• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Deutsche Bank Championship Thread

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest. Cmon - Tiger obviously had real back problems & pain. Your hatred blinds you to actual facts. You may hate Tiger for whatever reason, but I would hope that you at least respected his toughness during the last 4-5 holes today. He was one ball turn away from a playoff. A lot of people would have simply walked off the course if they went through what he did on the back nine. Back pain is not easy to deal with especially at their level.

Congrats to Scott.

I can't stand Scott because of the long putter. The PGA needs to remove it sooner rather than later and should put an "*" next to his name for using the broom when he wins. IMO, using the long putter creates an unfair advantage. I have tried it several times and I am a much better putter using it myself, but I refuse to buy one. Again, it's my opinion.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that tennis player left McElroy? I thought they were saying that he was spending too much time with her instead of practicing.

I didn't mean she left Rory. You are right, he was spending too much time with her, or at least people are using that as an excuse. IMO, I believe its because he switched clubs.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest. Cmon - Tiger obviously had real back problems & pain. Your hatred blinds you to actual facts. You may hate Tiger for whatever reason, but I would hope that you at least respected his toughness during the last 4-5 holes today. He was one ball turn away from a playoff. A lot of people would have simply walked off the course if they went through what he did on the back nine. Back pain is not easy to deal with especially at their level.

Congrats to Scott.

I couldn't agree more. I have an annular tear in my L5-S1 disc and when I play golf, my back is so tight, it kills me later that day. It really bad when I try to play back-to-back rounds in tourney's. I know how Tiger feels. Back problems can be caused by anything and as simple as one sneezing can blow out a disc. When you create a swing speed like Tiger does, know wonder it brought him to his knees.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Scott because of the long putter. The PGA needs to remove it sooner rather than later and should put an "*" next to his name for using the broom when he wins. IMO, using the long putter creates an unfair advantage. I have tried it several times and I am a much better putter using it myself, but I refuse to buy one. Again, it's my opinion.

Agree, It is just kind of odd that they will take so long to implement this change. In the meantime - lots of fans will have the same type of opinion & not respect some of these wins as much. It also sounds like most/all of the guys using the long putter will stick it out until they change in 2016. Scott said as much yesterday when asked about this subject.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a frickin drama queen. The replay showed he was just fine until he saw his ball go in the water then he drops to his knees. get the hell out of here Woods. Good lord I detest this a hole.

Cmon - you know that isn't true. What exactly would be his motivation? Why was he also wincing & barely able to get the ball out of the cup after putts?

You make some valid points about Tiger & Lord knows he has some issues. However - you take if too far & portray him as the devil personified. Not everything that he does is that bad. Give it a rest.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodland had 4 excellent opportunities for birdie on the back nine and missed them all. He blew it big time. And can someone please explain what his thinking was pulling out a driver with a pond only 310 yards away? He could hit 3-wood and 6 iron to that hole and two-putt for birdie. I don't get it.

Tiger...I really think the drama is created by the TV guys...ok he went to his knees on the one shot, I think part of it was the outcome of the shot too, but after that every move they made it seem like was in wrenching pain...if it was that bad he would W/D...he hit some solid shots there at the end.

Woodland imo blew this tourney...the one play that Sir Nick was questioning, the driver play that went into the water...it was a dumb play because your mistake straight ball can't go swimming, but obviously he was trying to cut that ball and it didn't cut.

Then he had 3 birdie putts all inside 10'...missed all of them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon - you know that isn't true. What exactly would be his motivation? Why was he also wincing & barely able to get the ball out of the cup after putts?

You make some valid points about Tiger & Lord knows he has some issues. However - you take if too far & portray him as the devil personified. Not everything that he does is that bad. Give it a rest.

So how come he stayed in the same hotel in the same bed for the entire tournament (according to the dopes on Morning Drive)? No one falls to the ground in pain from a swing and then swings out of his ass on the next tee. He fell to his knees from frustration at his horrendous shot and played it off like it was his back. I say again, no one swings that hard immediately after hurting their back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger...I really think the drama is created by the TV guys...ok he went to his knees on the one shot, I think part of it was the outcome of the shot too, but after that every move they made it seem like was in wrenching pain...if it was that bad he would W/D...he hit some solid shots there at the end.

Woodland imo blew this tourney...the one play that Sir Nick was questioning, the driver play that went into the water...it was a dumb play because your mistake straight ball can't go swimming, but obviously he was trying to cut that ball and it didn't cut.

But why try for a cut anyway when he could have hit his three wood and a six iron to the green? He dropped in front of the pond and then hit it over the green with a six iron which tells me there was never a need for driver on that hole. And then he lays up on the 299 yard 16th? WTF?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. However - if he can't make even one of those short putts then he really doesn't deserve to win. It just appears as if this guy will always be the longest driver on the tour & not much else.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how come he stayed in the same hotel in the same bed for the entire tournament (according to the dopes on Morning Drive)? No one falls to the ground in pain from a swing and then swings out of his ass on the next tee. He fell to his knees from frustration at his horrendous shot and played it off like it was his back. I say again, no one swings that hard immediately after hurting their back.

Why even worry about it? If you think he was faking or playing to the cameras then so be it. You think that Mickelson doesn't play to the cameras just about all of the time? Of course he does. So what. In the end these guys are entertainers as well as being golfers.

Again - falling to his knees might have been the result of other things, but it was pretty obvious that he was in pain. Why is that so hard to believe?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a few things in golf I simply will not do. One is use a long putter and another is use a yellow ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very disappointed to see Chappel pack it in after that awful double bogey as well. but Kuchar going from -12 to -4 in a span of 7 holes was inexplicable. That was a very odd 20-30 minutes of golf there at the end. I thought I was watching an amateur tourney.

You had all these big name guys bunched up near -11, then they all fell apart at the same time...in different ways. I think the stage was too big for Chappel.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few things in golf I simply will not do. One is use a long putter and another is use a yellow ball.

I thought the same thing T...I played with a guy once that was using a Strixon yellow ball...I could see it land in the FWs which I can't always do that with a white ball now....I tried some Wilson 50/50 compression in yellow...I do like that I can track/find them easier, but when this dz is gone I don't expect to buy anymore.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Tiger plays this coming weekend. The scheduled pairing for Fri & Sat is Woods, Scott & Mickelson. Should be fun to watch.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Tiger plays this coming weekend. The scheduled pairing for Fri & Sat is Woods, Scott & Mickelson. Should be fun to watch.

Great pairing!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too, that way I'm guaranteed to have a rooting interest.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed!

Scott is a favorite of mine, b/c of his swing, but I have no empathy for them either, I would've given them a 3 event grace period, majors not included...then enforced it...the long/mid putter will still be around, but anchoring it to the body is what needs to go anyway.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!

Scott is a favorite of mine, b/c of his swing, but I have no empathy for them either, I would've given them a 3 event grace period, majors not included...then enforced it...the long/mid putter will still be around, but anchoring it to the body is what needs to go anyway.

I like the way he conducts himself on the course but I hate the anchored putter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way he conducts himself on the course but I hate the anchored putter.

Makes players look constipated imo using the anchored putter

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes players look constipated imo using the anchored putter

I used to play with a guy who used an anchored putting stroke with a claw grip and he hunched over the ball with his feet pigeon toed. He looked the proverbial monkey fucking a football that they always talk about