• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NBA Draft Prospect Watch

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's everyone opinion on Thomas Robinson? Very quick and strong underneath the rim, and seems like a good player to complement Bogut, Curry, and Thompson going forward. Obviously we'd have to get lucky to be in a position to draft him, though.

I'm guessing the first three picks in the draft are gonna be Davis, Drummond, and Kidd-Gilchrist? Robinson is probably at 4 or 5.

The only problem with Robinson (to the Warriors) is that we won't be able to get rid of Lee. To tell you the truth though, I think Bogut and Lee (will) compliment each other well already.

I think the focus will be on a scrappy sf. MKG would be perfect, though I'm sure all of these guys will be in the mix to be a Warrior 2012 NBA Draft Preview: Top 10 Small Forwards | NBADraft.net

Lebryan Nash is another guy that I'm really interested in, I just hope he can get his head right.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I personally like about Barnes is that the kid is relentless on defense. As shocking as it may seem (because I am a Warriors fan) I love watching guys who play defense and handle the ball well.

His offense will come around when he gets to the next level. He has the talent to become a solid 12-15 ppg scorer in the NBA. But his defense is already there. He doesn't need any work on the defensive end of the ball.

He is really lazy on defense and absolutely cannot handle the ball...He has the potential to play great defense, but he has not played great defense in two years. And i think he really needs to improve his ball handling, because it was a detriment in college, how is he going to play in the NBA until it improves?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sooner Lee and Biedrins are off the team the better. Robinson blows Lee of the water.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with Robinson (to the Warriors) is that we won't be able to get rid of Lee. To tell you the truth though, I think Bogut and Lee (will) compliment each other well already.

I think the focus will be on a scrappy sf. MKG would be perfect, though I'm sure all of these guys will be in the mix to be a Warrior 2012 NBA Draft Preview: Top 10 Small Forwards | NBADraft.net

Lebryan Nash is another guy that I'm really interested in, I just hope he can get his head right.

Why is James Michael McAdoo listed as a 3? And please tell me that those are a list of the top ten, not the top ten. Because the order seems a little flawed. IMO.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sooner Lee and Biedrins are off the team the better. Robinson blows Lee of the water.

It's going to be real hard to get someone to take on Lee's contract. He has 6 more seasons, get used to him.

At the same time though, I'm not so sure if Robinson's college game is so much better than Lee. The FACT is that Lee can score in a variety of ways, as well as rebound at an NBA level. We all wish he had tenacious defense to go with it, but hey.

Robinson doesnt play all that tenacious defense either. Also his one year wonder stats haven't proved that he can contribute in any way at the NBA level.

The Warriors need to be looking at a small forward. The only way a pf or c should be in the discussion is if Anthony Davis or Andre Drummond is involved.

I actually think Bogut and Lee will compliment each other well. Their games matchup.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be real hard to get someone to take on Lee's contract. He has 6 more seasons, get used to him.

At the same time though, I'm not so sure if Robinson's college game is so much better than Lee. The FACT is that Lee can score in a variety of ways, as well as rebound at an NBA level. We all wish he had tenacious defense to go with it, but hey.

Robinson doesnt play all that tenacious defense either. Also his one year wonder stats haven't proved that he can contribute in any way at the NBA level.

The Warriors need to be looking at a small forward. The only way a pf or c should be in the discussion is if Anthony Davis or Andre Drummond is involved.

I actually think Bogut and Lee will compliment each other well. Their games matchup.

Lee only has 4 years left, I believe.

I agree with you that I don't believe Robinson would be much of an upgrade over Lee, for all the reasons you said above. That being said there is a huge glaring hole at the PF/C backup spot. Biedrins is utterly useless at this point, and I don't think McGuire is a long term solution at the 4. Tyler is at least 2-3 years away from being a rotational player.

We have Lee and Bogut who will command most of the minutes, but they need a reliable guy off the bench who can come in, score a bit and defend. I'm not even looking towards the 7th pick, as that still looks like a pipedream at this point. At 27, they need to pick up a solid player who can contribute right away. I really like Nicholson from St. Bonaventure but I think he'll be gone before 27. I also like Drew Gordon from New Mexico too. I think both those guys could come in and contribute right away.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is James Michael McAdoo listed as a 3? And please tell me that those are a list of the top ten, not the top ten. Because the order seems a little flawed. IMO.

