• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 5 SEC teams in the Top 10 come Dec...

Well, if you think about it there's four SEC teams that will for sure start in the top 10 in Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia, and South Carolina. And those teams deserve to start off there. Then you have two more fringe preseason top 10 teams in Florida and LSU. Hey man, it's a tough conference. Half of the top 10 probably should consist of SEC teams in most recent seasons.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you think about it there's four SEC teams that will for sure start in the top 10 in Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia, and South Carolina. And those teams deserve to start off there. Then you have two more fringe preseason top 10 teams in Florida and LSU. Hey man, it's a tough conference. Half of the top 10 probably should consist of SEC teams in most recent seasons.
-
I have a feeling that might not happen this yr. I think SEC West maybe a complete bitch this yr. I really like the growth I saw out of Ole Miss last yr. IMO Freeze did the best coaching job in the country last yr. Ark and Auburn can not be as bad. I like Ole Miss to make some noise. I think Tenn is going to bite someone in the ass. I think 1-14 this might be one of the better season for the SEC.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do the things for Mizzou that Snyder did for K. State.
In the Big XII north Pinkel got the benefit of Nebraska, K. State, and Colorado being down.

This is very true

had the BCS system been a little different Snyder would have gotten Kansas State to several BCS bowls, and they were the worst major conference program before he got there

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Ohio State running the table and will play in the NC game against Alabama and get exposed for being king of an exceptionally weak conference.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Ohio State running the table and will play in the NC game against Alabama and destroy them for being king of an exceptionally overrated SEC conference.

Fixed it for you.

Thanks

220px-Nostradamus94.jpg

:yahoo:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed it for you.

Thanks

220px-Nostradamus94.jpg

:yahoo:
No problem Mookie.....Notre Dame fans did a lot of chirping also....LOL...I think we all know the SEC dominates the Big10 so I'm not so sure your "fix" is going to resonate with anyone. Urban is up there trying to make your boys look like the Gators....not gonna happen.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioning Oregon.... It's time for my next conference

pac-12-logo.jpg

NORTH

1. Stanford Cardinal 11-1(8-1) - Last year Stanford ended the season hot with Kevin Hogan as quarterback, this year they will be very good with Hogan playing good on offense and the defense will once again be stout. Stanford wins the first two, San Jose State gives them a little trouble but that's it. They enter conference play and beat Arizona State and Washington State. Washington gives them some trouble but they avenge last years loss, Stanford then wins the next two by double digits, but after playing all these games without a bye in between any of them Stanford is a little worn out and having to play an at the moment unbeaten Oregon State team on the road won't help matters and Oregon State pulls off the victory, Stanford finally gets a bye before playing Oregon on a Thursday night, Stanford once again plays disciplined defense and takes down Oregon. Stanford wins their final 3 after that.

2. Oregon Ducks 11-1(8-1) - No Chip Kelly, no problem for the Ducks, they win their first 5 with ease, but then they play Washington on the road, Oregon has dominated Washington as of late but the Huskies are tough at home, I still see Oregon winning it though. Oregon rolls past Washington State, and UCLA gives them a little trouble but Oregon still wins by double digits. After the bye on Thursday night they take on Stanford, unfortunately for the Ducks a disciplined defense is the one thing that can stop them or slow them down and that's what Stanford has, so Stanford beats them. Oregon rolls in the next two games, before they face Oregon State, Oregon has more struggles than usual but wins.

3. Oregon State Beavers 10-2(7-2)- Oregon State had a great year last year, this year could even be better, Oregon State rolls easily in their first two, before seeing some troubles in the next two games but still winning. Oregon State easily wins the next 3 games, before seeing a tough challenge at home against Stanford, it's a close one throughout but Oregon State finishes strong in the 4th quarter to win. They play USC the following Friday but win that one no problem. They then go on the road against Arizona State and are surprisingly upset in that one, they recover by beating Washington at home, but then go on the road against Oregon, they put up a better fight than they have recently against them but still lose.

