• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NBA Draft Prospect Watch

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think so....my guess is Drummond.

Right now, I'd have to agree with you. Drummond looks every bit the top player in the country right now.

But let's wait until March rolls around to see how these kids handle the pressure of March Madness.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching Texas again right now and once again am noticing Myck Kabongo. This kid is a really good fr. pg. He's like 6'2, with about a 6'9 wingspan. His arms are crazy long. On top of that, he knows how to use them on defense and driving to the lane. I haven't noticed his specialty or whatever, but I like this kid.

Myck Kabongo All-Canadian Point Guard - YouTube

The only pg that I've seen this season that I like better is Kendall Marshall from North Carolina. I would love to have Marshall on the team. He's a big (6'4), true pg. He's not the best shooter, however, he will contribute several perfect passes for the scorers to take advantage of. He's my 2nd favorite college player, only behind Andre Drummond's potential.

If we could land both of these players (after blowing the team up) I'd be ecstatic.

Kendall Marshall-Basketball IQ - YouTube

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Kentucky last night I'm convinced that Anthony Davis will become one of the greatest pf's ever. This kid is only a "true" fr, and he's amazing. I've seen a few Kentucky games this season and always tried to not pay much attention to him because of all the hype. I was like "he's too skinny", or "another Anthony Randolph", I was wrong. I really looked at him yesterday and noticed that he has a body the will fill out to a bit bigger than KG. His length is incredibly too (7-4 wingspan), standing 6-11, his standing reach is listed at 9-1 right now, and his max vert is over 12 ft already. This kid does everything on offense well and everything on defense GREAT. He's never out of defensive or rebounding position, his timing is perfect, I would love for him to be our pf (please don't wake me).

I have changed my favorite prospect again, it's now Anthony Davis, as a pf though, not as a center.

Anthony Davis University of Kentucky 2011-2012 Mix - YouTube

The one gripe that I have about him is that I would like him more intense. He seems to never get too high or too low.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Warriors have some picks this year and with the #7 looking pretty far away at this point, we should start looking at some prospects who could potentially be there around 27(Spurs), 35(Nets) and 51(Hawks). Hopefully we can package this picks to move up to around the 17-20 spots but that's yet to be seen as well.

Who are some of your late 1st and early 2nd players who could help the Warriors?

I'd definitely take a hard look at Andrew Nicholson. This kid looks legit. He already has a vast array of post moves and has great footwork.

Andrew Nicholson Highlights - YouTube

Another guy would be Fab Melo. You can't teach 7'0", 260lb. I'm sure his stock will slip due to all his off court issues, but given the right situation and coaching could at worst be a guy to protect the rim and rebound. Could be a Joel Pryzbilla lite.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fab Melo and Kevin Jones may be around at the bottom of the first round.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery Taylor's 2010-2011 Highlight Video - YouTube

Jeff Taylor looks like the type of player we need too. I've been looking at lockdown defender 3's. With what it seems like will be our team next season, I'm sure a Bowen type to take over for Jefferson would be a high priority. We need to mix in a rugged defender on the wing. We could package our picks to move up for him.

Curry, Jenkins

Klay, Rush

Jefferson, Wright

Lee,

Bogut, Tyler

*note: These highlights are from last season, he's vastly improved this season.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have to add Terrence Jones to the list. I know he's a bit of a tweener, but he can play the 3. His all around game is one of the best, plus he has the size and ability to shutdown most NBA sf's (with a commitment to defense).

Terrence Basketball Jones.wmv - YouTube

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce White has an extreme fear of flying. He'll need some intense therapy to get over it. I don't know what team would draft a rookie who wouldn't play outside of any home games. With the travel schedule of the NBA that could be crazy.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford reporting that MKG will enter the draft this year. His announcement should follow the end of UK's season. Said that he knows he will be a top 5 pick and can't pass up the opportunity.

I view him as a Gerald Wallace type player. Good motor, athletic, great defender and rebounder, but very raw on the offensive side of the ball. I think he's a lock to become a very good player in this league. Not sure if he's a superstar but definitely has probably the lowest risk of any of the players being taken in the top 5.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford reporting that MKG will enter the draft this year. His announcement should follow the end of UK's season. Said that he knows he will be a top 5 pick and can't pass up the opportunity.

I view him as a Gerald Wallace type player. Good motor, athletic, great defender and rebounder, but very raw on the offensive side of the ball. I think he's a lock to become a very good player in this league. Not sure if he's a superstar but definitely has probably the lowest risk of any of the players being taken in the top 5.

Sounds like exactly what the Warriors would need if Curry and Bogut can stay healthy. So Anthony Davis has the highest ceiling and MKG has the lowest floor? Are you telling me that I should have picked Kentucky in my bracket?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like exactly what the Warriors would need if Curry and Bogut can stay healthy. So Anthony Davis has the highest ceiling and MKG has the lowest floor? Are you telling me that I should have picked Kentucky in my bracket?

Along with one of the biggest enigma's of the draft in Terrence Jones. They've got every aspect covered when it comes to the draft.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with one of the biggest enigma's of the draft in Terrence Jones. They've got every aspect covered when it comes to the draft.

Yeah. It's interesting to look at the mocks and see that most of them have the starting 5s of both UK and UNC drafted in the Top 25. Just as interesting is that Jones is projected in almost the exact same draft slot as last year. Obviously, he was solely going back for the shot at a championship. The money won't be much different, and with the new CBA, might be less.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's interesting to look at the mocks and see that most of them have the starting 5s of both UK and UNC drafted in the Top 25. Just as interesting is that Jones is projected in almost the exact same draft slot as last year. Obviously, he was solely going back for the shot at a championship. The money won't be much different, and with the new CBA, might be less.

I think the fact that he's a tweener kind of hurt his chances to be drafted higher. I think people will look at him as teams did Marcus Morris this past year.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To everyone that mentioned Barnes. What is it about him that makes him such a good prospect?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To everyone that mentioned Barnes. What is it about him that makes him such a good prospect?

What I personally like about Barnes is that the kid is relentless on defense. As shocking as it may seem (because I am a Warriors fan) I love watching guys who play defense and handle the ball well.

His offense will come around when he gets to the next level. He has the talent to become a solid 12-15 ppg scorer in the NBA. But his defense is already there. He doesn't need any work on the defensive end of the ball.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Terrence Jones today has verified for me what I've always said about him. He's an NBA small forward, not a tweener. His handle, length, athleticism, jumper, defense and IQ have him in my second tier of sf's along with Harrison Barnes, though behind Michael Kidd Gilchrist. I might like Jones over Barnes as of now, I'll wait till after the combine though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's everyone opinion on Thomas Robinson? Very quick and strong underneath the rim, and seems like a good player to complement Bogut, Curry, and Thompson going forward. Obviously we'd have to get lucky to be in a position to draft him, though.

I'm guessing the first three picks in the draft are gonna be Davis, Drummond, and Kidd-Gilchrist? Robinson is probably at 4 or 5.