxnard, CA. :laugh3:

Bite your tongue! Please take a look at my favorite teams. I moved to Alabama about a year ago. Prior to that I lived in SoCal for about 20 years. However - I was raised in the DC area & my loyalty is with those teams especially the Redskins.

I remember golfing at the course right next to that Cowboys training facility (it is right next to one of the tee boxes). I was tempted to take a leak on that field but refrained.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the group of Woods, Scott and Mickelson.

Well - you should be thrilled - at least for today - since Mickelson is on fire right now. Good for him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice round by Mickelson. Dufner in the hunt.