4. Washington Huskies 9-3(6-3) - Washington finally breaks 7 wins this year and has an overall good year, unfortunately it doesn't start out as they want it, as they lose their home opener against Boise State in a tough one that goes down to the wire. After that they win the next two easily, and then get revenge on Arizona after the embarrassing blowout they suffered to them last year. After that they hit a tough 3 game stretch, they lose a tough one on the road to Stanford before playing Oregon at home, Washington puts up a better fight than they have lately but still can't pull off the victory. After that they manage to beat Arizona State on the road. Washington wins the next two home games rather easily, before going on the road against UCLA and having a tough time with that one but still winning. They lose on the road to Oregon State the following week before beating Washington State to get revenge on last year's loss to them.

5. California Golden Bears 3-9(2-7) - Cal hired a good coach in Sonny Dykes, but unfortunately with lost starters from a team that struggled last year and a tough division this will be a rebuilding year for them, They go 1-2 in the non-conference losing to Ohio State and Northwestern. After that they lose the next 5 games, the closest of which will be at home against Washington State where Cal loses just barely. Cal then notches a random home win over Arizona that not many people expect, before they lose to USC, but then pick up a victory at Colorado before losing the last game on the road against Stanford.

6. Washington State Cougars 3-9(1-8) - Washington State last year had more troubles adjusting to Mike Leach's system than expected, this year will be more of the same before they finally turn the corner next year. Early on Washington State loses to Auburn and USC, before winning easily against Southern Utah and Idaho. They give Stanford some trouble but lose by double digits, before beating Cal, it's a solid start for them but unfortunately they got some tough draws in the Pac schedule making things difficult so they lose the rest.

SOUTH

1. UCLA Bruins 7-5(5-4) - UCLA had a great year last year, the schedule is a little tougher this year though. In week one they beat Nevada, but in their second game they lose to Nebraska in a tough one, they win the next one easily. After that they surprisingly lose to Utah, before beating Cal. They play both Stanford and Oregon on the road after that, they lose both. It gets easier though as they beat Colorado and Arizona, before losing a close one to Washington, but yet turn the tables in the South division by upsetting Arizona State, and then sealing Lane Kiffin's fate at USC by beating them on the road.

2. Arizona State Sun Devils 8-4(5-4) - Arizona State has a talented team but faces a very difficult schedule. They open up with an easy win before taking on Wisconsin at home, being at home is usually a good advantage for Pac-12 teams against the Big 10 so Arizona State takes that one surprising a few people. Arizona State loses to Stanford the following week before beating USC. They then take advantage of struggles by Tommy Rees and beat Notre Dame at Jerry world. They beat Colorado easily but lose to Washington to end the tough stretch before their bye. After the bye they win road games over Washington State and Utah before pulling a major upset over Oregon State at home which gets people talking about them, unfortunately they don't handle the success too well and lose on the road to UCLA the following week leaving the door open for them, as it turns out they lose the following week to determined rival Arizona. Arizona State still has a very good year, but fans feel bitter about squandering the division lead and losing out on a shot at the Rose Bowl.

3. USC Trojans 7-6(5-4) - USC has a very talented team this year, talented enough to go 11-2 at the least, unfortunately the issue is Lane Kiffin is their coach. They do win the first 3 without too much trouble, but then have a home game against Utah State which should be an easy win, but Utah State defense gives USC's offense fits, and Chuckie Keeton of Utah State makes big plays late to allow Utah State to pull off the upset, USC doesn't recover and loses to Arizona State. After the bye they beat Arizona on Thursday night, but then lose on the road against Notre Dame, they continue this win-lose-win-lose trend the rest of the year but the most insulting point is when they lose at home to UCLA while still having a shot at the division crown, that seals Lane Kiffin's face and an interim coach coaches the bowl game.

4. Arizona Wildcats 7-5(4-5) - Arizona has a talented team and expectations are high, unfortunately they haven't lived up to high expectations when they've had them recently. They win the first 3 games, only challenge is on the road against an improved UNLV team, they lose on the road to Washington for their first loss, then lose to USC on Thursday night after the bye. Arizona does win the next two games, before suffering an expected loss at Cal, they lose the following week to UCLA also. They beat Washington State but lose in a blowout to Oregon, but the highlight of the year is when the ruin their rival's hopes of a Rose Bowl bid by upsetting them on the road.