I noticed that too. Its a list of his top sf's, I agree with the names, not the order. I have MKG as my top guy to the Warriors.

I said the same thing about McAdoo. I'm not sure why he's listed at the 3, especially as the top 3? I see a ton of James Worthy comparisons, I don't see it.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee only has 4 years left, I believe.

I agree with you that I don't believe Robinson would be much of an upgrade over Lee, for all the reasons you said above. That being said there is a huge glaring hole at the PF/C backup spot. Biedrins is utterly useless at this point, and I don't think McGuire is a long term solution at the 4. Tyler is at least 2-3 years away from being a rotational player.

We have Lee and Bogut who will command most of the minutes, but they need a reliable guy off the bench who can come in, score a bit and defend. I'm not even looking towards the 7th pick, as that still looks like a pipedream at this point. At 27, they need to pick up a solid player who can contribute right away. I really like Nicholson from St. Bonaventure but I think he'll be gone before 27. I also like Drew Gordon from New Mexico too. I think both those guys could come in and contribute right away.

We do need a backup 4, though I think the 1st round has to be reserved for one of the sf's that will be around. We need a scrappy, defensive 3 that can lock up the other teams best wing. If we have to draft down there in the first I'm looking at LeBryan Nash or Jeff Taylor.

To tell you the truth, I was happy to see we picked up Keith Benson, I think he could be a good backup pf in the league. Also, I think D. Wright will have to be traded this off season, he obviously doesn't fit in Mark Jackson's plans. I think he can be packaged for a decent backup pf/c.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that too. Its a list of his top sf's, I agree with the names, not the order. I have MKG as my top guy to the Warriors.

I said the same thing about McAdoo. I'm not sure why he's listed at the 3, especially as the top 3? I see a ton of James Worthy comparisons, I don't see it.

Yeah, McAdoo is extremely athletic but he hasnt shown any kind of ability to put the ball on the floor and make things happen. He is a rebounder and gets almost all of his points on dunks. I think he is a good prospect at the 4 though. And i agree with MKG being the top 3, but i can understand how playing on a fastbreak all-star team can make it tough to judge him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, McAdoo is extremely athletic but he hasnt shown any kind of ability to put the ball on the floor and make things happen. He is a rebounder and gets almost all of his points on dunks. I think he is a good prospect at the 4 though. And i agree with MKG being the top 3, but i can understand how playing on a fastbreak all-star team can make it tough to judge him.

It's his tenacious defense that puts him above the rest, imo.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need a backup 4, though I think the 1st round has to be reserved for one of the sf's that will be around. We need a scrappy, defensive 3 that can lock up the other teams best wing. If we have to draft down there in the first I'm looking at LeBryan Nash or Jeff Taylor.

To tell you the truth, I was happy to see we picked up Keith Benson, I think he could be a good backup pf in the league. Also, I think D. Wright will have to be traded this off season, he obviously doesn't fit in Mark Jackson's plans. I think he can be packaged for a decent backup pf/c.

I really like him as solid 4 off the bench, too. What happened in Atlanta? Did he come in out of shape or something? Let go after two preseason games? Hope he fulfills his potential with the Dubs. I never have and don't expect him to have a high ceiling, but I watched him play five times in college and his floor didn't seem low either (for a back-up 4).

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching some players highlights and reading about some players and I think I've found a new favorite player. Moe Harkless is my new "man crush" to go to the Warriors. I haven't seen him in any games though, that's the reason I say I THINK he's my new favorite.

He looks to play both ends of the floor really well, as well as being a true scoring threat. He has "franchise player" potential. He's so young too, leaves him with so much upside.

Moe Harkless Highlight Mix - YouTube

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching some players highlights and reading about some players and I think I've found a new favorite player. Moe Harkless is my new "man crush" to go to the Warriors. I haven't seen him in any games though, that's the reason I say I THINK he's my new favorite.

He looks to play both ends of the floor really well, as well as being a true scoring threat. He has "franchise player" potential. He's so young too, leaves him with so much upside.

Moe Harkless Highlight Mix - YouTube

To be honest, I don't see anything about him that screams "franchise" potential. Defensively it's hard to assess because St. John's plays a zone defense. It's hard to gauge how good an individual defender he is. It looks like he plays the passing lanes decent, but looks like he takes bad angles some times when he defends.

