• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Deutsche Bank Championship Thread

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way Tiger was going to WD. He was in the hunt and won half a Mil. Had he not been in the top 20, it might have been different.

Toby, you make me laugh. You said you wouldn't play with a yellow ball. How about a pink one? Just kidding. Do you remember back in the early 80's, Yellow and Orange was common. Then they faded out. Heck, even Ping had a ball that was two tone.

As for Scott giving up the anchor putter, we all know better. If you can use it and your winning, why stop. I agree, the PGA should have ended it sooner. I guess it will drag on like Ping's square grooves. It was stupid to get rid of the square grooves because I can still spin the hell out of a ball regardless of which club I use.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play with a guy who used an anchored putting stroke with a claw grip and he hunched over the ball with his feet pigeon toed. He looked the proverbial monkey fucking a football that they always talk about

Did he at least putt well? lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way Tiger was going to WD. He was in the hunt and won half a Mil. Had he not been in the top 20, it might have been different.

As for Scott giving up the anchor putter, we all know better. If you can use it and your winning, why stop. I agree, the PGA should have ended it sooner. I guess it will drag on like Ping's square grooves. It was stupid to get rid of the square grooves because I can still spin the hell out of a ball regardless of which club I use.

TW...he made a lot of good golf swings after dropping to his knees...he's already in the top 100 for next week so him playing it out imo meant he wasn't hurting that badly...he felt he could finish with whatever pain he was dealing with.

Scott...exactly why it doesn't bother me that much...he's maxing out on the rules...if he totally goes away without anchoring I would be very surprised. 2016 is senseless though, should be starting on the PGAT next season at the latest.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TW...he made a lot of good golf swings after dropping to his knees...he's already in the top 100 for next week so him playing it out imo meant he wasn't hurting that badly...he felt he could finish with whatever pain he was dealing with.

Scott...exactly why it doesn't bother me that much...he's maxing out on the rules...if he totally goes away without anchoring I would be very surprised. 2016 is senseless though, should be starting on the PGAT next season at the latest.

It depends what you mean by "hurting that badly". I have no doubt that he was in pain - you could see it on camera for the following holes & there was no way that was strictly an act. He has already shown that he has a high tolerance to pain. Now - if he felt that the injury could jeopardize his health moving forward then yes I could see him considering not finishing. The prize money would mean just about nothing to him - it is like the equivalent of a days pay to the rest of us.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toby, you make me laugh. You said you wouldn't play with a yellow ball. How about a pink one? Just kidding. Do you remember back in the early 80's, Yellow and Orange was common. Then they faded out. Heck, even Ping had a ball that was two tone.

Then he wasn't hurt. And no, I would never play with any ball that was not white. And I'm very particular as to what brand of ball I play. I can't help it. Another thing I will never do is bring the "fishing pole" to get my ball out of the water. If a ball goes in, I want nothing more to do with it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, for the Tour players at least.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends what you mean by "hurting that badly". I have no doubt that he was in pain - you could see it on camera for the following holes & there was no way that was strictly an act. He has already shown that he has a high tolerance to pain. Now - if he felt that the injury could jeopardize his health moving forward then yes I could see him considering not finishing. The prize money would mean just about nothing to him - it is like the equivalent of a days pay to the rest of us.

There you go, I agree...finishing for the sake of prize money is not a factor whether is be 1st or 10th...that's why I said he couldn't been hurting that badly (to the point he thought it would do further damage).

It was clear he was in some pain, but to what degree...I think TV made more of than it reality.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Agreed, for the Tour players at least.

I think LPGA, Web.com, Euro Tour...all should impose it next year...a 3 year phase in period is too long...the only tour I have no issues with it is the Champions tour as that's more or less exhibition golf imo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LPGA, Web.com, Euro Tour...all should impose it next year...a 3 year phase in period is too long...the only tour I have no issues with it is the Champions tour as that's more or less exhibition golf imo.

Yep, all Tour Players.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go, I agree...finishing for the sake of prize money is not a factor whether is be 1st or 10th...that's why I said he couldn't been hurting that badly (to the point he thought it would do further damage).