5. Utah Utes 6-6(3-6) - Utah has had issues with injuries for the past few years, even before leaving the Mountain West mainly on the offensive side, eventually they should have a year where it all comes together and they have a season like Oregon State last year, they finally have a talented QB in Travis Wilson, but unfortunately they lose John White who was a great running back for them, they've had issue being healthy there, the offensive line lacks experience also. Utah wins a tough one over rival Utah State to open the season, then win the next game easily. Oregon State beats them at home, but Utah manages to beat both their rivals by beating BYU on the road, the strong start continues as they pull off an unexpected win over UCLA, after that the inexperience on the offensive line hurts them as Stanford's defense is all over the place, they lose the next 4 after that too, they manage to beat Washington State and Colorado to end the season in order to at least make a bowl.

6. Colorado Buffaloes 1-11(0-9)- MacIntyre is a great coach who certainly isn't new to turning around a program that had been losing a lot, after a few years he should be able to start winning games. Unfortunately this year there's not much talent, they lose a tough one to Colorado State then beat Central Arkansas, they lose the rest of their games, but at least put up some fights and don't get completely blown out of the water like they did losing 69-14 to Fresno State and 70-14 to Oregon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington's a wildcard. I've been waiting for Sark to have everything come together and return them to former relevance.

I'm beginning to wonder if my expectations were unreasonable. He's got the talent on hand and this needs to be the year he gets them to the next level.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ is this last year?.... Looks just like it.... Nice work again... Great read

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington's a wildcard. I've been waiting for Sark to have everything come together and return them to former relevance.

I'm beginning to wonder if my expectations were unreasonable. He's got the talent on hand and this needs to be the year he gets them to the next level.

They have a lot of talent this year sir, that's for sure, they proved it at home last year, to have a breakout year they need to play like that on the road, and finally beat Oregon, I didn't predict it as you can see, but it could happen.

^^^ is this last year?.... Looks just like it.... Nice work again... Great read

It does look similar LOL!! Thanks sir

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is an interesting pick their O-Line should be real good again they have recruited well for that position the last couple of years. They also have stability with the HC.
Stanford would have a great season then the HC would bail and they would go in the tank for a decade.
Now they look like legitimate contenders year in and year out.

I went up there for a game when Luck was a senior and there revamped stadium is nice, like watching a game in a basketball arena no bad seats.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is an interesting pick their O-Line should be real good again they have recruited well for that position the last couple of years. They also have stability with the HC.
Stanford would have a great season then the HC would bail and they would go in the tank for a decade.
Now they look like legitimate contenders year in and year out.

I went up there for a game when Luck was a senior and there revamped stadium is nice, like watching a game in a basketball arena no bad seats.

It's amazing how much they have improved, not too many years ago their football program was the joke of the Pac, now like you said they're legitimate contenders year in and year out.

One of these years Stanford might break out and win the national title

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is the team that might go sideways. I have no clue how good their HC will be.
They need to start recruiting heavily on Defense, kids already want tho go there because of the O.
Once they start getting some stud D-Linemen they will boat race a lot of teams even more than they do now.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is the team that might go sideways. I have no clue how good their HC will be.
They need to start recruiting heavily on Defense, kids already want tho go there because of the O.
Once they start getting some stud D-Linemen they will boat race a lot of teams even more than they do now.

He's been Kelly's right hand man, but has not been a head coach though

I agree though, that will make them tough to beat for the "natty"

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely understand the thought process. It is legitimate from years past. But they have built quite the D line recently. Dion Jordan #3 pick in draft and a projected 2nd rounder next seasons draft along with two others that should be drafted 4-5th rounds. They also have a Soph in Arik Armstead that was one of the top recruits in the nation from the 2012 class.

Oregon scoring defense finished ranked 25th in the country last season while playing in the high powered offensive PAC. Higher than teams like tOSU, Oklahoma, USC, and other traditional powers. The defense is improving mightily. Room to grow but its coming along.

The defense also led the nation in INTs, turnover ratio, top 10 red zone defense.