On the offensive end, he's a complete project. I think his value in the NBA would be as a 3, and right now he's not ready to contribute. His ball handling is suspect and doesn't have a consistent outside shot. He has no left hand either.

The one thing he does look to have is very good athleticism and a good motor. He could develop into a decent player, but not as high on him as you are.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I don't see anything about him that screams "franchise" potential. Defensively it's hard to assess because St. John's plays a zone defense. It's hard to gauge how good an individual defender he is. It looks like he plays the passing lanes decent, but looks like he takes bad angles some times when he defends.

On the offensive end, he's a complete project. I think his value in the NBA would be as a 3, and right now he's not ready to contribute. His ball handling is suspect and doesn't have a consistent outside shot. He has no left hand either.

The one thing he does look to have is very good athleticism and a good motor. He could develop into a decent player, but not as high on him as you are.

You also forgot to mention that he's a freshman, his upside is off the charts.

Another thing that threw me off about your comments was that you said he's a complete project on offense. Huh? The kid has skills. Look at his game by game numbers, again, as a freshman Moe Harkless Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - St. John's Red Storm - ESPN

Franchise player potential, watch.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also forgot to mention that he's a freshman, his upside is off the charts.

Another thing that threw me off about your comments was that you said he's a complete project on offense. Huh? The kid has skills. Look at his game by game numbers, again, as a freshman Moe Harkless Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - St. John's Red Storm - ESPN

Franchise player potential, watch.

No offense meant with my opinion. Obviously I'm not an NBA scout, but I think if he's going to thrive in the NBA it's going to be at the 3, not the 4. In order to do that he's going to have to develop his perimeter skills, which I think are lacking at the moment. He has potential to be a nice player, but I still don't see franchise potential.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, I think Terrence Jones would be a nice fit to our team. He plays with a nasty streak, which I think the Warriors could benefit. He has a very nice skill set and rebounds and defends very well. His maturity issues would be greatly addressed by Jackson and guys like Lee, Bogut and Curry.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know where to look for 2013 prospects, but the people on this board seem to know a lot, and i have a question about a prospect:

Reggie Bullock

6-7 205 Guard

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard of him / if they think he could be a lottery pick like Harrison Barnes and/or why he wouldnt have been a lottery pick had he come out last year.

Thanks in advance.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know where to look for 2013 prospects, but the people on this board seem to know a lot, and i have a question about a prospect:

Reggie Bullock

6-7 205 Guard

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard of him / if they think he could be a lottery pick like Harrison Barnes and/or why he wouldnt have been a lottery pick had he come out last year.

Thanks in advance.
I don't want to come off like I know a lot about Bullock or about why he didn't come out but I'm pretty certain that he wanted to have his time to shine. He didn't (or wasn't able to) put up any kinds of numbers on the stacked UNC team.

He has intriguing size at the 2 position, average at the 3 (where he plays now). Since he's known mostly as a spot up shooter I'm sure he will be on a mission to show that he's versatile enough to put the ball on the floor and score too.

I personally don't think he'll be a lottery player, but I've been wrong on several occasions. :gossip:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to come off like I know a lot about Bullock or about why he didn't come out but I'm pretty certain that he wanted to have his time to shine. He didn't (or wasn't able to) put up any kinds of numbers on the stacked UNC team.

He has intriguing size at the 2 position, average at the 3 (where he plays now). Since he's known mostly as a spot up shooter I'm sure he will be on a mission to show that he's versatile enough to put the ball on the floor and score too.

I personally don't think he'll be a lottery player, but I've been wrong on several occasions. :gossip:

Thank you, I think he is very similar to Barnes. He put up very similar numbers compared to Barnes, only major difference being points and turnovers. Barnes turned the ball over about twice as much and scored about twice as much, but Bullock was the better defender of the two of them. Also, did you mean to say he plays the 3 now, because he is a 2 guard?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, I think he is very similar to Barnes. He put up very similar numbers compared to Barnes, only major difference being points and turnovers. Barnes turned the ball over about twice as much and scored about twice as much, but Bullock was the better defender of the two of them. Also, did you mean to say he plays the 3 now, because he is a 2 guard?

I was saying that I see him listed as a 3, not sure how accurate it is?