It was clear he was in some pain, but to what degree...I think TV made more of than it reality.

Agree - TV certainly overstates a lot of this just to create drama. I think this year's TPC was a perfect example. I didn't mind any of it since it was very entertaining, but a lot of it was contrived primarily by the media. If Tiger & Sergio simply made their initial comments & the media left it at that it probably would not have been that big of a deal. However -they ran & re-ran the comments (& pushed both of them to make further comments) non-stop. That is just the current state of the 24x7 media which always has to have a story.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree - TV certainly overstates a lot of this just to create drama. I think this year's TPC was a perfect example. I didn't mind any of it since it was very entertaining, but a lot of it was contrived primarily by the media. If Tiger & Sergio simply made their initial comments & the media left it at that it probably would not have been that big of a deal. However -they ran & re-ran the comments (& pushed both of them to make further comments) non-stop. That is just the current state of the 24x7 media which always has to have a story.

All professional athletes should immediately be told "The media is not your friend".

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to always be looking for controversy or to create trouble.

Everyone wants to have their own schtick. The originals like Gowdy, Schenckel, McKay & Co. reported the facts, but still put a little personal spin on it. I think Cossell took it to a new level towards the end of his career. Madden furthered ot, but since he actaully had credibility, it wasn't too bad. Chucky is just awful. The low-level clowns these days just go for the ratings. Locally, it is painful to listen to 680 or 95.7.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants to have their own schtick. The originals like Gowdy, Schenckel, McKay & Co. reported the facts, but still put a little personal spin on it. I think Cossell took it to a new level towards the end of his career. Madden furthered ot, but since he actaully had credibility, it wasn't too bad. Chucky is just awful. The low-level clowns these days just go for the ratings. Locally, it is painful to listen to 680 or 95.7.

Times have changed since the press used to look the other way while President Kennedy was sneaking Marilyn Monroe into the White House, haven't they?

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree guys and here is why. Tiger is all about the money. Selling his name, brand, clothing line, building golf courses, autographs, etc. In the past, Tiger has dropped out when he wasn't in the top 10. He had a great chance of winning so he continued to play.

As I have stated before, I have a torn disc and I run half and full marathons. Regardless of the pain, I don't quit because the competition drives me. This is no different for Woods.

Do you remember when Michael Jordan had the flu and played his ass off? Same thing. It's all about competition and money. I really don't think Tiger acts like an NBA or NCAA b-ball player on the court. Talking about actors. LOL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree guys and here is why. Tiger is all about the money. Selling his name, brand, clothing line, building golf courses, autographs, etc. In the past, Tiger has dropped out when he wasn't in the top 10. He had a great chance of winning so he continued to play.

As I have stated before, I have a torn disc and I run half and full marathons. Regardless of the pain, I don't quit because the competition drives me. This is no different for Woods.

Do you remember when Michael Jordan had the flu and played his ass off? Same thing. It's all about competition and money. I really don't think Tiger acts like an NBA or NCAA b-ball player on the court. Talking about actors. LOL.

I don't think Tiger was acting, but my point is the amount of air time he gets creates more drama than the reality of his injury. Agreed...if he was T25 or something maybe he does pull out...I just don't think he would risk anything long term to finish that event.

I've played a tournament with a spasmic back...just locked up that morning...literally could not get in and out of the cart with ease for the 1st few holes until the muscle relaxers kicked in...played all 18 holes.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Tiger was acting, but my point is the amount of air time he gets creates more drama than the reality of his injury. Agreed...if he was T25 or something maybe he does pull out...I just don't think he would risk anything long term to finish that event.

I've played a tournament with a spasmic back...just locked up that morning...literally could not get in and out of the cart with ease for the 1st few holes until the muscle relaxers kicked in...played all 18 holes.

That's what I'm talkin' about. And I bet you didn't fall to your knees and pose for your buddies when you hity a bad shot either.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm talkin' about. And I bet you didn't fall to your knees and pose for your buddies when you hity a bad shot either.

Toby, everyone poses when they hit a shot. You know the guys I am talking about. I am sure you have played with many. Heck, look at what people wear while on the golf course in your home state. It's a freaking fashion show some days. :lol: