• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to post my full predictions for this year in this thread

at first going conference by conference, then independents

From there I'll make my prediction at the end of regular season Top 25, then predict my conference championships, from there predict the final Top 25, then the bowl games.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to post my full predictions for this year in this thread

at first going conference by conference, then independents

From there I'll make my prediction at the end of regular season Top 25, then predict my conference championships, from there predict the final Top 25, then the bowl games.

can I play?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be doing conferences in order by how strong I think they will be in order from greatest to worst, then the independents will follow that. I at first wanted to go from worst to greatest, but what school Dyer goes to looms large for the lower teams as it could allow them to pick up a few more wins, so I'll start from the top with the......

SEC_new_logo.png

EAST
1. Georgia Bulldogs 11-1(7-1) - Georgia opens the season with a win over Clemson in a tough offensive game that comes down to the wire, the following week South Carolina takes Georgia down, as South Carolina makes some plays on defense while their offense manages to get enough points to win against a Georgia defense still adjusting to lost starters, Georgia see's a challenge from LSU but pulls away late, Tennessee gives the Georgia defense fits but Georgia escapes, Georgia then rolls the next few, then beats Florida, Gus Malzahn and Auburn are the only team that gives Georgia a slight challenge the rest of the way.
2. South Carolina Gamecocks 10-2(6-2) - South Carolina gets challenged at some point in the first 3 games but wins them all, they roll through the next two, but then are upset by Arkansas, then the following week an improved Tennessee team pulls off their marquee win of the year beating South Carolina as South Carolina sees their losses come in pairs. After that they get tough games from Florida and rival Clemson but win both.
3. Florida Gators 10-2(6-2) - Florida sees struggles in the offense again this year, as they get a tougher than expected challenge in week one from Toledo, they then barely escape against Miami(fl), Tennessee also gives Florida fits, but Florida escapes, they finally win one big against Kentucky, before having struggles with both Arkansas and LSU but again escape both with victories, they dominate Missouri, but see their luck run out against Georgia and they lose that one. Vandy gives them a challenge but they win again, they lose the next week against South Carolina though, they then beat Florida State in a rivalry game at the end of the year.
4. Tennessee Volunteers 8-4(5-3) - Tennessee finds themselves much improved this year, early on they have their struggles, after an easy week one win, they struggle with the fighting Bobby Petrinos of Western Kentucky, but escape with the win, the Oregon Ducks blow them out, but it starts to turn around as they give the Florida Gators a challenge but lose, they win easy the next week, then give Georgia a tough challenge but still can't come up with the win, finally after the bye week it clicks and they upset South Carolina. The following week Alabama still pounds them, but after that Tennessee really gets rolling and ends the regular season on a four game winning streak.
5. Vanderbilt Commodores 7-5(3-5) - Vandy has been making a lot of progress the past few years but they take a bit of a step back this year, they actually start out strong at 5-1 with the loss being against South Carolina, but the schedule gets really difficult after that and they get back to back losses against Georgia and Texas A&M, they give Florida a challenge but lose that one, beat Kentucky, but lose to a hot Tennessee team, but end the season with a win over Wake Forest. James Franklin has exceeded expectations before, they do get a bye week before the Georgia and Florida games, so you never know.
6. Kentucky Wildcats 3-9(1-7) - Mark Stoops has really brought some excitement into this program, unfortunately it will be a bit before they're competitive, they lose a neutral site opener to the Fighting Bobby Petrionos of Western Kentucky, but beat Miami of Ohio the following week, their next 4 games are against teams who could all be in the top 10 at season's end(Louisville, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama) for a team with little talent like Kentucky, it won't end well, they get a bye then lose to Mississippi State but put up a fight, they finally get an easy game against Alabama State(though it would be more appropriate week one) and then beat Missouri at home for their lone SEC win, meaning the last 3 are losses.
7. Missouri 1-11(0-8) - Missouri struggled last year and the season was a disappointment, they don't look bad in week one against Murray State in an easy win, but they are then upset by a motivated Toledo team looking to avenge their close loss against the Gators the week before, after the bye a better than usual Indiana team beats them, it gets worse as Arkansas State joins the party, the SEC stretch of Vandy, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee all results in losses most of which aren't close and Pinkel is fired sometime during this stretch, the interim coach loses the final 3 to Kentucky, Mississippi and A&M.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently had to split this into two parts

WEST

1. Alabama Crimson Tide 11-1(7-1) - Alabama's season starts out a little slow against Virginia Tech as the Hokies put up a better fight than expected, Alabama though puts it away late in the 4th by scoring and making it a two score game. Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel again gives Alabama fits, but the game comes down late in the 4th, Alabama scores to take the lead late, but A&M answers to steal the victory in an upset as lightning strikes twice, Nick Saban once again complains about no-huddle offenses, the following week Colorado State surprisingly leads 7-3 at the end of the first quarter but Alabama isn't really challenged after that, they roll through the rest of the schedule rather easily, they trail a few more times but none of the rest of the games ever really gets in doubt.
2. Texas A&M Aggies 10-2(6-2) - Texas A&M opens the season with two easy wins, but then pull off an upset in the big one over Alabama, they win an ugly one against SMU the following week, and then are surprised by Arkansas as they lose that one in an upset. They go on to win the next 5 games, Mississippi being the only one that they are challenged for more than a half. Their run makes people wonder if Alabama despite being so dominant in their other games, will miss out on the SEC championship, but that ends as Texas A&M gets upset by LSU, they take out their anger on Missouri the following week.
3. Mississippi Rebels/Black Bears 7-5(4-4) - Mississippi coming into the season with lots of hype surround the young talent they have, end up with a wakeup call as they lose to Vandy in week one, they win the next one easily, but then lose to Texas in a game that never really ends up being close, Alabama blows them out the week after that, they then lose to Auburn in a close one, they put up a fight but still lose to Texas A&M, then their season gets turned around as they pull together and pull a big upset over LSU, they blowout Idaho the following week, then beat Arkansas after the bye, and easily win the next two, then beat rival Mississippi State to end the season on a 6 game winning streak as the young players really grow throughout the year.
4. Louisiana State Tigers 8-4(4-4) - LSU starts the season with a tough challenge from TCU, its a close one throughout but LSU excels in season openers so that gives them the edge, they struggle more than expected against UAB and Kent State but still win by double digits in both, LSU does beat Auburn also but they are finally beaten by Georgia. LSU struggles with Mississippi State but wins still, they lose at home against Florida in a close defensive game, the following week they suffer a major upset against a then 1-5 Ole Miss team, they win an unnecessarily late season game against Furman the following week, then lose to Alabama in a game where they don't put up too much of a challenge, they end strong by upsetting Texas A&M then beating Arkansas.
5. Arkansas Razorbacks 8-4(4-4) - Arkansas ends up surprising a few people this year by having a better than expected season, as this season the distractions are gone and coaching has been improved significantly. They start out a little slow out of the gates as they struggle against Louisiana-Lafayette but escape with the win, they pick things up by winning the next 3 without too much trouble, they then pull a big upset over Texas A&M but the even bigger upset is that Bret Bielema doesn't complain about no-huddle offenses after the game. They give Florida all they can handle the following week but lose, they again pull a huge upset, this time against South Carolina, they finally fall back to earth the following week in a blowout loss to Alabama. Still they impress many by coming out of that tough 4 game stretch 2-2. After the bye they beat Auburn, but lose to hot Mississippi team the next week. After another bye they beat Mississippi State then lose to LSU in the finale.
6. Auburn Tigers 6-6(2-6) - Gus Malzahn comes in and as a head coach gives Auburn immediate improvement, though they still have a lot of improvement to go, Auburn starts the season 3-0 including wins over Malzahn's former team(Arkansas State) and Mississippi State. They lose to LSU but at least put up a fight. After the bye they beat Ole Miss, then win the next one, a good 5-1 start but things start to get challenging as Texas A&M blows them out, but they win another against Florida Atlantic, before losing a tough last 4 games.
7. Mississippi State 4-8(1-7) - Dan Mullen has been doing a pretty good job here, but unfortunately I don't see them making a bowl this year with a significantly tougher schedule, thanks to an OOC schedule where they actually play some decent teams, and some teams in conference play that previously had inept coaching have now replaced them with good coaches. Mississippi State loses to Oklahoma State in the opener, they win the next one easily, then lose to Auburn. Troy ends up being a simple one for them as they win that one. They nearly beat LSU, then pick up what would soon be their best win over Bowling Green. They beat Kentucky after the bye, but it gets really rough and they lose the rest.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... no respect for Missouri.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. As someone who also likes making long-winded posts with indepth analysis that mostly nobody will read, that is some good stuff man. :thumb:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... no respect for Missouri.

it definitely was one of my more interesting picks, I could be wrong easily and they could make a bowl, but right now they have it tough

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. As someone who also likes making long-winded posts with indepth analysis that mostly nobody will read, that is some good stuff man. :thumb:

i too make some long winded plorsts. And I read yours.:yahoo:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinkel probably gets fired if they win 5.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinkel probably gets fired if they win 5.

Tough business, he did a lot of good things for them too

of course he once led a 4th quarter comeback only to lose the game by icing his own kicker

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough business, he did a lot of good things for them too

of course he once led a 4th quarter comeback only to lose the game by icing his own kicker

He didn't do the things for Mizzou that Snyder did for K. State.
In the Big XII north Pinkel got the benefit of Nebraska, K. State, and Colorado being down.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 5 SEC teams in the Top 10 come Dec...

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 5 SEC teams in the Top 10 come Dec...

lol, this is what I was thinking from his predictions. Hell, its all down hill from here. No need to really go over any other conference, just maybe some of the other major players.